Who's Giving Up?

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Bauer is toast.
Tomlin's paralyzed father magic will wear off and Cubs can crush him.

Then the best pitcher this year against a tired Kluber. I think the series goes 7, but that last game is a tough call.

Dude... ugh. I cringe for you.

Bauer may not compare to Lester, but game 1 proved Lester is a mortal. Bauer can be really good. It would not surprise me to see Bauer give up 1 run tonight. It also wouldn't surprise me to see him give up 4 or 5.

But "Tomlin's paralyzed father magic"? Really, dude? You can make all the excuses you want. The truth is, Tomlin is a good pitcher. Dumb asses who know nothing about the Tribe, think that his August is who he is. But he's been flat out DOMINANT since his month of throwing meatballs.

And a tired Kluber? 88 pitches in one of the most dominant performances of his career in game 1. 81 pitches in game 4. The only thing he's tired of, is being bored by the Cubs. If it goes to game 7, Kluber will be fully rested and will likely dominate again.

With all that being said. No Cleveland fan, nor anyone from the organization itself is sleeping on the Cubs. They didn't win 103 games and get to the World Series because they can't play. I like Cleveland's chances to close this out in the next 3 games, but it is no guarantee. I'm still nervous as shit.

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
Post now here, so we all know who you are. Yeah, I get it, insanely high chance the Cubs are done and get to year 109 without a title, but what better way to end the drought than to do what has been done to them so many times before. Cubs may lose, but until the series is over and Cleveland is celebrating, I ain't conceding shit.

Lol! Whatever makes you feel better you troll.

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
I know, your Mets couldn't do it, so no one can. How's Matt Harvey?

Yup. And you wont either. Harvey is great thanks for asking. He`ll be back next year and problably shutting you guys out game 1 of the nlds after you guys get by the wc game. Troll

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Yup. And you wont either. Harvey is great thanks for asking. He`ll be back next year and problably shutting you guys out game 1 of the nlds after you guys get by the wc game. Troll

Lol. Mets won't be in the postseason next year. Nice try though

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Cubs already put up more of a fight than the Mets. Lol, Harvey will be out again next year.

Sent from my bathroom using toilet talk

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
A Mets fan is upset in a Cubs forum?
He's pissed because I told him not to be so confident in a young staff remaining healthy when he was pounding his chest after last year's nlcs, and it turned out to be true this year. So now I'm a troll.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Dude... ugh. I cringe for you.

Bauer may not compare to Lester, but game 1 proved Lester is a mortal. Bauer can be really good. It would not surprise me to see Bauer give up 1 run tonight. It also wouldn't surprise me to see him give up 4 or 5.

But "Tomlin's paralyzed father magic"? Really, dude? You can make all the excuses you want. The truth is, Tomlin is a good pitcher. Dumb asses who know nothing about the Tribe, think that his August is who he is. But he's been flat out DOMINANT since his month of throwing meatballs.

And a tired Kluber? 88 pitches in one of the most dominant performances of his career in game 1. 81 pitches in game 4. The only thing he's tired of, is being bored by the Cubs. If it goes to game 7, Kluber will be fully rested and will likely dominate again.

With all that being said. No Cleveland fan, nor anyone from the organization itself is sleeping on the Cubs. They didn't win 103 games and get to the World Series because they can't play. I like Cleveland's chances to close this out in the next 3 games, but it is no guarantee. I'm still nervous as shit.
He's a sox fan. Pretty much par for the course.

JaySix

Liked Posts:
Trying to hit for power is the problem. The Indians are pitching a real simple game. They are throwing hard inside and soft outside. The Cubs need to start dumping some of those soft outside pitches the other way. This is hitting and pitching 101. The Cubs need to stop trying to hit for power and just keep the line moving. Anything to get on. Walks. Hit by pitch. Single the other. Stop trying to win crush the ball. Just keep the line moving and runs will come.

Actually used the wrong wording there, meant making hard contact not necessarily power as in home runs... the Bryant home run was nice of course but hard ground balls like Heyward's that has a chance to get through unlike the soft ground balls we've seen too much of

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
Getting back to OP's original question - which fans are 'giving up'. I interpret "giving up" to mean we believe with 100% the Indians will win the World Series. Do I believe the Indians will win the World Series? I think they certainly have better odds than we do, but its not impossible. Stranger things have happened.

If I had to guess, I'd say they probably end it in Game 6 with Tomlin, Miller and Allen combining to pitch 9 innings - giving up 1 run or less. But strange, strange things happen in playoff baseball. Would it stun me if we pulled off a Game 6 victory? I wouldn't be stunned - but its not likely.

To win game 6, we will have to knock off Tomlin, Miller and possibly even Allen. Tomlin will have to do as Kluber did in Game 4 and dominate us his second time around on short rest. Tomlin has really good stuff and virtually none of our guys can hit his curve ball. But who knows - maybe he'll be tired and hang a few of them. Perhaps Bryant and Zobrist can put one in the stands.

Right now, I would put the odds of the Indians winning Game 6 at 70%. And if we manage to upset them in Game 6, I would put the odds of them beating us in Game 7 at 50%. Kluber pitching three times in just over a week would be sub-human.

I'm not giving up. Its unlikely we win but not impossible.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Put a fork in this team.

greg23

Liked Posts:
Getting back to OP's original question - which fans are 'giving up'. I interpret "giving up" to mean we believe with 100% the Indians will win the World Series. Do I believe the Indians will win the World Series? I think they certainly have better odds than we do, but its not impossible. Stranger things have happened.

If I had to guess, I'd say they probably end it in Game 6 with Tomlin, Miller and Allen combining to pitch 9 innings - giving up 1 run or less. But strange, strange things happen in playoff baseball. Would it stun me if we pulled off a Game 6 victory? I wouldn't be stunned - but its not likely.

To win game 6, we will have to knock off Tomlin, Miller and possibly even Allen. Tomlin will have to do as Kluber did in Game 4 and dominate us his second time around on short rest. Tomlin has really good stuff and virtually none of our guys can hit his curve ball. But who knows - maybe he'll be tired and hang a few of them. Perhaps Bryant and Zobrist can put one in the stands.

Right now, I would put the odds of the Indians winning Game 6 at 70%. And if we manage to upset them in Game 6, I would put the odds of them beating us in Game 7 at 50%. Kluber pitching three times in just over a week would be sub-human.

Great analysis

The cubs are -140 favorites in game 6

So much for Cleveland having a 70% chance to win (which would equal to clev being a -275 fav)

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Jake will throw at least 6 no hit innings and the Cubs bats will come alive. Cubs in 7

Washington

Liked Posts:

I feel the same way you do. I see it ending in game 6. I think Cleveland's pitching is too good for them to lose the next 2 games.

Cleveland will be touting themselves as the new city of champions. Pretty crazy to have none for 50 years and then get 2 in one season.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I feel the same way you do. I see it ending in game 6. I think Cleveland's pitching is too good for them to lose the next 2 games.

Cleveland will be touting themselves as the new city of champions. Pretty crazy to have none for 50 years and then get 2 in one season.

And then to not win another title for another 50. Which is the.most likely case, lebron be damned.

Washington

Liked Posts:
And then to not win another title for another 50. Which is the.most likely case, lebron be damned.

What, no faith in the Browns :). Our Bears have fallen into their league.

The Indians can compete again. They have the best manager in the game with excellent pitching.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
What, no faith in the Browns :). Our Bears have fallen into their league.

The Indians can compete again. They have the best manager in the game with excellent pitching.

Cleveland isn't going anywhere, especially in that cupcake division they play in.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Gutted out a tough win last night. I thought this would go 6 or 7.