Best game ever in WS history?

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Good analogy bro - love hot peppers! Again, glad many enjoyed the game. It would have been exciting to me if I ever had even the smallest doubt the Cubs would win. It was like the Harlem Globetrotters vs the Washington Generals and it wasn't going to be January 5, 1971.

You sound stupid

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Good analogy bro - love hot peppers! Again, glad many enjoyed the game. It would have been exciting to me if I ever had even the smallest doubt the Cubs would win. It was like the Harlem Globetrotters vs the Washington Generals and it wasn't going to be January 5, 1971.
You should probably just stick to the Bears forum.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Maybe Best Series ever. Great Pitching Duels. A grand slam, and loads of offense late. A team coming back from a 3-1 deficit. A 3 run rally in the 8th of game 7, on 2 outs, to tie it. A 1 run win in 10 innings in game 7.

Having watched it, my nerves couldn't take it. But, I'll savor the memory of this Cubs team, and this series, for the rest of my life!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Probably the best Game 7 in the WS ever, but I don't know about best series. The first 4 games were fairly boring and filled with a ton of missed opportunities by both teams.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I am not a gambler so I barely know what you're talking about. All I know is the MLB needed something to revitalize their sport and this was the obvious answer. Any doubt this WS would bring in record profits and invited millions of new fans to baseball? You can't honestly think that from before this season began there was any chance another team would win the WS...?

Um, record profits would be Cubs and Yankees. Next best would be Cubs/Red Sox. Why would they want a non top 10 market team like Cleveland if they wanted record profits? Your post is Special person on so many levels.

BearUp

Liked Posts:
Um, record profits would be Cubs and Yankees. Next best would be Cubs/Red Sox. Why would they want a non top 10 market team like Cleveland if they wanted record profits? Your post is Special person on so many levels.

Here are some headlines...

World Series TV ratings: Epic Game 7 was off the charts - USA TODAY‎ - 16 hours ago

TV Ratings: World Series Climax Tops 40 Million Viewers, Biggest Game in 25 Years
- Hollywood Reporter‎ - 22 hours ago

Baseball Is Dying? TV Ratings For 2016 World Series Through The Roof

Look at ratings by series year and see if a spike in ratings is brought by big market teams like the Yankees

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Oh come on, it's the 1925 Pirates vs Senators. Best WS ever. It will take a while before anything lives up to that hype.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Here are some headlines...

World Series TV ratings: Epic Game 7 was off the charts - USA TODAY‎ - 16 hours ago

TV Ratings: World Series Climax Tops 40 Million Viewers, Biggest Game in 25 Years
- Hollywood Reporter‎ - 22 hours ago

Baseball Is Dying? TV Ratings For 2016 World Series Through The Roof

Look at ratings by series year and see if a spike in ratings is brought by big market teams like the Yankees

You're right. No one would've watched a Cubs/Yankees Game 7 with the Cubs trying to break a 108 year old drought.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers

Yes. That is clearly what I am suggesting...

What you are suggesting is clearly moronic. If the fix was in for profit, every other AL team in the playoffs would've been a better draw than the Indians.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
What you are suggesting is clearly moronic. If the fix was in for profit, every other AL team in the playoffs would've been a better draw than the Indians.
Cubs-Yankees or Cubs-Red Sox would have broken the world.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:

Who draws better, the Indians or the White Sox...I dunno, maybe all but one team

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Couldn't - Vegas knew the Cubs would win too; and I do not gamble. If you doubted the Cubs would win this year I don't know what to say...

Lines go the way of the money. Based on the way money comes in, Vegas sets the line, so that there is equal bets both ways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Who draws better, the Indians or the White Sox...I dunno, maybe all but one team

Um, the Indians would certainly draw better since they were in the playoffs. Not to mention that an all Chicago World Series probably wouldn't be much of a national draw.

Mitchapalooza

I've seen my team win the world series 3 times, come back from 0-3 in the ALCS, and this still might be the best game I've ever had the pleasure to watch.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Cubs-Yankees or Cubs-Red Sox would have broken the world.

This guys logic is ridiculous. If the fix was in, it'd clearly be Yankees/Cubs or Red Sox/Cubs from the beginning of the season. But even after the playoffs began, every team left in the AL has a bigger market than Cleveland, so baseball picked literally the smallest remaining market to maximize profits.

Mitchapalooza

Lol @ a fix. Red Sox had probably the best offense this year. That won't get you far in the playoffs when your pitchers are mostly ass. David Price is a playoff choker. I just hope they get some better pitchers because Boston's young offense is really fun to watch.

BearUp

Liked Posts:
This guys logic is ridiculous. If the fix was in, it'd clearly be Yankees/Cubs or Red Sox/Cubs from the beginning of the season. But even after the playoffs began, every team left in the AL has a bigger market than Cleveland, so baseball picked literally the smallest remaining market to maximize profits.

Humm... How has Cleveland's WS appearance TV ratings compared to others? Look here.

As a baseball fan and "team" fan, yes NY and BOS make sense. But a World Series of two teams that haven't won over 170years combined is a MUCH better story. Yes, Cubs/Yankees is exciting outside of the baseball populous because the Cubs COULD win the World Series... Or, it could just be the Yankees... Again. A Cubs/Indians World Series means that a historic win IS going to happen. If you don't think millions were drawn in by the Loser-Loser storyline you are ignoring the obvious.

Do you think MLB is not a business? Their goal is to MAXIMIZE PROFITS, is it not? Their goal is not "integrity", why would it be -- they are an ENTERTAINMENT BUSINESS not a CHURCH.

But again, my point was not "the fix is in". My point is the entire postseason was boring and without drama because this seemed like the only possible conclusion. I am not say it was the only possible conclusion, I am just saying me -- as a non-baseball fan -- was bored and unimpressed because this (like a superhero film) played out exactly as one would predict.