CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Dude was consistent as hell. He's like the Kyle Orton of baseball.

wklink

CBMB refugee
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He was an outstanding pickup. It is going to be hard not having him in the field. Baez is the shortstop of the future but he will certainly get his at bats. Without him we wouldn't have gotten here.

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
Finally we can address the wide spread mods-sponsored epidemic of Zobie haters on this board.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cubsmann

Liked Posts:
He was an outstanding pickup. It is going to be hard not having him in the field. Baez is the shortstop of the future but he will certainly get his at bats. Without him we wouldn't have gotten here.

I think Baez will be our starting 2B in 2017. Im not sure where Zobrist is going to play. He has effectively lost his position to Baez and Schwarber will be starting in LF. Its a nice problem to have. But I don't really get the point of this thread. Since when has Zobrist been dogged as a player?!

Rise

Liked Posts:
Who hates Zobe? Don't assume Taco's opinions are even remotely rational or shared.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Taco was helping me do some yard work on the expansive Omelet Estate. There is a planting bed with a huge rock formation at the far end of the property. While eradicating some weeds a swarm of bees rose up from the ground like a Phoenix from the ashes. They were all over me and I began to furiously swing my arms. In my panic I tripped over one of those huge bolders and fell flat on my face. The bees were merciless as they stung me repeatedly. Once i gained my composure I plotted my revenge. I filled a soda bottle full of gasoline and waited till dark when the bees returned to their underground home. I poured the gas into that opening and stuck the bottle in to stop their escape. The next morning they were dead, all dead and I laughed manically. Unfortunately, I never saw Taco again

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I kind of figured we'd have at least 24 hours before the weird thoughts resumed. Apparently I was mistaken.

Yeah, but it's pretty obvious where they are coming from. The playoffs are over....they'll be receding shortly.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
Zobrist had the hot start at the beginning of the season that set the tone for the rest of the season.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
There were a lot of people on here who really really trashed the signing of Zobrist. Too Old. Too much money for what he brings, where is he going to play, he's going to stunt the growth of the kids, he peaked already, retread....

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Yes. I was one of the few who argued that it was a good signing.

Washington

Liked Posts:
It was a great signing. He brings so much versatility to the team as well as veteran leadership. Joe will find him plenty of games to play next year and he'll be moved all around. I do expect Baez to be the 2nd basemen but I can still see Zobrist getting games there and Baez giving some breaks to Bryant at 3rd.

I am personally really gunna miss Fowler and what he brought to this team. He played such a huge role in our success. I am not enamored with Almora and think with him and Heyward in the OF, we're really losing out at the plate.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
It was a great signing. He brings so much versatility to the team as well as veteran leadership. Joe will find him plenty of games to play next year and he'll be moved all around. I do expect Baez to be the 2nd basemen but I can still see Zobrist getting games there and Baez giving some breaks to Bryant at 3rd.

I am personally really gunna miss Fowler and what he brought to this team. He played such a huge role in our success. I am not enamored with Almora and think with him and Heyward in the OF, we're really losing out at the plate.

Is Dex for sure gone? I know it was a one year deal but I thought I read there was a mutual option for next year?