Close
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by TC in Mississippi View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Absolutely. It's why I didn't want him resigned. Right now his velocity drops when he's tired but what happens when his velocity drops due to age? I'm glad we don't have to find out.

On the Maddon front, sure he fucked up. Everyone fucks up. I would have rather he owned up to this and took the heat as he normally does but I think winning a World Series stroked his ego a bit and he didn't. I frankly don't care at this point. We won the Word Series and we've spent 8 pages bitching about the manager's mistakes. I'm over it.
    That makes two of us. Besides, there is absolutely no guarantee that had he done things "by the book" that it would have worked out well for the Cubs. I'm a firm believer that the only bad managerial move is one that doesn't work. It doesn't matter if you go miles out of your way to get to your destination...only that you get there.

2. A message from our sponsors.

Please Register(it's free!) and Login to get rid of this advertisement.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Very good read here. It really kills the excuse that Chapman was overused or tired in that 8th inning where he was hit.

"The average velocity of those 13 pitches was 100 on the nose, just slightly slower than the 100.6 Chapman had averaged in the postseason before that appearance. The pitches' horizontal movement, at an average of 4.3 inches, was almost identical to his pitch movement (4.6 inches) during the season. His release point, at 6.36 feet from the ground, was a pinkie fingernail from his norm, far less than his normal game-to-game variance."

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/1...test-game-ever

4. A message from our sponsors.
    Please Register(it's free!) and Login to get rid of this advertisement.

Do you want to advertise with ChiCitySports?
    Ranked #1 Chicagoland sports news and message board online.
    A great opportunity for advertising and exposure, with an active base of fresh consumers always looking for sports-related items and miscellaneous "guy stuff".
    Please go here if you are interested in a multitude of placements on this site.
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789