World Series IGT: Chicago Cubs vs. Cleveland Indians Game 7

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
C......a......n.......'.......t. w.....a.....i......t

DanTown

Liked Posts:
Everyone is available and I mean everyone. I don't care that Jake pitched yesterday, he's good to give a high value inning or so if necessary. I don't want to use him but it wouldn't shock me if the plan was something like get Kyle through the first five, go to Jon, then bridge to Chapman. Use Jake if either Kyle or Lester simply doesn't have it.

Guys this is game 7, you don't manage this game like you manage any other game. You don't manage game 6 this way; the entire roster of pitchers is available to you and you simply cannot afford to let ANYONE in this game get the game too far out of hand. 2-0 is going to feel insurmountable against this pitching staff so I won't be here tonight but if someone argues some is getting pulled too soon, the answer is that's probably not true.

my lineup tonight would be
Fowler / Schwarber / Bryant / Rizzo / Zobrist / Russell / Heyward / Ross / Baez

If the game calls for it late, your only real move is a hitter for Ross or Heyward and then Contreras and Almora in defensively.

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
Its 12:11pm and I'm already a mess.

I would go with DanTown's lineup, as well.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Even with Heyward being awful all year at the plate...the Cubs are where they want to be, one win from a Championship. If Heyward...for one game...came alive and did some good to help us win....it would erase a whole lot of bad memories. For him and for the fans.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Forecast for rain to hit Cleveland around 10:00...grrr rain delay for game 7 please no.

czman

Liked Posts:
He also stops pitches that shouldn't get stopped like Chapman's 54 footer the other night.

Just to be factually correct in the playoffs he has 4 errors, two passed balls and allowed 4 wild pitches. Ross and Monero have made not errors, no passed balls, and allowed zero wild pitches.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Just to be factually correct in the playoffs he has 4 errors, two passed balls and allowed 4 wild pitches. Ross and Monero have made not errors, no passed balls, and allowed zero wild pitches.
So he didn't stop a really tough pitch from Chapman the other night. Good to know.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
My prediction, err boner-wish for tonight: Kyle (game-winning pitcher) and Schwarbs (game-winning double) become instant Cubs immortals.

Of course i will take any win, even an undeserving, ugly triumph by virtue of an error or a passed ball, but i was deliberating the following:

which is preferable? winning in a rout (no stress) or winning a close nail-biter (lots of stress, more reward)?

czman

Liked Posts:
So he didn't stop a really tough pitch from Chapman the other night. Good to know.

Maybe it would have been easier to stop if he had set up differently or anticipated the pitch in the dirt. Maybe part of the reason he has to make plays like that is he does not do the little things that other catchers do to make the game easier on him. Maybe he relies to much on athleticism.

I honestly don't know. What I do know he is has made 10 mistakes that tick a column and the other two catchers combined have made zero. Would that pitch have gotten by either of the other two catchers.........we will never know.

As for that one play. I have seen catchers make that play.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Maybe it would have been easier to stop if he had set up differently or anticipated the pitch in the dirt. Maybe part of the reason he has to make plays like that is he does not do the little things that other catchers do to make the game easier on him. Maybe he relies to much on athleticism.

I honestly don't know. What I do know he is has made 10 mistakes that tick a column and the other two catchers combined have made zero. Would that pitch have gotten by either of the other two catchers.........we will never know.

LOL. What a stupid post.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Winning the WS is reward enough.

Schwarber has not homered yet. Seems "due". :)

czman

Liked Posts:
My prediction, err boner-wish for tonight: Kyle (game-winning pitcher) and Schwarbs (game-winning double) become instant Cubs immortals.

Of course i will take any win, even an undeserving, ugly triumph by virtue of an error or a passed ball, but i was deliberating the following:

which is preferable? winning in a rout (no stress) or winning a close nail-biter (lots of stress, more reward)?

I just want to see a win. I honestly don't care how it comes. My wife told me I was unconsolable for 3 days last year after the loss to the Mets. I really don't want to be a mope for the next week. So they need to win.

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
I am an absolute bundle of nerves today. All year long I've believed in this team and have done deep dives into the numbers to justify my belief. I've reamained positive and calm when many other posters here have not. I think it's all caught up. Numbers don't mean a hill of beans in Game 7 of the World Series and all I'm left with is my belief in this team countered by an absolute fear of Corey Kluber. 6 more hours...

Washington

Liked Posts:

Excellent points. Not sure how they could be argued.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
538 has the chances of winning at Cleveland 54% and Cubs 46%.