Post Your Cooking/Food Tips Here

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
place a slice of bread in with your fresh baked cookies in a sealed container. The bread will stale while the cookies will stay soft.

Reactions: DC

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Now if your cookies are hard, it won't soften them

AussieBear

Now if your cookies are hard, it won't soften them

yeah i gotta make them if i want decent soft baked cookies.. theres one shitty soft baked brand here.. this country likes hard cookies.. or as they like to call them.. biscuits

AussieBear

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Made cauliflower fried rice tonight. It was amazing. I would probably never eat fried rice again. They have the cauliflower in store that is already chopped fine for consistency. I suggest buying it. It makes the texture perfect. Best fried rice I have had in years and its not even rice.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Made cauliflower fried rice tonight. It was amazing. I would probably never eat fried rice again. They have the cauliflower in store that is already chopped fine for consistency. I suggest buying it. It makes the texture perfect. Best fried rice I have had in years and its not even rice.

Damn. I just googled a couple recipes for it. Sounds really good.

Last edited:

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
All I did was sesame oil and cooked my chicken on the outside in chunks. Added white onions, bell pepper, carrots, garlic and fresh grated ginger. Sautéed for about another 5 minutes added the cauliflower. Sautéed about another 5. Made a hole and scrambled two eggs. Added peas and about a talblespoon and half soy sauce. Excellent. It was about 5 cups worth of cauliflower

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sounds fucking awesome, dude.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:

We do that and we also make cauliflower mashed taters as well. They are fucking ridiculously good.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm cooking Cream of Spinach soup tonight. Do the onions (I'm using shallots this time) need to be sauteed in a soup that will be blended up anyways, or is the sauteing part just to add texture?
It would be easier to just throw them in to cook and skip the saute part if not necessary.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
You caramelize the onions for greater sweetness and it brings out more flavor. Texture is a preference.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm cooking Cream of Spinach soup tonight. Do the onions (I'm using shallots this time) need to be sauteed in a soup that will be blended up anyways, or is the sauteing part just to add texture?
It would be easier to just throw them in to cook and skip the saute part if not necessary.

You are cooking out the rawness. Making it softer to eat. I suggest sautee them before blending.