What is your 2017 QB depth chart?

Treehorn

Liked Posts:
If we get a top 3 pick and blow it on a QB in this shit class I will give up. Also, if somehow we get a shot at Garrett and pass, we will regret that for a decade.

So in a QB starved league, with a QB starved organization, you don't pull the trigger on a QB with a top 3 pick? The league has become simple, good teams have good QB's and bad teams don't.

Madden

Liked Posts:
Screw mentoring from a mediocre veteran. Unless we can get a veteran who was actually good at some point like Carson Palmer, no veteran quarterbacks.

I feel like we should sign Fales from the Ravens practice squad, cut Cutler and Hoyer, and then let Shaw and Fales duke it out with whoever we draft. Full rebuild mode.

I really think we should get Romo for a year and draft 2 QB's

Start the best rookie QB, Romo is backup/mentor and the other rookie is 3rd string and learns on the sidelines.

Butkus34

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Rask, punch yourself in the dick, Gabbert is sooooooooo horrible!!!!!

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Its really stupid to send rookies out there.
Start Hoyer or Gabbert no matter what. L

Wait, you're advocating Gabbert and I'm stupid? Why have two mediocre journeymen level QBs on your team and a high draft pick rookie. I also wrote that letting Hoyer start the season would be a fine idea. It depends on the individual QB and the status of the team. There are many examples of successful QBs who started their rookie year whether it was from the 1st game or midway through the season. Starting a rookie QB is a viable option, preferred or not, but it isn't necessarily "stupid".

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Rask, punch yourself in the dick, Gabbert is sooooooooo horrible!!!!!

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

He is on a horrible team, with a horrible coach, but he showed me some things in San Fran, made them competive. Kap has yet to be competitive with same squad.

He also is one of the fastest big guys I have seen play the position in the NFL. I think Gabbert is salvage material with a great OC.

Judge a man for stops with Jags and Kelly if you want, but I like what I see.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wait, you're advocating Gabbert and I'm stupid? Why have two mediocre journeymen level QBs on your team and a high draft pick rookie. I also wrote that letting Hoyer start the season would be a fine idea. It depends on the individual QB and the status of the team. There are many examples of successful QBs who started their rookie year whether it was from the 1st game or midway through the season. Starting a rookie QB is a viable option, preferred or not, but it isn't necessarily "stupid".

I wasn't calling you stupid. But yes...I would keep 2 veteran a rookie and Shaw if that was available. Not just any veteran, but ones who have shown me something.

Hoyer is a good competitor, so is Gabbert. I liked the way the played the games this year, but they did not have good teams around them. They couldn't be more different....

But I don't know if you noticed the Bears have a QB problem. I want to churn the shit out of finding one. 4 deep if we have to. The other positions and depth chart matters not until we find at least 2 capable QB's and a third for trade bait.

Escobar's Army

Liked Posts:
So in a QB starved league, with a QB starved organization, you don't pull the trigger on a QB with a top 3 pick? The league has become simple, good teams have good QB's and bad teams don't.

I want a franchise QB as much as anyone, but If there is not a QB that grades out in the top 10, then hell no I don't waste a pick on one, especially when there is generational talent available. If we have a shot at Garrett and pass to reach on QB, it will be something we regret for a decade. Unless one of the QBs in this year's class starts developing late, there won't be a QB with a top 10 pick. The draft is hard enough to "win", if you get a no brainer pick, you make it every time.

Escobar's Army

Liked Posts:
This team is a couple of drafts away from being a contender. We don't have to reach this year, as next year is stacked at QB. If we have the "luxury" of getting a top 3 pick, we HAVE to hit on it. Take a QB in the second if you feel like you have to draft one early, just don't reach on a top 5 pick.

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Bears will pick high enough to take a QB with an actual first round rating in the first round. Why they would take "an impact player" in the first and a "value QB" in the second is beyond my comprehension and hopefully Pace's as well.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
This team is a couple of drafts away from being a contender. We don't have to reach this year, as next year is stacked at QB. If we have the "luxury" of getting a top 3 pick, we HAVE to hit on it. Take a QB in the second if you feel like you have to draft one early, just don't reach on a top 5 pick.

Stacked with who?

Holes will ripped in all of them too by next year.

Treehorn

Liked Posts:
I want a franchise QB as much as anyone, but If there is not a QB that grades out in the top 10, then hell no I don't waste a pick on one, especially when there is generational talent available. If we have a shot at Garrett and pass to reach on QB, it will be something we regret for a decade. Unless one of the QBs in this year's class starts developing late, there won't be a QB with a top 10 pick. The draft is hard enough to "win", if you get a no brainer pick, you make it every time.

The QBs look better than this past years draft and QBs went 1 and 2. I guarantee a QB will be picked #1 and probably #2 overall. Kizer and Watson are better prospects than Goff was by all accounts.

And what if the Bears get better next year. This may be our chance to pick top 3 and get that franchise QB.

Parkway Drive

Liked Posts:
Mitch Trubisky
Who cares
Who cares

Sans the 'hurricane' game he has been the best QB in college ball that has the size, arm strength, and pocket savvy that translates to the pro level. I think if he falls out of the top-10 of the draft it would be a massive oversight due ONLY to name recognition or an obsession w QB mobility (which is highly overrated due to long term health concerns unless a dude is like 6'6, 255 like Cam).

WhatAMess

Liked Posts:
Again, not saying he is not good. Just saying whoever we pick better be as close to sure as you can get.

I find it comical-you want to now list all the quarterbacks taken in the last ten years who were selected and never amounted to anything?

With that kind of logic, you could say: "Well, Brady wasn't picked until the 6th round, so let's just wait." Using anomalies to make a point only makes you look silly.

WhatAMess

Liked Posts:
Other than Cam(possibly)who on the Oline would be a possibility in the first five picks? Can't think of anyone honestly.

WhatAMess

Liked Posts:
Good luck. Some people are still calling our wide receiver "Jeffries."

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I am pretty sure Shaw would have moved past Hoyer on the depth chart if he did not break his leg. Hoyer was a one year see if he is a good mentor to some young guy.

Is Barkley backing up Cutler this week or are the bears signing a backup for Barkley this week?

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Agreed. You don't need an elite QB to be competitive in the NFL. People tend to look at things the opposite of reality with the Bears, as if the Bears are 'proof' that you need an elite QB. I think the Bears are proof that you DON'T need an elite QB. They went to the Super Bowl with Grossman. They almost went to the Super Bowl with Cutler. They had the best offense in the NFL with McCown. Hoyer stepped in and proved to be efficient.

Think if the Bears had drafted Dak Prescott this year...even if the Bears coaching staff had "Jordan Howard-ed" him and stuck Prescott on the third team, he would have seen the field against the Packers. I would rather have Dak Prescott sight unseen than Matt Barkley right now.

Good QBs can be found outside the top 10 picks of the draft. This has been proven on an annual basis. The Bears don't need to take an 'elite' QB, they just need to take a QB.

Exactly, which is why I'm fine with taking another pass rusher or an elite secondary player in the top 5. With Houston getting cut and McPhee minimized to snap count, pass rusher will again be a need even if Floyd balls out the rest of the season. QB can be picked in the 2nd, or could trade up back into the 1st. I wouldn't mind seeing Pace double dip on the position