Schwarbie back for World Series?

Mr. Cub

2016 World Series Champs!
Liked Posts:
Could be a little added motivation. If you want Schwarb to come back and play, just win baby!!

85Bears

Formerly known as 85Bears
Donator
Liked Posts:
Would love to have him back, but only if he will be able to make a positive contribution. Too much is at stake to do this for story line alone. If this were next year and they had already won one WS, then I'd be fine with doing it for the story.

Like Mr. Cub said, this move almost felt like a boost for the guys about to face Kershaw and (possibly) Hill who had just blanked them last week. Something for them to possibly look forward to if they managed to win Saturday or Sunday. Whether Schwarbs is on the WS roster or not, the timing of sending him to AZ to give it a shot could have only helped clubhouse morale.

Last edited:

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I called this from the beginning. There is no fucking way Theo would have had Kyle Schwarber miss last nights celebration if he did not plan on putting him in play for the world series roster. We need left handed hitters against the Indiana in a series we need a DH. I am so glad they are considering it.

Positive contribution is being there, hard work all season without the fear of him needing to play the field. Now if he homers 4 times in the first two games, then fans will want him in the lineup, but Theo wont put him in that position. Running the bases is it.

Doubledown

Liked Posts:
Kyle Schwarbers batting stance is unique , he just stands in the box and says "throw the fucking ball" wish he was back a few weeks ago, he is needed with the Tribe having home field and Solar sucking in the cold weather.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Kyle Schwarbers batting stance is unique , he just stands in the box and says "throw the fucking ball" wish he was back a few weeks ago, he is needed with the Tribe having home field and Solar sucking in the cold weather.

Soler has that too, either one will just wait for the pitcher to play his games. I just cannot pick a better 25th guy on the roster right now. Considering some guys are being used for one or two games like Montero, players are planned to be announced as a pinch hitter just to sit back down, get Schwarber to Cleveland tomorrow and have Lester, Hendricks, Hammel and Lackey try to get him out. Forget about the Arizona fall league, real pitches.

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
He doesn't just have to make contact, he actually also has to run the bases. To be 1) both medically cleared for all of that and 2) less rusty than a barn-find 1974 Buick LeSabre, would be pretty miraculous.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
He doesn't just have to make contact, he actually also has to run the bases. To be 1) both medically cleared for all of that and 2) less rusty than a barn-find 1974 Buick LeSabre, would be pretty miraculous.

I mean he played in a game. So he's medically cleared already. As for being rusty, reports were his timing was a bit off but supposedly scouts said it wouldn't surprise them if he was ready by next week. Ultimately comes down to an opportunity cost. If you take on Schwarber you're probably dropping a pitcher I'd imagine. Zastryzny would make sense given he was on the roster mostly cuz the dodger couldn't hit lefties. Do the cubs really need to go that deep of a bullpen? Doubtful in my eyes.

Now whether you want Schwarber or another bat is up for debate but even if he's 80% of what he can be as a hitter he's probably a better option. He's a career .272/.392/.544 hitter vs RHP. Kluber, Bauer, Tomlin and Salazar if they add him are all RHP. Merritt would be their only lefty starter option. For reference on what that slash line means, Kris Bryant hit .292/.385/.554 on the season. So, if Scwharber is back you're basically adding Kris Bryant as your DH. If he hits but is off timing wise some you're maybe adding something less but obviously the peak there is huge.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Soler has that too, either one will just wait for the pitcher to play his games. I just cannot pick a better 25th guy on the roster right now. Considering some guys are being used for one or two games like Montero, players are planned to be announced as a pinch hitter just to sit back down, get Schwarber to Cleveland tomorrow and have Lester, Hendricks, Hammel and Lackey try to get him out. Forget about the Arizona fall league, real pitches.

Hammel WTF? :turrible:

TL1961

Liked Posts:

That's a terriifc idea. Have all our pitchers throw on the day before the WS. Brilliant. :)

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I mean he played in a game. So he's medically cleared already. As for being rusty, reports were his timing was a bit off but supposedly scouts said it wouldn't surprise them if he was ready by next week. Ultimately comes down to an opportunity cost. If you take on Schwarber you're probably dropping a pitcher I'd imagine. Zastryzny would make sense given he was on the roster mostly cuz the dodger couldn't hit lefties. Do the cubs really need to go that deep of a bullpen? Doubtful in my eyes.

Now whether you want Schwarber or another bat is up for debate but even if he's 80% of what he can be as a hitter he's probably a better option. He's a career .272/.392/.544 hitter vs RHP. Kluber, Bauer, Tomlin and Salazar if they add him are all RHP. Merritt would be their only lefty starter option. For reference on what that slash line means, Kris Bryant hit .292/.385/.554 on the season. So, if Scwharber is back you're basically adding Kris Bryant as your DH. If he hits but is off timing wise some you're maybe adding something less but obviously the peak there is huge.

Hell, Joe has decided, for some reason, to use only Chapman. We can add 5 bats.

TL1961

Liked Posts:

Well, he HAS been medically cleared. And he wouldn't be medically cleared if he couldn't run.

Just the idea he can DH or PH against all their righties may force some decisions by Francona.

Rise

Liked Posts:
Please let this happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ari Bear

Hall of Famer
Liked Posts:
090215-mlb-Kyle-Schwarber-pi-mp.vadapt.664.high.96.jpg

:pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray:

KingDarude7

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Game 7 2 out's full count. Down 3 Schwarber Grand slam. GG. CUBS WORLD SERIES CHAMPS.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
It has a Kirk Gibson feel to it