Why does the Hawks' PK Suck?

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Clone and I were discussing the horrid Hawks PK and I wanna know what everyone thinks.

IMO our lack of PK FWD shot blocks is killing us and the fact that they are not disrupting passing/shooting from the point at all.

Most PK goals we give up seem to be shots from the point where Crow is double or triple screened, usually by our guys, and they don't block or deflect the shot.

Also need to get better about clearing bodies and pucks from the front of the net, but I think that is less of a problem.

Blocked Shots this year:

Toews - 1
Kruger - 2
Hossa - 3
Motte - 6

Need more blocks and more disruption of passing and shooting from the point IMO.... that will require those guys showing more energy.... maybe Hossa and Toews don't belong on the PK anymore?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Is Toews getting fat or something?

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Too many passes through the center of the ice being completed.

Also seems like the D have been slow to pick up the trash in front of Crawford.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Too many passes through the center of the ice being completed.

Also seems like the D have been slow to pick up the trash in front of Crawford.

The D has been kinda meh all year.... Forsling is a glimmer of hope at times.... wondering if Pokka gets a look

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
The D has been kinda meh all year.... Forsling is a glimmer of hope at times.... wondering if Pokka gets a look

I think they've been very good at 5-on-5 and especially in the offensive zone. But, yeah, if your PK has been as bad as the Hawks the D is going to shoulder a lot of that blame.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I think they've been very good at 5-on-5 and especially in the offensive zone. But, yeah, if your PK has been as bad as the Hawks the D is going to shoulder a lot of that blame.

I was speaking in regards to the PK....

My gripe with the D in the offensive zone is I feel like often times when they get involved and take shots, they miss the net and the opposing team clears it.

Idk if Keith and Seabs are just trying for the bounce to the front of the net alot or if they are just missing the net, but it has gotten on my nerves... you will get us running circles around them with Kane and Panarin and then Keith slapshots it off the end boards and we go back the other way.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Here's what I see:

1) FWDS collapsing too low allowing high screens and the point players a lot of time to tee up shots.
2) The defense failing to clear rebounds or clear the crease.
3) Screens from everyone including our own players
4) Our top end players being completely out of position
5) Up until the last 6mins of PK time, the system was an exercise in futility not unlike the efforts of Wile E. Coyote (which I place at the coaching staff's feet).
6) No one blocking shots
7) As abysmal as Crawford and Darling's PK SV% is....they are still our best 2 PK'ers. That's 6.5M expected to bail out a 42M Mongolian Cluster Fuck.
8) Lack of an effective deterrent to lackluster play--no embarrassment, bag skate, or ECT.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Here's what I see:

1) FWDS collapsing too low allowing high screens and the point players a lot of time to tee up shots.
2) The defense failing to clear rebounds or clear the crease.
3) Screens from everyone including our own players
4) Our top end players being completely out of position
5) Up until the last 6mins of PK time, the system was an exercise in futility not unlike the efforts of Wile E. Coyote (which I place at the coaching staff's feet).
6) No one blocking shots
7) As abysmal as Crawford and Darling's PK SV% is....they are still our best 2 PK'ers. That's 6.5M expected to bail out a 42M Mongolian Cluster Fuck.
8) Lack of an effective deterrent to lackluster play--no embarrassment, bag skate, or ECT.

At what point do we throw in the towel and call up Svedstein to block out the sun?

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
At what point do we throw in the towel and call up Svedstein to block out the sun?

That would make it worse.... Svedberg was managing to screen Crow and cause him to give up goals while failing to block shots in 5 on 5 last year, much less on the PK where it would be 10x worse.

The entire team needs to work on shot blocking.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
I think mainly for their system. The rotation has been too slow and part of it is guys new and pk mainstays

Why panic when you can panik? via da Tapatalk