Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That's not how I read the article. It seemed like it was Hornacek, not Rose, who was making the decision to not run the triangle. Further, it is an accurate statement that running pick and roll plays to the strengths of Rose and possibly Porzingis and Melo as well. The Rose/Porzingis pick and roll/pop option is pretty deadly imo.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
That's not how I read the article. It seemed like it was Hornacek, not Rose, who was making the decision to not run the triangle. Further, it is an accurate statement that running pick and roll plays to the strengths of Rose and possibly Porzingis and Melo as well. The Rose/Porzingis pick and roll/pop option is pretty deadly imo.

Did the article mention how antiquated the triangle offense is in 2016?

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Did the article mention how antiquated the triangle offense is in 2016?
Sort of

Jackson's teams in Chicago and Los Angeles, of course, won a combined 11 NBA titles while running the triangle offense. Last month, though, Jackson noted that today's players may not be suited to run that system."How do you teach a system that requires so many fundamental skills to players that really haven't been taught some of that basic stuff?" Jackson said on The Big Podcast with Shaquille O'Neal. "Footwork and passing and all those rudiment type of skills that are learned that have been, that have changed over a few years? It's a different game.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Princeton/Triangles rarely ever work historically. With 3 swingmen and an elite player, you can torch teams in any era. But how often can you find a setup of multiple high-rotation swingmen with that kind of chemistry? It's a square peg in a round hole for every team in the league.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think Houston would have the skeleton of the right team for Phil Jackson.

Parsons being one of the swingmen for sure.

Beverly maybe being a 3 and D point guard that doesn't need to handle the ball.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
is Phil Jackson ever happy?

he is the Zen master. I don't think he perceives happy and unhappy the same as most of us. He is being critical and reminding peeps what he brought them here for.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Speaking about Jackson.........Apparently Lebron implied something to the effect that Jackson used a racist term to describe a player or players having a "POSSE". Don't know the particulars of it but I do not get the correlation between the word POSSE and racism.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
I wouldn't be to worried about how Rose fits in, chances are he won't finish the season playing up right on his two legs.

cjswan232482

Liked Posts:
Everybody knows the triangle marginalizes point guards and it often takes the ball out of his hands. To say all Derrick Rose can do is pick and roll is reaching to take a shot. As far as Rose SAT scores, his basketball IQ was just fine when he was MVP, so spare me. Less than 5 percent of the league has a degree.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Speaking about Jackson.........Apparently Lebron implied something to the effect that Jackson used a racist term to describe a player or players having a "POSSE". Don't know the particulars of it but I do not get the correlation between the word POSSE and racism.

Yeah..the media coverage of that little spat was poor. Lol whenever Lebron tries to be an intellectual. First of all...Lebron had every right to call out Jackson about using the term "posse" to refer to his empire team. These are empowered and successful individuals, not enabled and not hangers on. They are elite business men running his empire and he had to stick up for them in that way.

Given the possibliy systematic, but certainly imbalanced persecution of black communities around America by a dysfunctional legal system, and now "for-profit" system exploitive of the poor, Lebron was right to stick his nose in that discussion too.

Where Lebron lost me was when he implied Jackson was "dead to him" over using the term posse. I realize how sensitive we all are getting, and I recognize Lebrons right to object to that term for the criminal intonations, but I believe blacklisting someone for a minor mistake is a bigger crime than the original.

Don't limit my language. We should be allowed to speak and make mistakes. There are other weighted thoughts in the metaphor of posse, like strong brotherhood, team, and cooperative energy. Posse can refer to a group that has your back.

If you start making the white man feel he can't speak without making a mistake than you will get the racist backlash that emerged. If Lebron wants to be a leader he needs to address the situation form the high ground, with grace, forgiveness, and patience.

We should remember the Standford prison experiments. One lesson from them was the ability to control a population is enhanced when you create faction or groups, and are able to direct the negative energies and anger against each other. All of a sudden the guards job is easy.

When you see the racist undertones from the left, about how these racist white uneducated honkies are out for you and the police will shoot you, and from the right that these worthless leeching violent beggars of society.

When you understand that the 1% socioeconomic elite control the media, and the prisons, and congress it is intersting to see this pattern of dissention coming down from both sides and infusing a race war into america.

Poor whites and poor blacks face many of the same battles but are divided. Because this factioning is expected we should not trust it, and its up to us to end racism at the base level and overthrow and out of control elite financial class to create a fairer world for all.

But they won't make it easy guys, they are infusing our minds with racist hatred everyday. We can't buy in. We can call attention to the use of the word posse, but to say a man is dead to us for it is out of magnitude.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Yeah..the media coverage of that little spat was poor. Lol whenever Lebron tries to be an intellectual.

What he did in calling attention to Jackson's words and the interpretation of it...and forcing Jackson to have to defend himself showed intellect on Lebron's part. Let's not act as if Lebron is some dumb jock incapable of intellect.