CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Absolutely not but Cleveland's starters are righty heavy with only Merrit being a LH possibility to start. I think it's low risk enough to try it as he would be likely taking a roster spot that has had a total of 1 appearance through 2 series and that being one AB by La Stella.

Agreed. I think there are any number of players on the roster who could be removed. I'd personally like to see Szczur over Almora this series.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Coghlan has been below replacement all year. Just brutal year.

Depends on where Schwarber is at. I think they should bring him as a pinch hitter for sure, even if you have to immobilize the leg and let him just swing, get a runner on third with one out and its Kyles bat you want lingering in the zone.

Since they haven't used the 40th spot to this point, and he is way more part of their future than La Stella or dkajelk, yeah...you bring Schwarbaby

You can start him against righties and pinch hit with Coghlin if they bring in Miller and then put Soler in the spot once they blow there lefty load.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I get what you're saying but really...how much worse could he be than Heyward, Coghlan, LaStella, Almora, Soler or Montero? None of them have shown much so far. The only exception might be Contreras when Ross is catching Lester.
My qualifier was the LHP and as TC pointed out, the SP for Cleveland is right hand dominant. He wouldn't replace Soler, because there's the other DH. Heyward is needed as a late inning defensive replacement. I'd guess either Coghlan or Montero.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
And of course, this forum's most irredeemably stupid poster retorts by hypothetically putting Schwarber in a position that he will not be in as a DH or PH. They are not going to tell him to do something that he is not medically cleared to do.

"Cubs have morphed into one of the worst teams in baseball. Not a chance in hell they would win a single playoff game."

Delete your account.
Hey Fuckhead, the Cubs were so concerned about Schwarber's leg that they wouldnt let him run in the Arizona League game he played in Saturday. He was only allowed to hit, but not even run the bases. Does that sound like medically cleared or that he is ready? Idiot

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
With the way baseball is, and how the improbable seems to always happen -- I just get that feeling Shwarber will hit a blast at some point in the WS. I mean, it's a lot to ask a guy who hasn't play in 6 months with a tore ACL to come in during the WS and hit. In fact, it's almost crazy. But yes, the unthinkable always seems to occur.

Kirk Gibson hurt both legs in the 1988 NCLS and could hardly walk. He was literally doing physical therapy as Game 1 of the World Series played on. Yet the dude crushed a 2-run homer in the 9th against one of baseball's more accomplished closers in Eckersley. Supposedly he hit the ball with absolutely no leg strength -- all upper body. He didn't even play the rest of the series. I still don't know how that was humanly possible.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Coghlan is hitting .252/.391/.388 for .779 OPS since returning to the Cubs.

ok...and if you remove his first 4-6 weeks back its probably even better.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Schwarber flying to Cleveland, just reported

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
...to start at first base in place of Anthony Rizzo, who was traded earlier today for not being "clutch."

Fatbeard's attempt at humor. Cute. Maybe you'll figure out what choking is.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Schwarber to DH in AFL game today then he will fly to Cleveland. No guarantee he is on the roster.

MLB Verified account ‏@MLB 3h3 hours ago

.@KSchwarb12 to DH in AFL today; will fly to Cleveland after game in hopes of being on #WorldSeries roster: http://atmlb.com/2exUBQ8

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
My qualifier was the LHP and as TC pointed out, the SP for Cleveland is right hand dominant. He wouldn't replace Soler, because there's the other DH. Heyward is needed as a late inning defensive replacement. I'd guess either Coghlan or Montero.

With the DH you don't need as many bats on the bench but Maddon hasn't been using a lot of his pen either....do you swap out a hitter or pitcher for Babe?

I'm guessing a pitcher will lose his spot because I doubt Schwarber will play defense...but on the other hand, there's no DH used in Chicago. Tough call.

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
With the DH you don't need as many bats on the bench but Maddon hasn't been using a lot of his pen either....do you swap out a hitter or pitcher for Babe?

I'm guessing a pitcher will lose his spot because I doubt Schwarber will play defense...but on the other hand, there's no DH used in Chicago. Tough call.

I think it's Zastryzny's spot which was La Stella's in the series prior. Zastryzny didn't see a single batter an TLS had 1 AB.

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
A lot of our pen isn't seeing much usage. Isn't Grimm on the roster? Haven't really seen much if any of him.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Is Edwards good or is his hammy an issue still?

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Schwarber not going to be added to roster..

Cogs and Soler will DH

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using Tapatalk