Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
A flaming marshmallow on the end of a stick is an effective ranged weapon, it's like napalm.

theOHIOSTATE!

Liked Posts:
Marshmallows do in fact suck if not melted up against a HERSHEY's bar and some graham crackers when you're 12.

Also, cumin, people seem to be sleeping on this bad ass herb. I put it on most everything and it's a staple on chicken and ground beef.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Marshmallows do in fact suck if not melted up against a HERSHEY's bar and some graham crackers when you're 12.

Also, cumin, people seem to be sleeping on this bad ass herb. I put it on most everything and it's a staple on chicken and ground beef.

I'm more of a "paprika guy".

AussieBear

Cheezy tip, but since we don't have kids I'm usually just cooking for me and my wife.
When making "Cream of" soups, instead of going through the whole flour, butter, saute' routine, I've been using a couple cans of Cream of (Celery, Onion, Mushroom..) soup to make a smaller amounts. I add milk, nutmeg, onion and garlic powder, cheese and whatever veggie (Broccoli, Spinach...).

i use this technique when i want to make a quick chicken and dumpling...

2 cans each of cream of chicken and cream of celery...

the rest of the laziness...

some sliver of onions, diced or sliced carrots and celery to a cetain thickness.. thicker equals longer cook time which may burn shit this way... so figure it out yourself

a lil chicken stock used to correct thickness..
a premade rotisserie chicken pulled apart
then either some bisquick or a can of premade biscuit cut up into pieces..

simmer til veg are getting near soft to taste then add dumplings... 5-10 minutes later.. yummy goodness

AussieBear

Are we still talking about poached eggs?

what else would we be talking about?

i dont remember the science behind the technique... but thats how i was taught and its how i continue to cook them. and the swirl is for single serve.. if cooking more then an egg at a time i dont swirl... plus i use a low heat, near simmer.. i didnt add that..

Guess Who

Liked Posts:
what else would we be talking about?

i dont remember the science behind the technique... but thats how i was taught and its how i continue to cook them. and the swirl is for single serve.. if cooking more then an egg at a time i dont swirl... plus i use a low heat, near simmer.. i didnt add that..

That's the proper way.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ok, when you make rice...use chicken broth and diced onions instead of plain water. So good and easy! Probably a "Duh" tip for most of you, but I totally kicked it up a notch tonight!

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ok, when you make rice...use chicken broth and diced onions instead of plain water. So good and easy! Probably a "Duh" tip for most of you, but I totally kicked it up a notch tonight!

Straight chicken broth, or 1/2 water with it?

DC

Donator
Liked Posts:
The whole thing.

DC

Donator
Liked Posts:
I put them in raw and they were perfectly soft by the time the rice was ready. Roughly 30 minutes. It was soooo good.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I put them in raw and they were perfectly soft by the time the rice was ready. Roughly 30 minutes. It was soooo good.

Put some oil in your pot and saute the rice and onions for a couples of minutes. Then, add your stock and cook like the other rice. You have yourself a pilaf. You can add any type of vegetable. Peas, carrots, etc. You can do many varieties like adding fresh cilantro and lime juice for a Mexican feel. Peas, onions, and carrots for a home type feel with with baked chicken. Pilafs are very simple and open up the rice more to flavor and texture to give a twist on some plan steamed rice.

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Don't toss the rice stuck on the bottom of the pan after you sauté/cook it. Scrape that stuff out and warm it up. Crunchy rice is the bomb. Many a breakfast of leftover crunchy rice with a fried egg on top.