Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Humm... How has Cleveland's WS appearance TV ratings compared to others? Look here.

As a baseball fan and "team" fan, yes NY and BOS make sense. But a World Series of two teams that haven't won over 170years combined is a MUCH better story. Yes, Cubs/Yankees is exciting outside of the baseball populous because the Cubs COULD win the World Series... Or, it could just be the Yankees... Again. A Cubs/Indians World Series means that a historic win IS going to happen. If you don't think millions were drawn in by the Loser-Loser storyline you are ignoring the obvious.

Do you think MLB is not a business? Their goal is to MAXIMIZE PROFITS, is it not? Their goal is not "integrity", why would it be -- they are an ENTERTAINMENT BUSINESS not a CHURCH.

But again, my point was not "the fix is in". My point is the entire postseason was boring and without drama because this seemed like the only possible conclusion. I am not say it was the only possible conclusion, I am just saying me -- as a non-baseball fan -- was bored and unimpressed because this (like a superhero film) played out exactly as one would predict.

No, just, no. If that were the case, why not go with the Rangers? Their drought is nearly as long, and they have a much larger market. Or the Orioles, who haven't won in 30+ years. Or the Blue Jays, who haven't won in almost 25 years. You aren't making sense.

BearUp

Liked Posts:
No, just, no. If that were the case, why not go with the Rangers? Their drought is nearly as long, and they have a much larger market. Or the Orioles, who haven't won in 30+ years. Or the Blue Jays, who haven't won in almost 25 years. You aren't making sense.

Actually, good point. If baseball were going to be fixed, it would never be an Illinois baseball team vs an Ohio baseball team. Has an Illinois team even faced an Ohio team in the series before?? Does anyone have this info - has it ever been Illinois VS Ohio in the series before?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2016/11/03/cursed-teams-make-for-good-tv-world-series-game-7-scores-boffo-ratings/

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Actually, good point. If baseball were going to be fixed, it would never be an Illinois baseball team vs an Ohio baseball team. Has an Illinois team even faced an Ohio team in the series before?? Does anyone have this info - has it ever been Illinois VS Ohio in the series before?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2016/11/03/cursed-teams-make-for-good-tv-world-series-game-7-scores-boffo-ratings/
For fucks sake, ratings were good because it was the cubs first world series in 71 years. Why is it so hard to comprehend that the cubs, in this situation, would've had much better ratings against a team with a larger market? Up until game 5, 6, & 7 especially, the ratings were barely above the average they've been. Even with the great ratings, the Yankees and fucking diamondbacks had more viewers. Your posts are getting continually Special person. Red Sox/Cubs would've likely averaged 30 million viewers. Yankees/Cubs would probably do even better, and may have been the most watched world series ever.

Sent from my bathroom using toilet talk

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
For fucks sake, ratings were good because it was the cubs first world series in 71 years. Why is it so hard to comprehend that the cubs, in this situation, would've had much better ratings against a team with a larger market? Up until game 5, 6, & 7 especially, the ratings were barely above the average they've been. Even with the great ratings, the Yankees and fucking diamondbacks had more viewers. Your posts are getting continually Special person. Red Sox/Cubs would've likely averaged 30 million viewers. Yankees/Cubs would probably do even better, and may have been the most watched world series ever.

I can't believe you are continuing this discussion with this idiot. You cannot reason someone out of a position that they did not reason themselves into.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I've seen my team win the world series 3 times, come back from 0-3 in the ALCS, and this still might be the best game I've ever had the pleasure to watch.

Yeah but those series were rarely competitive. Lol. The 3rd one was the most competitive out of them right?

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I can't believe you are continuing this discussion with this idiot. You cannot reason someone out of a position that they did not reason themselves into.
I get too bored sometimes.

Rise

Liked Posts:
Yeah but the 2004 ALCS comeback was one of the greatest moments in mlb history. But yeah the first 2 WS we swept.

I loved that comeback. Totally jumped on the bandwagon and was routing hard for the Red Sox. The first game I watched was game 4, and for some reason I just had a feeling they could comeback so I watched. Was hooked after that.

Until this year it was my favorite baseball memory. I knew what you guys were going through, and I wanted to drink it in man.

Mitchapalooza

I loved that comeback. Totally jumped on the bandwagon and was routing hard for the Red Sox. The first game I watched was game 4, and for some reason I just had a feeling they could comeback so I watched. Was hooked after that.

Until this year it was my favorite baseball memory. I knew what you guys were going through, and I wanted to drink it in man.
That's why I was rooting so hard for the cubs this year. Coming back 0-3 for the first time in baseball history then going on to sweep the WS to break our curse was my favorite memory of baseball. Seeing a team with an even longer curse have a chance to break it, especially a team from my hometown, was amazing to see. I love chicago and the city deserved the win.

Glad you guys finally won!

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Yeah but the 2004 ALCS comeback was one of the greatest moments in mlb history. But yeah the first 2 WS we swept.

I remember gm 1 being a thriller with Mark Bellhorn being the unlikely hero (could be wrong though)

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
9107696_orig.jpg

I don't know...are we talking about Hollywood screenwriters again?

And finally, there’s the matter of Jackson’s play on the field. During the 1919 championship, the slugger made no errors and racked up 12 hits, a World Series record that stood until 1964. His batting average for the series (.375) was the highest on either team. If Jackson did try to throw the championship, his supporters argue, he did a pretty poor job.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Um, the Indians would certainly draw better since they were in the playoffs. Not to mention that an all Chicago World Series probably wouldn't be much of a national draw.

That's exactly what I said.