Civilization Vi

Schmidtaki

Just your everyday fail.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Brazil is my jam!

That 20% of total great person cost, back into the pool for the next great person makes getting great people easy.

Not to mention the cool battleship.

AussieBear

Brazil is my jam!

That 20% of total great person cost, back into the pool for the next great person makes getting great people easy.

Not to mention the cool battleship.

better than 5? same game with some tweaks?

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I can't stand how long it takes to play this game

Schmidtaki

Just your everyday fail.
Donator
Liked Posts:
better than 5? same game with some tweaks?

Same game as in its a Civilization game, completely re-worked though from previous Civs

City Tiles are just the core of your city, you no longer build building besides the monument, granary, walls, and sewer inside your city, all other buildings that were normally relegated to the city tile are now built in districts.

Districts have adjacency bonuses depending on your civilization for instance, as Brazil I get adjacency bonuses around rain forests, so if I build a campus district surround by rain forests or mountains I get a +1 bonus for each tile surrounding it that is of this type, so I would get +6 science to that city for building a campus district in that location, then you build your science buildings in that districts tile, so the library, university, research lab.

There are many districts, Commerical (Gold + Increases trade routes for each city that has one), Industrial (Production), Campus (Science), Entertainment Complex(Generates Amenities for the city), Holy Site, Harbor (Yes this means if an ocean or lake tile is up to 3 tiles away from your city, your city can build boats and trade using boats) , Encampment(Military), Theater Square, Aqueduct (has to be built next to your city with a mountain/river nearby and I believe on a hill if it is a river), Neighborhood, Aerodrome (Airport), Spaceport.

You really have to plan out your cities ahead of time, there is a wonder for instance that allows you to make a copy of whatever naval unit you've built in your harbor, however this wonder has to be built next to an industrial site on the coast.

Great People are now a global generation instead of a per city generation, therefore each district usually gives you a point towards a great person, and each building in a district usually gives you an additional point towards a great person of that type. I like Brazil because 20% of the cost of the great person I just got goes back into the pool for the next one. Also the great person pool is global so you are racing everyone else for the great people pie.

Global Happiness is gone, replaced by Happiness per city, as your cities expand the individual cities require so many amenities to keep the city happy, you can lose cities by leaving them unhappy but having a vast empire sprawling the whole map will not hurt you as happiness is no longer a global number.

Troops now have options to be corps, armies, fleets, or armada's. You can combine like troops if you have the encampment or harbor district buildings maxed, so you can combine two infantry troops to make a more powerful infantry corp, or combine three and make them an infantry army. Same with Naval units, you can combine 2 for a fleet or three for an armada, for instance my battleship is 80 strength normally, in an armada they are 97. It doesn't look like much, but 80 - 97 is a huge power increase.

There is much more, I need to get back to work. But Yeah. That's just the tip of the spear.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
This is the first civ game I didn't own on release day since civ 1. I will eventually own this game, probably after the holidays. I have watched some game play videos and this looks drastically different than previous versions. The districts alone are a major departure from farms and mines.

Every civ release (IMO more than most games) has had balancing issues that get corrected with patches. In the past the final product takes about a year. Then you get the expansion packs, minimum of two. I wound up spending over $100 on civ 5 with both expansions. The longer I can wait to buy, the cheaper and more ready to play the game will be.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I can't stand how long it takes to play this game

You can adjust game speed and world size and get game time way down. I don't use mess with game speed or world size because I enjoy the standard settings, and have no problem playing couple nights a week for a few weeks to finish a game. If I haven't played in a week it takes a while to remember what I was trying to do, I actually started leaving notes for myself.

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
You can adjust game speed and world size and get game time way down. I don't use mess with game speed or world size because I enjoy the standard settings, and have no problem playing couple nights a week for a few weeks to finish a game. If I haven't played in a week it takes a while to remember what I was trying to do, I actually started leaving notes for myself.

always been a fan of the civilization series...trying to decide if I want to get this one. I rarely have time to play games anymore so would hate to buy it and barely play. I did download the tablet civilization game. it's alright and gets my fix in but nothing like the actual game

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This version sounds cool to me. Global happiness used to piss me off so much. And the 1 tile city thing was always so fuckin weird to me.