Schwarbie back for World Series?

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Speaking of cherry picking

10 game sample size and your ready to hit baez 4th vs a team with 10 rhp and zobrist 9th which he's never hit all year.....and debunking your own argument with your own stats....hes stunk this postseason and not the great guy you want as the 2nd leadoff Hitter......whatever that fking means

Players go through trends. What have you done for me lately.

What I take out of it is he had Hill, Kershaw 2x Madbum 2x and Moore. So he did face plenty of lefties. Add to it Zobrist looks more natural hitting from the left.

We saw both get hits game 1. Having Zobrist Schwarber and Baez is not a bad middle of the line up at all.

What killed them was not being able to string hits together. Add to it 1 BB and 11 SO's. Kluber was attacking the plate. When a guy throws strikes you have to attack also vs wait for a pitch. Waiting puts you on the defensive as a hitter vs a guy who attacks the plate.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
Dude is about the best pure hitter I've seen for a while.

It's been rumored since he was drafted that the front office thinks he'll be a better hitter than Bryant. And Kris Bryant is going to be the MVP.

Think about that for a second.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
If thats his new approach to left handers, then I will take it. He was awful against them in his first year.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
After watching Babe miss about 95% of the season, then step up in the WS and tear it it up.......a scary thought for the rest of the National League.

The Cubs won 103 games.....without Schwarber.

greg23

Liked Posts:
Players go through trends. What have you done for me lately.

What I take out of it is he had Hill, Kershaw 2x Madbum 2x and Moore. So he did face plenty of lefties. Add to it Zobrist looks more natural hitting from the left.

We saw both get hits game 1. Having Zobrist Schwarber and Baez is not a bad middle of the line up at all.

What killed them was not being able to string hits together. Add to it 1 BB and 11 SO's. Kluber was attacking the plate. When a guy throws strikes you have to attack also vs wait for a pitch. Waiting puts you on the defensive as a hitter vs a guy who attacks the plate.

Whatever

In no universe should baez hit cleanup vs rhp.

He's a 6th or 7th place hitter

Vs lhp....yes move him up.

In that same universe, no way shape or form is zobrist hitting 9th on this team.

Shawon0Meter

PLAYOFFS?!?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Soooo what happens with Schwarber these next 3 games?

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

^ This... I mean... where would you feel comfortable playing him in the field? I doubt we want him catching and I definitely don't want to see him in the outfield.

He was worth 1 win... and honestly I'll take it and then relegate him to pinch hitter duty for the next 3 games. As much as I love his bat, his defense could be a liability.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Schwarber Steps Up In October
Kyle Schwarber has the highest postseason OPS ever among players with at least 40 postseason plate appearances, ahead of Willie Aikens, Lou Gehrig and Babe Ruth. He also has the best slugging percentage (.824) and at-bat per home run rate (6.8) in postseason history (minimum 40 plate appearances).
Highest OPS In Postseason History
PLAYER POSTSEASON OPS
Kyle Schwarber 1.274
Willie Aikens 1.215
Lou Gehrig 1.214
Babe Ruth 1.214
-- ESPN Stats & Infor

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

As much as I want to see him out there I don't want him doing something that will jeopardize his career. Gotta go with whatever the doctors say here.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
As much as I want to see him out there I don't want him doing something that will jeopardize his career. Gotta go with whatever the doctors say here.

I'm sure they will. He wouldn't be doing what he's done with out the approval of the Cub's doctors. But even if he doesn't start, given the flexibility of this team....I think Joe will use his one pinch hit at an appropriate time. That just might come early if the situation is right.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
With the predicted winds for tomorrow nights game fielding fly balls will be tricky, not the best scenario for BamBam.

Ej63090

Anti-Exultant Cruise Dire
Liked Posts:
Figuring the weather and Hendricks pitching style I would prefer him to hit. He will have a busy night and rather roll with the defensive outfield.

Contreras will be catching and his bat should warm up.

Pinch him in the game if you need the juice.

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
Even if Babe isn't in the lineup, he's a heck of a weapon to use in a pinch-hit situation. He's going to impact the game, regardless.