Best game ever in WS history?

Goose22

Liked Posts:
I am obviously biased, but considering the two teams involved in this series AND the way this game evolved throughout the 10 innings (or WS Game #8 - Sudden Death), however you want to look at it...Is this the best game in WS history? Is this the best WS in history? Is this the best sporting moment in sports history? Where does this game/series fall?

Just like everyone else posting on here, I have waited my whole life for this! Unbelievable season, unbelievable NLDS, unbelievable NLCS, and unbelievable WS! Have fun partying in ChiTown! I will be stuck here in Cards Nation, but rest assured, I am unloading on all of the Cards fans here for all the bullshit I have had to put up with for the last 40+years! CONGRATS FELLW CUBS FANS! GO CUBS GO!

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Maybe Best Series ever. Great Pitching Duels. A grand slam, and loads of offense late. A team coming back from a 3-1 deficit. A 3 run rally in the 8th of game 7, on 2 outs, to tie it. A 1 run win in 10 innings in game 7.

Having watched it, my nerves couldn't take it. But, I'll savor the memory of this Cubs team, and this series, for the rest of my life!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wklink

CBMB refugee
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It certainly ranks up there. Few World Series live up to the hype but this one sure did. Both teams went from the highest of highs to lowest of lows and in our case back to the highest of highs again. And the ending was fantastic. The game was never for sure up until the last out.

You can't wish for a better World Series if you are a baseball player. To be honest I had no idea what the Cleveland Indians were as a baseball team and after that Series I became a fan. That was a good team, a gritty team and a true baseball team. For sure I would have been disappointed if the Cubs had lost that game but if we had to lose it should have been to a team like that. Hats off to them, they battled all the way to the end.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Might have been the best game ever, Rizzo and Bryant thought so. Might have been one of the worst managed series with both Maddon and Francona showing too much of their closing cast.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's definitely in the conversation with Twins-Cards Game 7 and Twins-Braves Game 7.

Rise

Liked Posts:
It's top 3-5, to us obviously it is #1.

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
We are all too young to remember the Bill Mazurasky (sp?) walk off, but what made last night incredible was the emotional roller coaster.

And then the rain delay - that had to be the biggest - ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME? - moment of any World Series.

When they showed the radar, that shit looked like at least a 90 min delay.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
I work in DC and I can not tell you how many people have told me they stayed up (we are an hour later) to watch the finish of that game even though they were Orioles or Nationals fans. All of them said it was one of the best game 7 they have ever seen.

Every single one of them said Congrats to me, and initially I thought "I didn't do anything" other than suffer through so many poor seasons and heartbreak.

I grew up in outside Peoria, and even within my family we were divided between Cardinals and Cubs. All of the Cards fans in my family were rooting for the Cubs.

I would imagine if you are a baseball fan, this World Series had to feel like the reason that we all watch.

Maybe I would be singing a different tune if we lost, but man I feel great today, but a little tired.

BearUp

Liked Posts:
Did any rational person ever doubt from day one of this season the Cubs would win the World Series?? If this is the best baseball has to offer, boy is it BORING. Boring series, boring game. I wanted to be a Cubs (am a Bears fan) / baseball fan but there is just no excitement. I remember when they were down 3-1 and my wife was like "oh no" and I just looked at her weird... "Um, there is ZERO chance this does not get to game 7 and there is ZERO chance the Cubs do not win." Like the MLB was going the let this cash-cow end 2 games early and loose all that additional revenue.

If this game 7 is one of the "best" how boring are the others!?

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
The game went until almost 1am EST. The game did a 25 rating. The KC/SF Game 7 two years ago was the highest with a 15.

Almost sorry for Cleveland fans. EVERYONE on the planet - including the British guys I work with in London - wanted to the Cubs to win.

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
Did any rational person ever doubt from day one of this season the Cubs would win the World Series?? If this is the best baseball has to offer, boy is it BORING. Boring series, boring game. I wanted to be a Cubs (am a Bears fan) / baseball fan but there is just no excitement. I remember when they were down 3-1 and my wife was like "oh no" and I just looked at her weird... "Um, there is ZERO chance this does not get to game 7 and there is ZERO chance the Cubs do not win." Like the MLB was going the let this cash-cow end 2 games early and loose all that additional revenue.

If this game 7 is one of the "best" how boring are the others!?

I hope this is satire.

BearUp

Liked Posts:
I hope this is satire.

It is not. No drama. Just boring. I am just that personality type I suppose. I don't like "super hero" movies for the same reason because you know the ending. "Oh no, the superhero is going to lose... Oh wait!!!" Just boring, predictable script.

BearUp

Liked Posts:
Team wins World Series for first time in over 100 years...'predictable!'

I assume you made a killing in Vegas.

Couldn't - Vegas knew the Cubs would win too; and I do not gamble. If you doubted the Cubs would win this year I don't know what to say...

85Bears

Formerly known as 85Bears
Donator
Liked Posts:
Every single one of them said Congrats to me, and initially I thought "I didn't do anything" other than suffer through so many poor seasons and heartbreak.

That counts.

BearUp

Liked Posts:
Yep. Because its routine for the team with the best regular season record to win the World Series. Its like a 1:1 ratio. Thats why the Vegas line for the Cubs at the beginning of the season started out as 'even money' and proceeded to go down to the point where if you bet $100 on the Cubs you'd win $5.

I am not a gambler so I barely know what you're talking about. All I know is the MLB needed something to revitalize their sport and this was the obvious answer. Any doubt this WS would bring in record profits and invited millions of new fans to baseball? You can't honestly think that from before this season began there was any chance another team would win the WS...?

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
It is not. No drama. Just boring. I am just that personality type I suppose. I don't like "super hero" movies for the same reason because you know the ending. "Oh no, the superhero is going to lose... Oh wait!!!" Just boring, predictable script.

There was nothing predictable about that series or game. If you think so, you've clearly never watched sports.

Game 7 will go down as one of the most talked about single games for drama/outcome ever. Not unlike the Pats/Seattle SB.

Monk

I hate acronyms
Donator
Liked Posts:
Having an idea the Cubs would win equals the game was predictable? Lol. I'm running on about two hours sleep and I'm not that stupid

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
I am not a gambler so I barely know what you're talking about. All I know is the MLB needed something to revitalize their sport and this was the obvious answer. Any doubt this WS would bring in record profits and invited millions of new fans to baseball? You can't honestly think that from before this season began there was any chance another team would win the WS...?

You aren't gambler, nor are you a critical thinker.

You are honestly suggesting that a team was ordained - over a 162 game season?

Surely we can agree that the Cubs winning was the best story/thing for baseball (and going game 7) but you think it was fixed? Is that what you are saying?

If these games/series are fixed then why wouldn't every WS feature big market teams like the Cubs, Yankees, Boston, Atlanta, etc. I'm sure Cleveland and KC aren't first choices for 'big revenue/revitalize the game'