1960 world series, Yankees/Pirates. Research it noobs

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It is not. No drama. Just boring. I am just that personality type I suppose. I don't like "super hero" movies for the same reason because you know the ending. "Oh no, the superhero is going to lose... Oh wait!!!" Just boring, predictable script.

You claim to be a Bears fan? You should be well versed in "boring" and "predictable".

BearUp

Liked Posts:
There was nothing predictable about that series or game. If you think so, you've clearly never watched sports.

Game 7 will go down as one of the most talked about single games for drama/outcome ever. Not unlike the Pats/Seattle SB.

Really, are you sure? If you were a Hollywood screenwriter what would the WS be...? Perhaps two teams who haven't won since the wheel was invented... The team with the "curse" seeing themselves down 3-1 and facing the drama of elimination... A magical game 7 that includes the beloved retiree hitting a home run? Come on. This script was written before this season ever began.

BearUp

Liked Posts:
You aren't gambler, nor are you a critical thinker.

You are honestly suggesting that a team was ordained - over a 162 game season?

Surely we can agree that the Cubs winning was the best story/thing for baseball (and going game 7) but you think it was fixed? Is that what you are saying?

If these games/series are fixed then why wouldn't every WS feature big market teams like the Cubs, Yankees, Boston, Atlanta, etc. I'm sure Cleveland and KC aren't first choices for 'big revenue/revitalize the game'

That would suggest that EVERY season/WS is fixed... I am not suggesting that. On the other end of the coin are you suggesting that NONE are?

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
1960 world series, Yankees/Pirates. Research it noobs

Great WS, no doubt...big comeback, Maz's game winner.

Big difference is that there was no personal involvement with two east coast teams when you live in the midwest.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That would suggest that EVERY season/WS is fixed... I am not suggesting that. On the other end of the coin are you suggesting that NONE are?

Ahhh, now I get it. You're a wrestling fan.

BearUp

Liked Posts:
Ahhh, now I get it. You're a wrestling fan.

No... But I was when I was a kid. Then I quickly got sick of the predicable outcomes. I was surprised when Hogan was beaten in the "two Dave Hebner" match. That was different.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
No... But I was when I was a kid. Then I quickly got sick of the predicable outcomes. I was surprised when Hogan was beaten in the "two Dave Hebner" match. That was different.

No idea what you're talking about but I think I'm about done with this thread.

BearUp

Liked Posts:
No idea what you're talking about but I think I'm about done with this thread.

Sorry, bro - don't let me spoil it. I was just venting a bit as I really wanted to get into a new sport (for me in baseball) and was just frustrated I wasted time as (for me) it was just uninspiring and unexciting. And I of my ignorance, I was surprised to see anyone really thought there was drama. That is all. I really shouldn't have hijacked this thread. Seriously, sorry bro.

Monk

I hate acronyms
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm going to admit, I got a little misty eyed when they picked Ross up to carry him off the field

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Did any rational person ever doubt from day one of this season the Cubs would win the World Series?? If this is the best baseball has to offer, boy is it BORING. Boring series, boring game. I wanted to be a Cubs (am a Bears fan) / baseball fan but there is just no excitement. I remember when they were down 3-1 and my wife was like "oh no" and I just looked at her weird... "Um, there is ZERO chance this does not get to game 7 and there is ZERO chance the Cubs do not win." Like the MLB was going the let this cash-cow end 2 games early and loose all that additional revenue.

If this game 7 is one of the "best" how boring are the others!?

If you think it's scripted then you belong on the InfoWars forum exchanging survival ideas for the Final Days with other crackpots, not a sports discussion board, baseball or football.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It was a great game...definitely up there, but I have some games that I remember that are pretty good too such as the cardinals a couple of years ago coming back from being down 2 runs..TWICE. That was a good game. I also still have the Dbacks-Yankees game 7 a couple of years ago.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Really, are you sure? If you were a Hollywood screenwriter what would the WS be...? Perhaps two teams who haven't won since the wheel was invented... The team with the "curse" seeing themselves down 3-1 and facing the drama of elimination... A magical game 7 that includes the beloved retiree hitting a home run? Come on. This script was written before this season ever began.

It sounds like you're simply jealous that the Cubs did indeed enjoy a magical, movie-like day of glory while your team is an irrelevant garbage pile.

sorry about that.

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:

So, help me understand. If this script was written, how exactly did it play out over 162 games.

Was one of the best hitters on the team - a critical left handed power bat in the lineup - getting a season ending injury as the season started - in the script?

Do you have a tinfoil hat on right now?

BearUp

Liked Posts:
It sounds like you're simply jealous that the Cubs did indeed enjoy a magical, movie-like day of glory while your team is an irrelevant garbage pile.

sorry about that.

My team is the Bears and, yes, they are an irrelevant garbage pile. Not jealous of Cubs though, it was just boring and without any drama for me. Baseball is just not my game I guess - I just never seemed like it would play out any other way than exactly the way it did (the rain delay was a surprise of course).

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
Sorry, bro - don't let me spoil it. I was just venting a bit as I really wanted to get into a new sport (for me in baseball) and was just frustrated I wasted time as (for me) it was just uninspiring and unexciting. And I of my ignorance, I was surprised to see anyone really thought there was drama. That is all. I really shouldn't have hijacked this thread. Seriously, sorry bro.

If you think that last night's game was unexciting then there really isn't a new sport for you to watch. It's like wanting a hotter pepper or some shit. If the Komodo Dragon Chili Pepper isn't hot enough, I got nothing for you.

If you need something MORE exciting than last night's crazy game 7 of the WS, then the only thing I can suggest is a to the death bum fights.

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
I am obviously biased, but considering the two teams involved in this series AND the way this game evolved throughout the 10 innings (or WS Game #8 - Sudden Death), however you want to look at it...Is this the best game in WS history? Is this the best WS in history? Is this the best sporting moment in sports history? Where does this game/series fall?

Just like everyone else posting on here, I have waited my whole life for this! Unbelievable season, unbelievable NLDS, unbelievable NLCS, and unbelievable WS! Have fun partying in ChiTown! I will be stuck here in Cards Nation, but rest assured, I am unloading on all of the Cards fans here for all the bullshit I have had to put up with for the last 40+years! CONGRATS FELLW CUBS FANS! GO CUBS GO!

Yes you are biased and no this is not the best game or world series ever. To Cubs fans it is and should be but to an unbiased watcher no. Imho its definitely one of the best game 7s of all time but not the best. As far as series goes coming back 3-1 is rare feat so that gets major points in my book but what made this series special is the 108 year drought. If the cubs had won a couple in the last ten years this series would be looked at as a pretty good series but nothing special. That being said congratulations to chicago and you fans. I know nobody deserves anything but in this case you guys truly deserve it. The drought was long enough and honestly i felt sick to my stomach for you guys when Cleveland tied the game. so glad it worked out.

BearUp

Liked Posts:
If you think that last night's game was unexciting then there really isn't a new sport for you to watch. It's like wanting a hotter pepper or some shit. If the Komodo Dragon Chili Pepper isn't hot enough, I got nothing for you.

If you need something MORE exciting than last night's crazy game 7 of the WS, then the only thing I can suggest is a to the death bum fights.

Good analogy bro - love hot peppers! Again, glad many enjoyed the game. It would have been exciting to me if I ever had even the smallest doubt the Cubs would win. It was like the Harlem Globetrotters vs the Washington Generals and it wasn't going to be January 5, 1971.