World Series IGT: Chicago Cubs vs. Cleveland Indians Game 6

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Thought you were saying he had 1 for you...oh well beer is cheaper on your couch.

I wish! No, he had one just fall in his lap and he hopped in the car and started driving to Cleveland. Probably make it just in time for the first pitch.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I bet that Indians troll is going to get quiet soon.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The keys to this one:

1) We need "good" Jake. He had fantastic stuff last time out with better command but his control was suspect at times. If he can retain the stuff but improve the command and control I feel damned good about him on the mound

2) Don't let Tomlin beat you with his curve. Lay off this pitch and don't expand the zone. He's not going to throw a curve for a strike so pay attention to what you saw last time and what you saw on film and don't let this pitch beat you. Baez in particular isn't going to see a single pitch in the strike zone until he shows he can lay off the curve. If Tomlin can't beat us with the curve he doesn't win.

4) Remember who you are. I understand that with Kluber you had to be more aggressive just to have a snowball's chance, but that's not Tomlin. Work the AB, get on base. If we can do this, especially early in the order I can see getting an early lead.

5) Kyle Schwarber. If he's as patient at the plate and seeing the ball like he did last week he jumpstarts the offense.

I think we win to tonight but the above are the keys. They cannot get an early lead or it's over.

That is so, so true. The guy relies on hitters to get themselves out flailing around at pitches that end up ankle high. Patience is the key...hopefully the Cub hitters looked at film of their AB's against Tomlin at Wrigley. That video should be "must see" viewing.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Two of my Chicago area buddies just had the same thing happen. They're on their way. Lucky bastards.

They can't be all that lucky....they do have go to Cleveland. :lol:

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
CwMwKEdUAAE2ApZ.jpg

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
Wow sounds like Joe is preparing for Miller to pitch innings 4-7 with Allen coming in for 8-9.

This is a 4 inning game tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Ross > Contreras in a pressure situation

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
Well, it looks like it will come down to Tomlin-Miller-Allen vs Arrieta-Montgomery-Chapman. God, I pray Jake has his good stuff tonight.

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm starting to freak out and it's four hours before game time.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
I agree - but Joe is hoping Contreras breaks out of his slump. I'd probably go with Ross though. Lets hope it works out.
Yup, hope it works out also. But it seems at this moment Contreras is a naked nerve. Swinging at bad pitches, fumbling the ball behind the plate, fidgeting before the pitch, constantly asking for time outs to talk to the pitcher

He is obviously the catcher of the future but right now he is a basket case

czman

Liked Posts:
Contreras should be done for the series as a starting catcher. I think Contreras is one of the mistakes that Maddon has made in the playoffs. He has not been good behind the plate in any series and his bat is extremely cold. Ross should be starting. I would take Montero over Contreras now. I hope this does not blow up. Jake has been very up and down. I don't suspect he will pitch a great game with Contreras back there. Best case is probably 6 innings with a run or two.

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
Yeah, and honestly I think Ross might even give better at-bats than Willie right now. But Joe is going with Willie, so lets hope he gets it done. I do think moving Schwarber up to 2nd in the lineup is an interesting move. I honestly would not even considered it, but it makes sense. Bryant, Rizzo and Zobrist should see some better pitches now.

As much as we got our ass kicked in Game 1 by Kluber, even he was delicately dancing around Schwarber a bit. The Indians are very aware of The Babe. And if he gets a hit against Tomlin in the 1st inning - look out.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Like Baez hitting 9. If he has to bunt to get on he becomes a RBI potential. I can see him looking to just get to 1B now which should be fun seeing the corners shoot on and then him pulling back to hit the gap.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Like Baez hitting 9. If he has to bunt to get on he becomes a RBI potential. I can see him looking to just get to 1B now which should be fun seeing the corners shoot on and then him pulling back to hit the gap.

I love the lineup other than Baez 9th. Russell learned to hit there last year, just like Schwarber hit second, but this murderers row should do some damage early, and early is the key. Get into that Cleveland pen while Jake throws a CG.