Post Your Cooking/Food Tips Here

ShiftyDevil

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Washington Huskies
Oooo, I need a new way to make broccoli!
For the red pepper, you mean like cayenne? And do you think garlic powder would work instead of granulated? I ask because I have both.

I use flakes, but cayenne would probably good too. And I don't see why garlic powder wouldn't work, I just use granulated because that's whats always in my spice drawer.

You can do the same thing with Cauliflower and it comes out amazing as well.

I'll have to do that, I like cauliflower but for whatever reason just never use it that much. Probably time to change that.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I use flakes, but cayenne would probably good too. And I don't see why garlic powder wouldn't work, I just use granulated because that's whats always in my spice drawer.

The flakes like the ones from a shaker at an Italian restaurant? I love hot spice but my wife hates it, does it make the broccoli overly hot?

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
16602607_1905707659711669_4194258016096793287_n.jpg

ShiftyDevil

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Washington Huskies
The flakes like the ones from a shaker at an Italian restaurant? I love hot spice but my wife hates it, does it make the broccoli overly hot?

Yep, those are the ones. You could always leave them out, I like them because it adds a nice level of spice without being nuts.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yep, those are the ones. You could always leave them out, I like them because it adds a nice level of spice without being nuts.

Very cool, thanks again. I'll definitely be making this.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
When you cook your Taters make sure they are 100% dead

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I've been working on getting back into decent shape and am trying to increase my veg intake. Broccoli has always been my favorite and I've always just eaten it raw or steamed but someone recommended roasting it and holy shit, I'll never eat that shit steam again. It's dead simple too, I eyeball the seasonings (roughly teaspoon of salt and tablespoon of each of the rest) so go with whatever measurements you like.

1 Head Broccoli chopped
1/4 cup olive oil
Salt
Pepper
Red Pepper
Granulated garlic

Mix seasonings into the oil, then dump it all into a zip lock and shake the ever loving shit of it. Throw it on a baking sheet and shove it in the oven at 400 degrees for 10 to 15 minutes and boom. Most delicious god damn thing ever.

Well, I gave this a shot tonight. Had the broccoli cut up in the bag, but the olive oil was expired. :mad: Got pissed, and decided to try it with corn oil instead. It was just "OK" but I'm sure it was because of the oil. I'll try it again next time there's olive oil in the house.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well, I gave this a shot tonight. Had the broccoli cut up in the bag, but the olive oil was expired. :mad: Got pissed, and decided to try it with corn oil instead. It was just "OK" but I'm sure it was because of the oil. I'll try it again next time there's olive oil in the house.

2ibjkfq.gif

disliked for not using olive oil and not following recipe.

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Olive oil expires?

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
17499127_10155309869278258_3325202133303464790_n.jpg

Went to the Wurst Kitchen in Aurora and bought an array of sausages to prepare. Onions in a cast iron skillet and I also prepared cubed red potatoes with steak seasoning, pepper and a touch of Lawry's seasoning salt.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Olive oil expires?

It (the olive oil, not Ares) doesn't turn to poison, it (the olive oil, not Ares) gradually starts tasting funky (I have no information on Ares funkiness). The giant Costco 2L Kirkland bottle will turn before the average home cook can go through it. Try it, taste the oil the day you buy it and then taste the last drop, you will notice the difference.

Tater is right, a dry cool place will extend the life span. My sis always bought the giant bottle and would keep 8 ounces in a small decorative bottle on the counter next to the stove for easy access. I asked her to taste the stuff in the clear glass next to the stove and the big bottle in her pantry. Night and day.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
It (the olive oil, not Ares) doesn't turn to poison, it (the olive oil, not Ares) gradually starts tasting funky (I have no information on Ares funkiness). The giant Costco 2L Kirkland bottle will turn before the average home cook can go through it. Try it, taste the oil the day you buy it and then taste the last drop, you will notice the difference.

Tater is right, a dry cool place will extend the life span. My sis always bought the giant bottle and would keep 8 ounces in a small decorative bottle on the counter next to the stove for easy access. I asked her to taste the stuff in the clear glass next to the stove and the big bottle in her pantry. Night and day.

What about Avocado and Coconut Oil?? Same problem?? We burn through a lot of oil because we eat Low Carb