CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Yeah, I'd probably do that too but it's not without risk. I'd be shocked if either team scores more than 2 runs tonight.
They've both scored more runs than that in two games. I wouldn't be shocked if it was a 2-1 game or 8-6.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Can't believe the Cubs are even in this situation. Not sure how I feel with all the Tribe's best pitching coming at us one after the other, but this has been a heck of a series either way. I guess I will expect the worst and hope for the best. There will be chaos tonight.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Can't believe the Cubs are even in this situation. Not sure how I feel with all the Tribe's best pitching coming at us one after the other, but this has been a heck of a series either way. I guess I will expect the worst and hope for the best. There will be chaos tonight.

That's the crazy scary part. We are pretty much guaranteed tonight to see: Kluber, Miller, Shaw, and Allen.

Honestly, if we win this I'll be pretty surprised.

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
That's the crazy scary part. We are pretty much guaranteed tonight to see: Kluber, Miller, Shaw, and Allen.

Hendricks, Montgomery, Lester, Strop and Chapman ain't no walk in the park either if you look at it from the other side.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

I guess on the flip side they're basically guaranteed to see Hendricks, Lester, and Chapman which is no walk in the park either. It'll be a matter of who breaks first. I would lean towards the Indians pitching having the edge in that sense, but who knows? Certainly not me.

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
Here's a thought; who catches tonight? Contreras isn't hitting and Lester is expected to pitch at some point, do you start Ross? He's caught Henricks twice and opponents slash line against is 147/.231/.235 which is actually lower than when Contreras catches. Otherwise you burn Contreras when Lester enters the game. I'd like to see Ross in there.

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Tribe has been on a short rest pitching rotation throughout the playoffs. If we can beat up Kershaw the 2nd time around we can beat up Kluber as well. I like our chances. Historic/epic game regardless of the outcome.

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
I mean, Kluber is pitching on back to back short rest outings and it'll be his third short rest outing of the post season. If he's dealing again - it will be one of the most unbelievable pitching performances in post season history. And I know Kluber is an awesome pitcher -- Cy Young winner and all. But holy shit, he's still a human being.

Back to back short rest starts. It's a lot to ask of anybody - even the best.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hendricks, Montgomery, Lester, Strop and Chapman ain't no walk in the park either if you look at it from the other side.

I guess on the flip side they're basically guaranteed to see Hendricks, Lester, and Chapman which is no walk in the park either. It'll be a matter of who breaks first. I would lean towards the Indians pitching having the edge in that sense, but who knows? Certainly not me.

Agreed. I just think that between the Cleveland bullpen aces being fully rested and the Indians have at times shown the ability to get something off Hendricks, Lester, etc plus the Cubs arms being short rest past Hendricks...I just leaning towards Cleveland having the advantage.

I hope to hell I'm wrong but I'm really uneasy about tonight. Last night I had little doubt the Cubs would win. I figured it was only a matter of time before we jumped Tomlin.

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
Agreed. I just think that between the Cleveland bullpen aces being fully rested and the Indians have at times shown the ability to get something off Hendricks, Lester, etc plus the Cubs arms being short rest past Hendricks...I just leaning towards Cleveland having the advantage.

I hope to hell I'm wrong but I'm really uneasy about tonight. Last night I had little doubt the Cubs would win. I figured it was only a matter of time before we jumped Tomlin.

I counted us out against the Dodgers and the Indians. They keep proving me wrong. This team does the improbable. Tonight will be EPIC.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Here's a thought; who catches tonight? Contreras isn't hitting and Lester is expected to pitch at some point, do you start Ross? He's caught Henricks twice and opponents slash line against is 147/.231/.235 which is actually lower than when Contreras catches. Otherwise you burn Contreras when Lester enters the game. I'd like to see Ross in there.
Agreed. Ross also understands how to put the bat on the ball and get a sac fly.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Basically sums up how I feel too. I've felt uneasy every time we've faced Kluber alone and now we're going up against their top pitchers back to back to back. Even with Kluber on short rest they have plenty of guys to go to. But hey, we found a way to get to both Kershaw and MadBum so hopefully they can recreate that magic.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Not only is he not hitting but he's having a hell of a time staying in front of low pitches. I'd go with Ross for a few reasons...experience, overall defense and even though his arm isn't the big shooter like Contreras', it's good enough.

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
Yep - I'd go with Ross, too. What a better way to end Ross's career than a Game 7 World Series victory?

On a side note, Corey Kluber has pitched 245 innings this year. Wow.

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cubs batter's 3rd look at Kluber as well. Hopefully they have figured him out.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
He's worked with Contreras mostly.

I want Ross back there. He's had much better ABs, but he actually blocks balls. Contreras doesn't put his body in front of them enough yet. He let's shit get through that shouldn't get through.

vinson555

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why does Hendricks need to go at least 7 innings? Lester is available, Jake is available, Edwards is available, Grimm is available, let alone Montgomery and Chapman.

It's not going to be Jake, he pitched last night... It's Lackey. I'm sure he is only there for long relief in extra's the way he has pitched.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I mean, Kluber is pitching on back to back short rest outings and it'll be his third short rest outing of the post season. If he's dealing again - it will be one of the most unbelievable pitching performances in post season history. And I know Kluber is an awesome pitcher -- Cy Young winner and all. But holy shit, he's still a human being.

Back to back short rest starts. It's a lot to ask of anybody - even the best.

Haha, I said the same shit. He can't do it again can he? I'm fucking pumped. Wish I had some paid days left, because I would've called off work and got hammered. Oh well, at least I get to watch the game.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
It's not going to be Jake, he pitched last night... It's Lackey. I'm sure he is only there for long relief in extra's the way he has pitched.
Lackey isn't coming into the game unless it's in Extras and Jake has already stated that he will be available to pitch in tonight's ball game if an out or two are needed. This is game 7 of the World Series. All hands on deck-

[video=youtube;sz0VFa_4JwM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sz0VFa_4JwM[/video]

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I want Ross back there. He's had much better ABs, but he actually blocks balls. Contreras doesn't put his body in front of them enough yet. He let's shit get through that shouldn't get through.
He also stops pitches that shouldn't get stopped like Chapman's 54 footer the other night.