WS rotation

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Arrieta is due for a dominating start right?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If you beat Kluber they are finished.

Top end depth is in Cubs favor. 3 Cy Young level guys, plus the cagiest of experienced champion vets. Its a nightmare for opposition.

Salazar and Bauer offer them some hope if they can pitch. Don't get into a bullpen duel. They got the good Yankee. Chapman's era is nothing impressive, but the aura is solid as hell. 15 K's in 19 batters? Yeah. They got the good Yankee. Other shaky bullpen members. Remember this team can beat you all the ways, or they couldn't have won 20 games in a row.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
If you beat Kluber they are finished.

Top end depth is in Cubs favor. 3 Cy Young level guys, plus the cagiest of experienced champion vets. Its a nightmare for opposition.

Salazar and Bauer offer them some hope if they can pitch. Don't get into a bullpen duel. They got the good Yankee. Chapman's era is nothing impressive, but the aura is solid as hell. 15 K's in 19 batters? Yeah. They got the good Yankee. Other shaky bullpen members. Remember this team can beat you all the ways, or they couldn't have won 20 games in a row.

I think they won 14 in a row, not 20

Shawon0Meter

PLAYOFFS?!?
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm hoping for 5 inning Jake over 4 inning John for the #2

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Indians are going
Kluber
Bayer
Tomlin

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I would go Arrieta and Lester away. Hendricks, Lackey, Arrieta at home. Lester and Hendricks final 2. You want your best 2 to close out.

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
Jake needs one of his top shelf performances. We can't be down 0-5 when he leaves. He's my biggest concern of any of our SP's.

Lackey is unlikely to go 8 shut out innings, but he's also unlikely to turn the ball over with us down 0-5. He'll probably give up 2 runs in 5 innings.

If Maddon rolls the dice on Jake, let's hope he has one of his 8 innings/0 runs performances.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Jake needs one of his top shelf performances. We can't be down 0-5 when he leaves. He's my biggest concern of any of our SP's.

Lackey is unlikely to go 8 shut out innings, but he's also unlikely to turn the ball over with us down 0-5. He'll probably give up 2 runs in 5 innings.

If Maddon rolls the dice on Jake, let's hope he has one of his 8 innings/0 runs performances.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He would only pitch 2 games in the series. I'm not too concerned if both are losses with both Kyle and Jon to counter it with 2 games each.

I don't think they can match Kyle and Jon. Jake and John are at a disadvantage. So just looking at it on paper Cubs still have a 4-3 advantage.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
He would only pitch 2 games in the series. I'm not too concerned if both are losses with both Kyle and Jon to counter it with 2 games each.

I don't think they can match Kyle and Jon. Jake and John are at a disadvantage. So just looking at it on paper Cubs still have a 4-3 advantage.

You don't think Kluber can match Lester? Have you seen his numbers this postseason?

CSF77

Liked Posts:
The key to winning is getting runs up early off the starter. Their pen is pretty lock down. So any low O output game favors them.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
Kluber is awfully tough. Lester is awfully tough. Both Andrew Miller and Aroldis Chapman on deck. Game 1 should be a classic. My question is how many times can Andrew Miller pitch? In games he does play, it sounds like he can up to 3 innings. That is f'ing nuts. In a seven game series, can he really pitch in 6 games?

Game 1: Two innings.
Game 2: Two innings.
Game 3: Two innings.
Game 4: Two innings.
Game 5: Off
Game 6: Two innings.
Game 7: Two innings.

If he can pitch 12 dominant relief innings in a seven game series, then it'll be the single greatest post season effort from a reliever ever.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I doubt Maddon starts anyone but Lester in Game 1.

Maybe but 2 reasons why they should:

1. Jake was next up. It would be his turn.
2. You need to win 4. You have 3 guys pitching 2 games. Of those 6 games 4 of them you need to win. Of your 3 guys 2 are dependable. So it makes more sense to match up your worst to their best and hope for a win and line up your best 2 to their 2-3.

That is the way I would do it. Jake could just toss a no hitter and it becomes justified.