IGT: Cubs vs. Dodgers Game 6(NLCS)

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Win tonight

Schwarber added to roster
Heyward removed from roster

Sounds perfect.

Actually if he checks out; he'd be the perfect dh for possibly 4 games in clev and with their lack of lhp my guess is soler would be left off.

End of the day it's alot to ask a guy to miss 159 games + post season and jump right into the lineup in the world series....no mlb pitching for 6.5 months? I'd be a little surprised if he's really on the roster.

AFL pitching is not exactly Kluber and Andrew Miller quality. But who knows?

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I dont buy Schwarber sniffing the playoff roster. Theo and Joe were adamant that he wasnt going to play this year no matter how far they went.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I dont buy Schwarber sniffing the playoff roster. Theo and Joe were adamant that he wasnt going to play this year no matter how far they went.

I'm with you on that. But even pretending there might be a chance is part of the rehab and part of controlling a chomping at the bit horse like Schwarber. You give him hope as long as you can to speed his recovery. Lift his spirits, etc.

I think there is a spot available for him if they want to find it. Are they ever going to use Hammels? Is Montero healthy?

Even having him to pinch hit would be cool, and I think a huge emotional boost and levity for the team. He is the biggest strongest man in the club house....

If you have ever heard of Kirk Gibson than you want this rumor to be true.

greg23

Liked Posts:
Hamels isn't on the roster and I think maddon likes the flexibility of 3 catchers (with montero being the only lefty).

I think if we actually win and he actually is a possibility for the ws roster it's at the expense of soler or the 12th pitcher.....zastrynsky

DanTown

Liked Posts:
He's been running to some extent for over a month. It would be rather silly to think he hasn't taken BP during that. Granted BP isn't live in game action but i doubt he's that rusty given how hard of a worker he supposedly is. He's been saying for months now he planned to come back before seasons end.

Schwarber cleared to take BP Monday after exam in Dallas, flew to LA to take BP Monday and Tuesday, Wed. recovery day, Thursday BP in Mesa.

and

Hit off Cubs prospect James Farris on Friday, looked good.

https://twitter.com/MDGonzales?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

DanTown

Liked Posts:
Let's assume Schwarber is close to 80% of what he is, the Indians have so many switch hitters, you simply won't need rob zastryzny in the bullpen so you can add him and lose nothing to your offense or your defense capabilities nor is your bullpen going to be heavily impacted.

He's also a hugely valuable bat off the bench, late in the game, against a dynamic bullpen.

DanTown

Liked Posts:

So they sent him to Arizona instead of potentially celebrating with the team, went through the problem of taking Soto off the 40-man roster, and even said they were considering today but that's a lie?

They said it wasn't an option because to the media, you never give that type of hope. If the player surprises you and FORCES you to play him, that's one thing but you don't say "if he's there, we'll see" because then if Schwarber wasn't ready (and it would have been normal if he wasn't ready), people feel he's "off-schedule".

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
So they sent him to Arizona instead of potentially celebrating with the team, went through the problem of taking Soto off the 40-man roster, and even said they were considering today but that's a lie?

They said it wasn't an option because to the media, you never give that type of hope. If the player surprises you and FORCES you to play him, that's one thing but you don't say "if he's there, we'll see" because then if Schwarber wasn't ready (and it would have been normal if he wasn't ready), people feel he's "off-schedule".

No, Theo didnt push for him to go to the AFL. Schwarber called him and asked if he could do this because he was cleared on Monday without the Cubs doing it. Schwarber is pushing to get on the roster. Theo and them are still being stand offish until they see how he is in the league. Also, if we do make the World Series, I want Szczur on the roster considering Andrew Miller is killing everyone. I highly doubt the Cubs start Schwarber as a DH and you are sticking him in a PH role with 6 months of rust to knock off in what? A week? So, yes, I think this is a long shot and I think this is Schwarber trying to force a hand.

oober

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Let Schwarber rest for his own good. As much as I want to see him come in, just better to let him sit till next yr.

DanTown

Liked Posts:
No, Theo didnt push for him to go to the AFL. Schwarber called him and asked if he could do this because he was cleared on Monday without the Cubs doing it. Schwarber is pushing to get on the roster. Theo and them are still being stand offish until they see how he is in the league. Also, if we do make the World Series, I want Szczur on the roster considering Andrew Miller is killing everyone. I highly doubt the Cubs start Schwarber as a DH and you are sticking him in a PH role with 6 months of rust to knock off in what? A week? So, yes, I think this is a long shot and I think this is Schwarber trying to force a hand.

So Szczur is going to get a hit off Miller even though

- He hasn't faced live pitching since 10/02
- He went 4-28 for September
- He hit .204./.295/.370 against power pitchers this year

Miller is their only dynamic lefty; the rest of their bullpen (Otero, Shaw, Allen, Clevinger, McCallister) are all right handed.

If Schwarber is healthy and can see the ball well (which they will see after a few games in the AFL), I can see the idea that he's a potential bat off the bench/DH.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
So Szczur is going to get a hit off Miller even though

- He hasn't faced live pitching since 10/02
- He went 4-28 for September
- He hit .204./.295/.370 against power pitchers this year

Miller is their only dynamic lefty; the rest of their bullpen (Otero, Shaw, Allen, Clevinger, McCallister) are all right handed.

If Schwarber is healthy and can see the ball well (which they will see after a few games in the AFL), I can see the idea that he's a potential bat off the bench/DH.

Yes, because Schwarber being terrible against lefties and being out 6 months with a major injury is going to be live pitching ready.

The Cubs make the World Series. They are going through Andrew Miller for multiple innings. But, I get it. Adding another lefty helps the situation.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Schwarbie's head is making promises his body can't keep yet

Monk

I hate acronyms
Donator
Liked Posts:
Is the feed screwed up for everyone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CSF77

Liked Posts:
If they weren't thinking about it, he likely would not be in Mesa playing baseball.

And of course the organization (i.e Theo) should be concerning themselves with potential World Series roster decisions.

More to do with us.

Joe and the players are more day to day. Upper management deals with the future. I would expect it came down as he was coming along ahead. They are now testing him to see where he is at. If he passes the test and the Cubs advance then they will decide then.

But the main point is. This team got where they are by being in the moment. They can't be concerned with who is on the next roster before winning today.

That thought process is distracting to the task at hand

Monk

I hate acronyms
Donator
Liked Posts:
I never realized how feminine A-Rod sounds

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
Incredible national anthem, fucking held free for like 30 seconds.

Monk

I hate acronyms
Donator
Liked Posts:
Jesus they really love some Kershaw