Fowler says he will be free agent

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think fatbeard nailed it. He put a lot of pressure on himself to perform to his contract. I don't know if he will match .293, but I am certain he will work hard to fix what is wrong and he will have a better year at the dish next season.

Well, one thing is certain. There's no way he can hit in worse luck than last year....this game has a way of balancing things. If so, he's got a lot of good breaks coming his way.

oober

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Regarding Fowler.... The Patriots are so good at dumping players, before they become bad. I would like to see the Cubs do the same. Let's not get into any bad contracts... Let Fowler walk and bring up some of the depth in the minors. Now if Fowler will sign a 3 yr contract that is team friendly, I am all for it. Let's not see the late 2000's with the insanely bad contracts that pretty much fucked this team.

Shawon0Meter

PLAYOFFS?!?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Regarding Fowler.... The Patriots are so good at dumping players, before they become bad. I would like to see the Cubs do the same. Let's not get into any bad contracts... Let Fowler walk and bring up some of the depth in the minors. Now if Fowler will sign a 3 yr contract that is team friendly, I am all for it. Let's not see the late 2000's with the insanely bad contracts that pretty much fucked this team.
too late

:cubstroll2:

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Lots of chatter in the Canadian media that the Jays are going to take a run at Fowler. They want a left handed bad, lead off man and OF help.

He obviously is perfect.

Might be the reason they signed Morales and appear to be letting Edwin walk.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Considering what the cubs had in 2015, signing Heyward was ok on the premise he was going to center to keep the rotation of Schwarber, Soler, Bryant and Zobrist with Sczcur able to take over late. Its just been a bunch of why's after that. Sure Fowler took out Schwarber in the regular season, but he really is not that good to handle left to right field. There were no whinings about Soler or Schwarber all season, but first chance under the bright lights in 40 degree weather and they both looked bad.

Everyone who likes Javy Baez' glove will love Christian Villanuevas glove. If he is not dealt, he needs to be on the roster after the broken leg, which even opens up more outfield time for Bryant and Zobrist. This is just like getting Arrieta and Strop for throw ins with the orioles to have Hendricks and Villanueva from the Dempster dump. Anyway, there really is not a reason to pay Fowler 100million over 4 or 5 years, the cubs need to find their leadoff man. For all purposes now, it might be Willson Contrares.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Considering what the cubs had in 2015, signing Heyward was ok on the premise he was going to center to keep the rotation of Schwarber, Soler, Bryant and Zobrist with Sczcur able to take over late. Its just been a bunch of why's after that. Sure Fowler took out Schwarber in the regular season, but he really is not that good to handle left to right field. There were no whinings about Soler or Schwarber all season, but first chance under the bright lights in 40 degree weather and they both looked bad.

Everyone who likes Javy Baez' glove will love Christian Villanuevas glove. If he is not dealt, he needs to be on the roster after the broken leg, which even opens up more outfield time for Bryant and Zobrist. This is just like getting Arrieta and Strop for throw ins with the orioles to have Hendricks and Villanueva from the Dempster dump. Anyway, there really is not a reason to pay Fowler 100million over 4 or 5 years, the cubs need to find their leadoff man. For all purposes now, it might be Willson Contrares.

Most likely they will look to use him in a minor trade to get arms of a team that can use 3B depth. They don't need him with Baez arguably a better 3B than Bryant.

Mr. Cub

2016 World Series Champs!
Liked Posts:
With most thinking Fowler leaving is a given and the Cubs not really having a real lead off guy now outside of maybe Zobrist, do we sign or trade for one?
Any good ones in free agency?

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
With most thinking Fowler leaving is a given and the Cubs not really having a real lead off guy now outside of maybe Zobrist, do we sign or trade for one?
Any good ones in free agency?

I think they might consider Willson leading off. Maybe Heyward if he focuses on getting his swing free of the glitches and getting on base this off season. LEadoff is a hole in the lineup, but Schwarber will hit second when he plays again, putting Bryant and Rizzo third or fourth, so moving Zo up is not that bad of a thing either. I am thinking maybe they go back to hitting the pitcher 8th and a second leadoff guy again. Right now I just hope Dexter signs quickly so we are not holding out if he is coming back. This team is loaded so bringing in another one is just going to jam things up again. I mean we can consider Happ possibly coming up in June kinda like Schwarber did last year right?