CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
He was an outstanding pickup. It is going to be hard not having him in the field. Baez is the shortstop of the future but he will certainly get his at bats. Without him we wouldn't have gotten here.

This is an all-time bad thought.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Silence and Diehardfan hated the Zoberist pick up while our best poster, Beckdawg, loved it....hmmmmmmm

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Silence and Diehardfan hated the Zoberist pick up while our best poster, Beckdawg, loved it....hmmmmmmm

Hated the 4 years. Said he was an all in move, we won so it worked out. Zobrist showed his age mid season this year. ITs going to get worse, but if he comes to play when it counts. I dont care what he does. I think he is going to rest a lot more next year. I dont see any way he is still starting 3 years from now.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
"Cubs have morphed into one of the worst teams in baseball. Not a chance in hell they would win a single playoff game. Forum members and ESPN reporters claiming this is one of the best teams in history are fucking morons." Egg Scrambles prediction

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Silence: "why did the Cubs sign a beat up catcher like Ross?"

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Hated the 4 years. Said he was an all in move, we won so it worked out. Zobrist showed his age mid season this year. ITs going to get worse, but if he comes to play when it counts. I dont care what he does. I think he is going to rest a lot more next year. I dont see any way he is still starting 3 years from now.
Your critique of Zoberist pick up might be the worst in forum history

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

As usual, you don't know what the hell you're talking about. I liked Zobrist the player, but he'll be 39 when his contract runs out..that's just too many years. Show me one post where I downplayed his game. You can't...there isn't any.

Oh and BTW....as you predicted, Schwarber will not be playing in the World Series. The Cubs won't win a single post season game. Bryant's loopy swing....and the list goes on and on.

Also if someone loves a player...wouldn't you think he could spell his name right? I swear, you are always in self-destruct mode.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
As usual, you don't know what the hell you're talking about. I liked Zobrist the player, but he'll be 39 when his contract runs out..that's just too many years. Show me one post where I downplayed his game. You can't...there isn't any.

Oh and BTW....as you predicted, Schwarber will not be playing in the World Series. The Cubs won't win a single post season game. Bryant's loopy swing....and the list goes on and on.

Also if someone loves a player...wouldn't you think he could spell his name right? I swear, you are always in self-destruct mode.
You thank banged Silence when he said stupid shit about Zoberist. Sorry man

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats

The bad thing about contracts in professional sports is that they are iron-clad. So yeah, he'll definitely be here all four years. There is no way to move that contract whatsoever.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You thank banged Silence when he said stupid shit about Zoberist. Sorry man

To be honest, I couldn't say a lot about his game because I didn't know that much about him. I don't see a lot of American League games. I was just agreeing with him on the age/contract length factor. But in hindsight, even if he bottoms out in a another year or so....for what he accomplished this season alone, he's worth every penny.

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
The Zobrist signing was one of the best moves in Cubs history. The guy has ice in his veins. Talk about clutch -- he was raking the whole series against Cleveland. Back to back WS MVP honors with two different teams. Incredible.

Zorilla is a monster. He's such a stabilizing force for our young guys. Plus he's an on base machine.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
To be honest, I couldn't say a lot about his game because I didn't know that much about him. I don't see a lot of American League games. I was just agreeing with him on the age/contract length factor. But in hindsight, even if he bottoms out in a another year or so....for what he accomplished this season alone, he's worth every penny.
And I didnt know him either, but the guy grows on you. He is just a true pro. I love that he usually puts the ball into play and he hits a lot of line drives. He has become my favorite Cub. My only concern is his range in the outfield. If Fowler leaves it could be a Schwarber-Heyward-Zoberist OF. That's put a lot of pressure on the CF

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:

No, but he doesn't have to. He'll have earned the money by then.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
No, but he doesn't have to. He'll have earned the money by then.

To me he already earned every dime of it.... Don't really fucking care if he sits on the bench the rest of the contract, even though he won't. All Hail ZOBI!

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
And I didnt know him either, but the guy grows on you. He is just a true pro. I love that he usually puts the ball into play and he hits a lot of line drives. He has become my favorite Cub. My only concern is his range in the outfield. If Fowler leaves it could be a Schwarber-Heyward-Zoberist OF. That's put a lot of pressure on the CF

We agree on something!! LOL That outfield of Schwarber-Heyward-Zoberist isn't what I'd like to go to war with. You gotta put Schwarber's bat somewhere so he'll be in left but I really think Fowler is a far better CFer than Heyward will ever be and while Zobby catches everything he gets to, he's not your prototypical right fielder. He lacks the big arm and doesn't cover a lot of ground...he's better suited in the infield or left. They really need Fowler back...he fills so many needs.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
We agree on something!! LOL That outfield of Schwarber-Heyward-Zoberist isn't what I'd like to go to war with. You gotta put Schwarber's bat somewhere so he'll be in left but I really think Fowler is a far better CFer than Heyward will ever be and while Zobby catches everything he gets to, he's not your prototypical right fielder. He lacks the big arm and doesn't cover a lot of ground...he's better suited in the infield or left. They really need Fowler back...he fills so many needs.
I like Fowler but if he comes back that squeezes either Baez or Zoberist. I also dont like Heyward as he took strange routes to the ball in the times he played center and also flinched a couple of time on balls near the wall. It will be interesting what they come up with

I think the big changes will come with the pitching staff. I dont think they will sign Chapman and probably go after Kenly Jansen which is fine with me. I think Madden has given up on Strop, Hammel, Rondon and we see some interesting aquisitions

Washington

Liked Posts:
If Zobrist showed his age mid-season due to slumping, something players do at parts all season, what does that say for the whole season of Heyward?

Zobrist can still be a fine versatile role player in the last couple of years. His contract is not exuberant.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I like Fowler but if he comes back that squeezes either Baez or Zoberist. I also dont like Heyward as he took strange routes to the ball in the times he played center and also flinched a couple of time on balls near the wall. It will be interesting what they come up with

I think the big changes will come with the pitching staff. I dont think they will sign Chapman and probably go after Kenly Jansen which is fine with me. I think Madden has given up on Strop, Hammel, Rondon and we see some interesting aquisitions

As much promise as Baez has shown, I still pencil him in along with Zobrist and Bryant as guys who will move around from day to day plus injuries always take a toll so there should be plenty of game time for all three. Also Zobby will be 36 next year and you want him fresh at playoff time...he probably won't get the heavy workload he had this year. Strop...I've never been a huge fan, a bit too much like Marmol for my tastes. Hammel as a #5 is fine and Rondon....WTF happened to him? He was throwing 97 but his breaking ball was a disaster.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I have to ask this again, because I never got a clear answer. Who the fuck hates Zobrist?