World Series IGT: Chicago Cubs vs. Cleveland Indians Game 6

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
If Edwards, Strop, Grimm, Wood, Rondon can't get 3 outs before surrendering 5 runs, they don't belong on the playoff roster. It's strange that he didn't have someone warming up until the lead was back to 7. There's a reason he isn't on the top 10 list of managers using the BP. If that's the worst Maddon does though, I think I can live with that. :D

I can live with anything if he gets the cubs a WS

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Too early to post the IGT gm 7?

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Chapman coming in didn't bother me. We have no idea what the situation will look like tomorrow. For all we know Hendricks could go out and pitch like game 6 of he LCS. And if he does then you have to fill like 5 outs IIRC. I don't honestly think Chapman goes 2-3 innings anyways even if he wasn't used. What I envision happening is having starters for say the 6th 7th and 8th with no one on and if you need to bring in a reliever i will be someone getting on. Then you hopefully give chapman the 9th with a lead for the chance to win it.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I can live with anything if he gets the cubs a WS
And really as I stated before, Chapman didn't really throw anymore than a typical Marmot close job in the 9th. IIRC 1 out in 7th. 3 outs in 8th (1 extra hitter) and 1 batter in the 9th. The TV guys and forum fans here are too caught up in "innings" and not enough on pitch count and batters faced.

I love Maddon as a coach. Watching him has given me a few pointers on becoming a better coach myself.

And really it's like Dan Fouts in The Waterboro looking at Brent Musberger and saying "Last game of the season, Brent. Can't hold anything back now." :D

Mr. Cub

2016 World Series Champs!
Liked Posts:
One more win. We can actually do this. This is for real.

DanTown

Liked Posts:
The Cubs take the field tomorrow where a win means they are World Series Champions. People on this forum have waited their entire lives for this day, tomorrow is a day meant to be enjoyed (or grieved) with the people who are closest to you. I'll have all winter to talk about the team, the game, the run, the decisions but I'll only have one tomorrow so I wish you guys best of luck for the next 24 hours. No matter what happens, it's been a hell of a ride.

Go Cubs.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Jake said he's ready if Joe calls his number.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
In the post game, A-Rod said based on knowing and playing with Chapman that "he doesn't like" being used for more than three outs, and that this was a win for Cleveland as well as Chicago because he won't be fresh for game seven.

If the Cubs win tonight Maddon is going to look like a genius and if they end up blowing a save he is going to be skewered.

Let's hope they get to Kluber and blow it open far enough that we don't require Chapman's best stuff to eek it out.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Chapman coming in didn't bother me. We have no idea what the situation will look like tomorrow. For all we know Hendricks could go out and pitch like game 6 of he LCS. And if he does then you have to fill like 5 outs IIRC. I don't honestly think Chapman goes 2-3 innings anyways even if he wasn't used. What I envision happening is having starters for say the 6th 7th and 8th with no one on and if you need to bring in a reliever i will be someone getting on. Then you hopefully give chapman the 9th with a lead for the chance to win it.

The problem is that Joe is taking these starters out after they give up one or two hits. Last no hit bid with Jake it was walks and one hit. Kyle gave up two hits no runs and he was pulled in the fourth. If Joe feels he needs to get Chapman in the game as soon as he is up, then its simple, dont get him up. There were no tying run to the plate scenarios last night, and no faith that wood, strop or rondon could get two outs. Kipnis was going to get a hit off of whoever was pitching. Both teams won last night, Miller, Shaw and Allen can start in the third inning.