HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Rizzo is the one that makes me smile. He just looks so damn happy, like a kid on top of the world.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
I replayed that Bryant smile for my wife and kids a few times, will never forget the unbridled enthusiasm and joy, it was beautiful to witness.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Rizzo is the one that makes me smile. He just looks so damn happy, like a kid on top of the world.
Rizzo looked like a fan during the game. He was geeking out on base with that "is this really happening" grin on his face.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Only because there is so much dark history it looked like at the last second he slipped while throwing and I just thought..."Oh no"...for a split second....

Washington

Liked Posts:
By far one of the coolest plays I've witnessed as a Cubs fan of over 50 years. He f'ing knew it. It was so damn awesome to watch.

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
Just like a kid playing a game he loves. Literally and figuratively. He's only 24. Many, many more years of watching him.

Exactly this. It's like he transformed, but for a moment, into that 10 year old kid again in the back yard, pretending you're winning game 7 of the world series, only to realize you are actually there, and its actually happening. I literally feel like I can see and feel the essence of Bryant as a kid doing that, like we just witnessed something from Field of Dreams, and that image will stay with me forever. It was so powerful to see live.

Shawon0Meter

PLAYOFFS?!?
Donator
Liked Posts:
hahaha...he's so much more relaxed than any of the fans in that moment

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
You should re-read your posts from the Game 4 thread, they're great.

The famous "heart break" posts of Game 4 actually pale in comparison to my posts from the 8th inning of Game 7 and after game 3 in the NLCS. Don't you remember my "Urias to throw a no-hitter" post?