Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Was there ever a commercial that always comes on to buy that package of champion stuff they always do? Like Sports Illustrated or some shit?

I need to get some championship stuff. I like the grey hats they were wearing after they won. Also want one with the WS logo.

I dropped $200 already. MLBshop. Even there, a knit hat already sold out. Had to find it somewhere else.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I'm stupid because I have the same opinion that pretty much every baseball expert has about Maddon's use of the pitching staff?

In the larger picture, your opinions don't matter to me. Mine shouldn't matter to you.

Maybe he thinks you're stupid for not being able to enjoy a World Series win, opting instead for bitching about managerial decisions.

I was very upset with a decision last night, too. But I sure as hell have better things to think about!

TL1961

Liked Posts:
The parade can't be Monday, because the GM Meetings start Monday. Therefore, they are Friday, allowing for very short notice.

Why on Earth do the GM meetings start so soon after the WS?

What team would NOT want a parade after winning?

Just wondering.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I have to say, watching the in-game reactions of these players as they came through with big hits was just exciting as hell.

Game 5, Game 6, Game 7......the jumping, punching, pointing at teammates to show their respect for the job well done.....fabulous!

GREAT group of guys. There is not one player on this team I don't really, really like.

And how about Jon Friggin' Lester, ladies and gentlemen?

His signing was a huge, huge key. His postseason was terrific. Zobrist, Ross.....even Heyward took charge during the rain delay. Had teammates in tears.

Awesome season! Great fun!

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
I have to say, watching the in-game reactions of these players as they came through with big hits was just exciting as hell.

Game 5, Game 6, Game 7......the jumping, punching, pointing at teammates to show their respect for the job well done.....fabulous!

GREAT group of guys. There is not one player on this team I don't really, really like.

And how about Jon Friggin' Lester, ladies and gentlemen?

His signing was a huge, huge key. His postseason was terrific. Zobrist, Ross.....even Heyward took charge during the rain delay. Had teammates in tears.

Awesome season! Great fun!
Funny considering most of the usual suspects around here thought Lester was a $150mil bust after one month last year.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Funny considering most of the usual suspects around here thought Lester was a $150mil bust after one month last year.
Funny. It didn't even last a day before the usual suspects were discussing the usual suspects. ;)

On a serious note, Lester's Opening Night Cubs debut was a disaster, especially considering many felt Arrieta was the ace of the staff. I know I was unhappy with his Opening Night performance, but he certainly got better as the season went along.

TL1961

Liked Posts:

I've been a Lester fanboy since the day he signed. In spite of his ERA overall, I would tell people about how often he had 7IP and 2 or fewer ER. He was at one point late in the year, third behind Kershaw and Greinke. I love the guy. He may already be my favorite Cub. And there is a LOT of competition.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Someone posted earlier that he gave up EIGHT hits with men on base after the all start break.

And, as I have posted before, he lost 4 times (or maybe a 5th in the final week)
1-0 on solo HR by the league leader.
2-1 in a game in which he took a no hitter into the 7th. (or was it the 8th?)
And only two other losses. One he got shelled, which hurt his ERA, which ended up being terrific anyway.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I thought the Lester signing was necessary to tell these younger players we are going to compete. I thought he was solid that I thought would be a better performer for his contract over Scherzer for the long haul. The guy just competes. It was comical when people said he had a bad year last year.

LuvMyBears

Liked Posts:
You guys are an interesting mix of assholes. I don't post much I prefer to read your junk. Anyway I watch baseball alone because very few people like it the way i do. But in some ways if you assholes were watching too I guess I truly never watched alone. Shit was fun as hell. I partied my ass off and I was an hour and a half late to work this morning. Thanks boys!!!! I'd do it all over again!!!!

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:

I pretty much spent all last year and the first part of this defending the Lester deal and I was ecstatic when he signed. I watch a lot of Red Sox baseball and was fully aware of what he could do. The dude is nails. I don't think there's a soul that doubts that anymore.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Coolest thing is we can finally stop hearing about fucking farm animal curses.

Fuck yeah. I kept telling my dad, I can't wait until next year so we can stop hearing about 1945 and 1908 every two seconds. Especially when the games were at Wrigley.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I thought the Lester signing was necessary to tell these younger players we are going to compete. I thought he was solid that I thought would be a better performer for his contract over Scherzer for the long haul. The guy just competes. It was comical when people said he had a bad year last year.

Lester wasn't an ace last year. Anyone who denies it is lying to themselves. He had dominant stretches, but he had some pretty bad stretches that aces don't have. I thought the pressure to perform got to him, as I think it got to Heyward this year.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lester wasn't an ace last year. Anyone who denies it is lying to themselves. He had dominant stretches, but he had some pretty bad stretches that aces don't have. I thought the pressure to perform got to him, as I think it got to Heyward this year.

The term "Ace" is over used. There are only very few actual "Aces". Statistics prove that. Kershaw, Fernandez, Sale, King Felix were the only one that constantly were top 10 pitchers. That being said he was 13th in fWAR in 2015 and 21st in ERA. That is a damn good season. Lester isnt always going to be a number 1 because he doesnt have dominate stuff. He is a plotter. He competes and competes and competes. That said, he was an Ace if he was on majority of teams or #1 starter which is more accurate. The Cubs just had a guy who went all historical and shit. Lester has done nothing to not earn his paycheck the past two years.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
Gary Pressy is having a pretty epic jam session at Grant Park right now.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
The term "Ace" is over used. There are only very few actual "Aces". Statistics prove that. Kershaw, Fernandez, Sale, King Felix were the only one that constantly were top 10 pitchers. That being said he was 13th in fWAR in 2015 and 21st in ERA. That is a damn good season. Lester isnt always going to be a number 1 because he doesnt have dominate stuff. He is a plotter. He competes and competes and competes. That said, he was an Ace if he was on majority of teams or #1 starter which is more accurate. The Cubs just had a guy who went all historical and shit. Lester has done nothing to not earn his paycheck the past two years.

He had 3 months with a 5+ ERA. It's the first time in his career that had happened. He constantly fell behind early in games and that was partly the reason he was under .500 for only the second time in his career. He was 0-2 in the playoffs with a 4.5 ERA. He wasn't what the Cubs paid for last season.

This year, he earned his entire contract. Honestly, I don't care what he did prior or as much about what he does in the future. Him and Arrieta put the Cubs on their backs in the WS and brought home the trophy. Honestly felt one of those two, along with Rizzo, deserved the WS MVP more than Zobrist.

Mr. Cub

2016 World Series Champs!
Liked Posts:
I'm considering just ordering my hats directly from the MLB site instead of fucking around trying to find them at retail stores here in Chicago. Its being reported there is a shortage everywhere of them so I feel like I am just going to waste my time trying to find them.

I dropped $200 already. MLBshop. Even there, a knit hat already sold out. Had to find it somewhere else.

Yeah, shit. I really want to get some stuff. But ima be short on fundage for a few weeks. Shit is crazy expensive, too. May just have to wait next year when we go back to Cubbin' and lose 97 games. Then it might be on clearance haha

Too bad we may not suck again for a minute.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Yeah, shit. I really want to get some stuff. But ima be short on fundage for a few weeks. Shit is crazy expensive, too. May just have to wait next year when we go back to Cubbin' and lose 97 games. Then it might be on clearance haha

Too bad we may not suck again for a minute.
When they win again next year, I'll just get a shirt. But, since nothing is guaranteed, there was no way I wasn't getting some gear.

Sent from my bathroom using toilet talk

Mr. Cub

2016 World Series Champs!
Liked Posts:
When they win again next year, I'll just get a shirt. But, since nothing is guaranteed, there was no way I wasn't getting some gear.

Sent from my bathroom using toilet talk

For real. That's why I will get something eventually. Shit, this is probably the only Cubs champion stuff. I highly doubt they had hats and shirts in 1908.