Theo Epstein

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
This guy is fucking incredible... and contrary to popular belief, he is human. hah.
[video=youtube;M4K2-q-x7wk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4K2-q-x7wk[/video]

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I echoed his sentiment. People tried blowing me up soon as they won and I was in Wrigleyville with the Cubs' faithful looking at my phone like fuuuuck youuuuu. I was in the moment and no one was going to get me to talk or text with them until I was good and ready to.

KadaCova

Liked Posts:
Red Sox and Cubs... Is he going to look for his next project now?

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
He re-signed for 5 more years. Not for a while at least.

Yeah, he's only 42 and seems to really love it here as opposed to weird power struggles still in Boston even after winning it all. No matter even if he does, didn't they still win 2 more after he left? We're in a good place. Can't believe he's only 42.... I'm more worried about Jed leaving.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah, he's only 42 and seems to really love it here as opposed to weird power struggles still in Boston even after winning it all. No matter even if he does, didn't they still win 2 more after he left? We're in a good place. Can't believe he's only 42.... I'm more worried about Jed leaving.

Epstein won two in Boston. The '13 championship was after he left.

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
Epstein is a first ballot HOF'er and the most brilliant FO Exec of the modern era. He won two WS with Boston and his finger prints were all over Boston's third title. Now he's won one with us and our window is just opening. Too many amazing moves to list:

1) Acquiring Rizzo.
2) Acquiring Russell.
3) Signing Lester.
4) Drafting Babe Schwarber.
5) Drafting Kris Bryant.
6) Acquiring Chapman.
7) Signing Zobrist.

Our core is going to be very, very good for an extended period.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Epstein is a first ballot HOF'er and the most brilliant FO Exec of the modern era. He won two WS with Boston and his finger prints were all over Boston's third title. Now he's won one with us and our window is just opening. Too many amazing moves to list:

1) Acquiring Rizzo.
2) Acquiring Russell.
3) Signing Lester.
4) Drafting Babe Schwarber.
5) Drafting Kris Bryant.
6) Acquiring Chapman.
7) Signing Zobrist.

Our core is going to be very, very good for an extended period.

I remember years ago people here(No surprise...people like the "Sultan of Wrong" Parade_Rain....) bitching about him acquiring guys like Edwin Jackson or trading DJ LeMaheiu etc etc like his plan wasn't going to work and as a Red Sox fan as well just sitting here defending it and laughing the entire time knowing what was coming and that it would eventually work.

Last edited:

Mitchapalooza

I remember years ago people here(No surprise...people like the "Sultan of Wrong" Parade_Rain....) bitching about him acquiring guys like Edwin Jackson or trading DJ LeMaheiu etc etc like his plan wasn't going to work and as a Red Sox fan as well just sitting here defending it and laughing the entire time knowing what was coming and that it would eventually work.
You're a red sox fan too? Yay I'm not alone. They're my #1 team but I wanted to see the cubs win it bad this year.

Mr. Cub

2016 World Series Champs!
Liked Posts:
Legend. 2 cities.

KingDarude7

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
How many more championships do we win? 2 in the next 4 or 5 years I think it's doable

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:

Im pretty positive when I first came to this board that it was you and Rory bitching about him and the FO.