Chapman seeking $100M deal

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:
Well good luck with that Aroodis, not going to be here...

Move on to Edwards then (I personally don't mind)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Melancon, Jansen, or trade for one.

No way do I give him anywhere close to that. They already proved he is losing his stuff somewhat or they are catching up to it, and he can't play defense.

That's the beauty of winning it all. Now they can pick and choose their battles.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Robertson for Happ. Done deal. :pray:

chibears55

Liked Posts:
If not Chapman , they better hope they can land another...
Edwards not a closer
Rondon.. cubs showed they don't trust him anymore

Jansen gonna cost almost as much.

I wouldn't mind seeing what it take to get Miller.

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk

JaySix

Liked Posts:
Edwards not a closer

Just curious what makes you think Edwards is not a closer?

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
Edwards not a closer

Why is Edwards not a closer? He looks almost prototypical to me. Now, that said, he may not be quite ready but he does deserve a shot.

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
Why is Edwards not a closer? He looks almost prototypical to me. Now, that said, he may not be quite ready but he does deserve a shot.

I agree. I think Edwards has dominant closer written all over him. His stuff is electric. Only question is if he's ready right now or not.

We can always make a mid season acquisition again.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
I could be wrong but I just don't see him being that guy that can consistently do the job and close out games ...

Yes he got good stuff and sure he may be able to save some games, but I just don't see him able to consistently do it...

I see him being more successful in a set up roll....

That said, if their plan is to give him that shot..
I hope he proves me wrong

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
I could be wrong but I just don't see him being that guy that can consistently do the job and close out games ...

Yes he got good stuff and sure he may be able to save some games, but I just don't see him able to consistently do it...

I see him being more successful in a set up roll....

That said, if their plan is to give him that shot..
I hope he proves me wrong

Well, his curve ball is filthy and he throws 97mph. So he definitely has the "stuff" to be dominant. But he is super young and it can take time for closers to psychologically develop the mental strength/confidence. But man, he looked pretty damn good in the 10th inning of Game 7 - and certainly the second half of the season. Heck, batters could hardly hit him.

We'll see. Maybe he's not ready yet. I'm hopeful Rondon has a bounce back year with a full off season and ST to get healthy. But we can always acquire a guy in July again.

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:
I agree. I think Edwards has dominant closer written all over him. His stuff is electric. Only question is if he's ready right now or not.

My preference would be to get Melancon to go along with Edwards. Cost is cheaper as both could close out games, and then focus heavy on the lefties for the bullpen.

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
Well, his curve ball is filthy and he throws 97mph. So he definitely has the "stuff" to be dominant. But he is super young and it can take time for closers to psychologically develop the mental strength/confidence. But man, he looked pretty damn good in the 10th inning of Game 7 - and certainly the second half of the season. Heck, batters could hardly hit him.

We'll see. Maybe he's not ready yet. I'm hopeful Rondon has a bounce back year with a full off season and ST to get healthy. But we can always acquire a guy in July again.

Add Greg Holland to that mix and let the three of them compete for the job.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Once, while Taco's wife was on the phone he painted a smilie face on his dick. He showed it to her while she was talking and she laughed so hard she had to hang up the phone

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
Once, while Taco's wife was on the phone he painted a smilie face on his dick. He showed it to her while she was talking and she laughed so hard she had to hang up the phone

Its about time we addressed the wide spread mod-sponsored epidemic of Zobie Hating that is slowly and methodically destroying the very fabric of this board.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:

He looked pretty good for the first two outs in the 10th inning, but the closer's job is to get the last out. I am really worried that Theo is going to get pappelbon.

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
He looked pretty good for the first two outs in the 10th inning, but the closer's job is to get the last out. I am really worried that Theo is going to get pappelbon.

If Theo was going to pick up Pappelbon he would have done it already. The guy can't pitch anymore which is why no one signed him down the stretch.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

I wouldn't mind giving Edwards the role in April and May and seeing what he does with it.

If he cannot handle it you trade for a guy. But the experience will be valuable even if he is in the 8th inning down the stretch.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Hearing Jansen supposedly looking for 5/85 and supposedly cubs are favored to land him (whatever that worth)

Chapman supposedly looking for 5/100

My question is...

Is Jansen that much better of a pitcher and/ or less of a risk then Chapman , that an extra 3 mil more a year to retain Chapman makes that much of difference between the two

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I wouldnt be surprised if they went after him. Jed has not sounded like they would go that direction but with Rondon shakey and Strop in his last year of control it wilould be a wise investment to stablize the pen over the next few years.