Chapman seeking $100M deal

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Hearing Jansen supposedly looking for 5/85 and supposedly cubs are favored to land him (whatever that worth)

Chapman supposedly looking for 5/100

My question is...

Is Jansen that much better of a pitcher and/ or less of a risk then Chapman , that an extra 3 mil more a year to retain Chapman makes that much of difference between the two

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk

Jams n should age better as Mario did being a cut fast ball pitcher. Chapman drops down to 98 he becomes human and screwed with a strait fastball. He would have to establish other pitches and that is scary knowing he is making that much.

So it is really not about the 3 mil per difference. It is more about the whole deal and who nets the best value over it.

DanTown

Liked Posts:
I feel like the Cubs are driving up the price solely to make the Dodgers pay for him because the Dodgers bullpen is such a mess that they literally cannot afford to let Jensen go OR they want to make a team like the Giants have to pay 110% to get him. The Cubs would have been much more aggressive in going after Andrew Miller if they truly are thinking of paying that much for a reliever because you don't give up Torres+McKinney for a rental if you also feel comfortable paying 18 million / year for a closer and then losing a first round pick to do it.