Dexter Fowler

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Miller is the type of talent that chooses you and you pay it if you are so lucky.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
We shall see. I'm hoping not though. I hope they stick to it with what they have. Force the hand of the White Sox to do something.

You may be getting your wish. Looks like Hahn might actually be the guy with enough stones to get Reinsdorf to finally commit to doing what's needed to be done for the last 7 or 8 years for this franchise. I just hope for the sake of the few dedicated White Sox fans left that he can pull it off.

http://www.csnchicago.com/chicago-white-sox/gm-rick-hahn-hints-rebuild-could-be-horizon-white-sox?utm_source=Master+List&utm_campaign=b163785c6e-Daily+CSNChicago.com+E-Blast&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_42daa4c82a-b163785c6e-251516509

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
You may be getting your wish. Looks like Hahn might actually be the guy with enough stones to get Reinsdorf to finally commit to doing what's needed to be done for the last 7 or 8 years for this franchise. I just hope for the sake of the few dedicated White Sox fans left that he can pull it off.

http://www.csnchicago.com/chicago-white-sox/gm-rick-hahn-hints-rebuild-could-be-horizon-white-sox?utm_source=Master+List&utm_campaign=b163785c6e-Daily+CSNChicago.com+E-Blast&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_42daa4c82a-b163785c6e-251516509

Again, without addressing the men doing the drafting/development it's a major step back.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I maintain a rebuild for this Sox team is completely moronic. You might not like our chances, but just because "rebuild" is in vogue after Cubs and Royals did it doesn't mean it's the right thing. I say that because we already have the cornerstones of a championship team, they just need to spend a moderate amount and they would compete for playoffs with their two aces, SS, 1B, Eaton in 2 hole. Who knows what Abreu would do with protection. They need a 3 hitter and a 5 and a leadoff and Andrew Miller. I know that is a lot, but it's not really if you trust your other pieces. Get the catcher from Milwaukee that can hit too.

But if you have sale and Quintana for another three years you don't rebuild!! You build around that.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I maintain a rebuild for this Sox team is completely moronic. You might not like our chances, but just because "rebuild" is in vogue after Cubs and Royals did it doesn't mean it's the right thing. I say that because we already have the cornerstones of a championship team, they just need to spend a moderate amount and they would compete for playoffs with their two aces, SS, 1B, Eaton in 2 hole. Who knows what Abreu would do with protection. They need a 3 hitter and a 5 and a leadoff and Andrew Miller. I know that is a lot, but it's not really if you trust your other pieces. Get the catcher from Milwaukee that can hit too.

But if you have sale and Quintana for another three years you don't rebuild!! You build around that.

God forbid they would pay full price for a single ACE to go with those two right? They have two cost controlled aces and that should be the envy of 25/32 teams. Buy one more, a 3 hitter, hope a 5 emerges, pay for a closer, slide Robertson into pen.

Many teams are further away than that, would spend the 40-50 million to be at average MLB salary if it meant they would compete. You get those 3 aces plus shields or other into the playoffs and that's a damn good chance.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

I totally agree. A left handed hitter to protect Abreau, a center fielder/lead-off guy, and a catcher would make the team a contender next year. Oh yeah, a good right handed starting pitcher would be on my wish list also.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I totally agree. A left handed hitter to protect Abreau, a center fielder/lead-off guy, and a catcher would make the team a contender next year. Oh yeah, a good right handed starting pitcher would be on my wish list also.

And a closer though. I mean we blew like 20 7th inning leads so that right there would have made for an interesting year if we go 17-3 like a normal team there.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Kenny's been locked in that thought process for over 10 years now, and it's produced nothing but misery. Two TOR starters make you dangerous in the Playoff format, but they don't guarantee you getting there.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Kenny's been locked in that thought process for over 10 years now, and it's produced nothing but misery. Two TOR starters make you dangerous in the Playoff format, but they don't guarantee you getting there.

Amen!

JP Hochbaum

Liked Posts:

God forbid they would pay full price for a single ACE to go with those two right? They have two cost controlled aces and that should be the envy of 25/32 teams. Buy one more, a 3 hitter, hope a 5 emerges, pay for a closer, slide Robertson into pen.

Many teams are further away than that, would spend the 40-50 million to be at average MLB salary if it meant they would compete. You get those 3 aces plus shields or other into the playoffs and that's a damn good chance.

They had similar pieces like that for about ten years and tried to fill around them. It just doesn't work that way. One injury, one bad year, and that plan is not going to work, and historically that almost always happens.

Se the Cubs rebuilt and only had to sign two pieces: a Rf and a 5th starter. One of them sucked at the plate but in the end it didn't matter because they needed to fill only one spot.

When you try to fill more than 2 then you run huge risks of failure, and the Sox last decade has shown you guys that it doesn't work: Laroche, Dunn, Rios, Peavey, Shields, Robertson, etc.. The list goes on and on of failed signings to fill needs. Stop pretending this works!