What is your 2017 QB depth chart?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm still wrapping my head around just how many QB's seem to be coming out. The game has changed and become more professional at reading defenses down to the High School level, so you are seeing these guys coming from all over, Prescott from a gimmick offense, Wentz from a small school, etc that have the accumen already to get up to speed faster than in the past.

And then this 2017 crop is the mother load, though the couple guys at the top really concern me. I would much rather end up with Garrett and hope that between Garrett, McPhee, Floyd we have at least 100 snaps a game covered at OLB, with some scraps and injury related starts for Young/Acho types.

The QB's I would bring into 2017 are:

1) Hoyer
2) 2017 2nd round pick (Kaaya, Falk, Webb, Kelly) The shear number of guys will actually cause several teams to wait and take value QB. Alot of teams already have young QB's right now. Kizer might come out if there is coaching turmoil, but I could just as easily see him decide to wait a year if the crop is good and deep and he isn't clearly #1, then he should wait. I'd rather put another impact player on the defense or o-line, unless we are absolutely sure. DeShaun Watson sliding is concerning as hell. Take "our" guy, or try our luck with top second round investment.
3) Shaw (hopefully modern science can get him mobile again)
4) 2017 6th or 7th round pick. Don't let UDFA dictate the other young arm we add. Bring our young gun here.

Now...if you fire Fox, promote Fangio, and bring in McDaniels to "build the system" or an OC of that quality, if you have to give them head coach only do so if Fangio will stay. We must remian strong on that side of the ball. We need to build a Bears system and language, stop this changing OC's every 2 years. Gvie these QB's a chance.
The Bears "system" should be designed for the conditions we play on at home.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Freeman, Trevaithon, McPhee (Floyd if he was used correctly like Green bay is using Peppers in passing situations only, 30-40 snaps a game.), Porter, Goldman, Hicks

And maybe Bullard, and a safety can develop to that status.

I consider those guys our impact playmakers, that are more than just bodies and irreplaceable when they are down.

r1terrell23

Liked Posts:
We need to draft a traditional pocket passing qb. I love having a mobile qb to be a dual threat but we need a pass first, pass second, accurate qb. I like Watson but he is a huge question mark at picks 1-5. I like Kelly and Falk alot. I think those will be the two best qb's in this draft. I think they both will shoot up into the top 15 as 3 qb's will probably go in the top 15.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
We need to draft a traditional pocket passing qb. I love having a mobile qb to be a dual threat but we need a pass first, pass second, accurate qb. I like Watson but he is a huge question mark at picks 1-5. I like Kelly and Falk alot. I think those will be the two best qb's in this draft. I think they both will shoot up into the top 15 as 3 qb's will probably go in the top 15.

I don't think Falk has any chance before the 4th round personally.

Kelly is going to be red flagged, and won't go until 2-4.

There are many others though this year, we will have to wait and see who declares. Washington, Virginia, North Carolina and others have some prospects.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Freeman, Trevaithon, McPhee (Floyd if he was used correctly like Green bay is using Peppers in passing situations only, 30-40 snaps a game.), Porter, Goldman, Hicks

And maybe Bullard, and a safety can develop to that status.

I consider those guys our impact playmakers, that are more than just bodies and irreplaceable when they are down.

Freeman is good. McPhee is rarely healthy and was a backup on his previous team. Goldman and Hicks are solid players. Porter is a guy. Bullard is nothing yet.

With the possible exception of Freeman, the defense does not have any "impact players", unless your definition of impact player is "good enough to start on some teams".

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
McPhee backed up pro-bowlers, outperformed them and had a per snap score surpassed in the league by only JJWatt.

The bears just ignored his need for a snap count and wore his knees down in short order.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
michael-jackson-converted-to-islam_thumb.jpg

r1terrell23

Liked Posts:
I don't think Falk has any chance before the 4th round personally.

Kelly is going to be red flagged, and won't go until 2-4.

There are many others though this year, we will have to wait and see who declares. Washington, Virginia, North Carolina and others have some prospects.

Trib is too system(y) for my taste. I never trust video game numbers from a college offense. Kelly and Falk will both be first rounders after the combine. Kelly has Swag but he is damn good. He's not a Manziel but will have some growing up to do. I trust him to lead this team to glory more than Kizer, Kaaya, and Watson. At this point to me Falk is a second rounder who has been undervalued and not scouted much. He has some good size although he could throw on a few pounds. He has a big time accurate arm too.

Monster

Liked Posts:
I think Falk is the real deal.
May be the diamond of the draft.
I should quantify that by stating I don't know shit.
It's an opinion.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Trib is too system(y) for my taste. I never trust video game numbers from a college offense. Kelly and Falk will both be first rounders after the combine. Kelly has Swag but he is damn good. He's not a Manziel but will have some growing up to do. I trust him to lead this team to glory more than Kizer, Kaaya, and Watson. At this point to me Falk is a second rounder who has been undervalued and not scouted much. He has some good size although he could throw on a few pounds. He has a big time accurate arm too.

He reminds me of Hoyer.

Burrberry

Liked Posts:
Kelly will be lucky to go on the 3rd day. Getting kicked out of school in PA, and having to go back home to New York. Getting kicked out of Clemson for "multiple team violations", refusing advice from his HOF uncle Jim Kelly, getting hammered his first year at Ole Miss and threatening a bouncer with an AK-47, and 2 weeks ago charging the field in a High School game because he thought his brother got cheap shotted(When it was just any run of the mill physical football play)... Dumb "swag" persona that he embraces. And they said Connor Cook had character issues last year. The worst that came out on Cook is that his father is a very right wing fellow lol, but as far as I know everything was okay with Cook besides never being voted Team Captain. . Lol teams do not want this hot mess on their team, especially playing QB.

[video=youtube;NZPX3OvXvAs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZPX3OvXvAs[/video]

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Well if he's ready to attack school children when his brother gets tackled he clearly has the toughness and cool-headedness for the NFL.

Burrberry

Liked Posts:
Kaaya isn't gonna come out. Have you seen him over the last 2 or 3 weeks? He's taken a step back and hasn't been able to close some of these tight games. He's looking like he'll stay. Teams are blitzing the hell out of him, and he's a statue in the pocket. To his defense his OL isn't really that special, but being so much of a standup pocket passer isn't to his advantage. He needs to move around more and compensate.

No Pressure: 67.5 comp%, 110.3 NFL passer rating

with Pressure: 32.4 comp%, 37.9 NFL passer rating

Lol

. Mitch Trubisky, Luke Falk, and possibly Mason Rudolph are moving up in the draft because of lukewarm performances by Watson and Kaaya recently. Kizer is a different story. He's been off his game, but that team is a mess and Brian Kelly is an absolute madman.

RisWell01

Liked Posts:
About to be 2017 the requirements to play QB on any level requires some mobility. The league is gonna be full of mobile QB and they all can throw we just gotta hope the Bears gets lucky and grabs the next superstar and then we can go on our dynasty run.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

WhatAMess

Liked Posts:
I would take either Kelly or Falk if there after 3 or in 4th. Especially in the 4th and not look back. Why use the spots to bring in another mediocre Corner or Safety?

That doesn't mean I wouldn't be looking early.

I am not 100 percent convinced Mahomes won't come out. He would have to sit a year(due to system)...but very good chance he ends up a very good qb. Also would not go too early if he did come out though.

I keep hearing people say Watson. Watson is dropping right now. If folks think I am wrong on this-I would challenge them to do a quick google search on the subject. Not saying he wouldn't be good-just saying the assumption he is a top 3 pick may not hold up. I have heard rumblings that he may have to stay in school another year.

Nobody is a sure thing in the draft-but whoever we pick with a top 5(likely top 3 or 4-and one is not out of the question at this point)better be as close to it as possible.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I would take either Kelly or Falk if there after 3 or in 4th. Especially in the 4th and not look back. Why use the spots to bring in another mediocre Corner or Safety?

That doesn't mean I wouldn't be looking early.

I am not 100 percent convinced Mahomes won't come out. He would have to sit a year(due to system)...but very good chance he ends up a very good qb. Also would not go too early if he did come out though.

I keep hearing people say Watson. Watson is dropping right now. If folks think I am wrong on this-I would challenge them to do a quick google search on the subject. Not saying he wouldn't be good-just saying the assumption he is a top 3 pick may not hold up. I have heard rumblings that he may have to stay in school another year.

Nobody is a sure thing in the draft-but whoever we pick with a top 5(likely top 3 or 4-and one is not out of the question at this point)better be as close to it as possible.

A. Rogers and Dan Marino "dropped" too

Escobar's Army

Liked Posts:
If we get a top 3 pick and blow it on a QB in this shit class I will give up. Also, if somehow we get a shot at Garrett and pass, we will regret that for a decade.