David Ross as a Bench Coach in 2017?

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not sure if this has been rumored or talked about?

Seems like he has the disposition for it and was a tremendous influence on a young roster..that will still be very young moving forward.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Let him take a year or two. Make some TV appearances, maybe even grab an analyst gig for 2-3 years. Then dive into managing fresh. Thats a long career, take some time away to apreciate baseball.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Let him take a year or two. Make some TV appearances, maybe even grab an analyst gig for 2-3 years. Then dive into managing fresh. Thats a long career, take some time away to apreciate life.

Ftfy

Sent from my bathroom using toilet talk

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Let him take a year or two. Make some TV appearances, maybe even grab an analyst gig for 2-3 years. Then dive into managing fresh. Thats a long career, take some time away to apreciate baseball.
Many take a year off and are lost without being attached to the game. Once a ball player, always a ball player. I would be surprised if it takes Ross more than a year to get back into it.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I would assume he would be some kind of consultant where he wouldnt have to travel. He will be back on the bench soon enough. He is going to be a manager and could be the heir apparent to Maddon. Joe will be 63 next year and the way he likes to live life. I could see him retiring a little young.

Mr. Cub

2016 World Series Champs!
Liked Posts:
Rossy could be a good one for this team. You could see how most, if not all the players loved Ross as a teammate. Riz was choked up talking about him. So it could be good to have him around these guys again one day.

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:
Ross is going to get away from the game. Yes I expect him back, and with the Cubs at some point.

Next year, I think he will spot appear during the season, and most definitely, be there for a series or two in the playoffs.

He has put his time in, and he strikes me as the family guy. That 8 month commitment will no longer exist, and for a while, he is going to like it a lot.