Alex DeBrincat

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
In a move that surprised a whole hell of a lot of people, DeBrincat was cut from the US team currently preparing for the World Juniors.

I don't think the US scouting department is even respected right now, but U.S. juniors generally rely on size, strength, and speed to compete with their more skilled foreign players.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
I don't think the US scouting department is even respected right now, but U.S. juniors generally rely on size, strength, and speed to compete with their more skilled foreign players.

Well these are the same people (I think) that picked the complete failure of a team that played in the World Cup of Hockey in September.

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wouldn't be totally shocking to see him get the call-up after the OHL season ends.

This is my prediction. Saad and Shaw did the same if I recall correctly.

RVB2

Liked Posts:
Very promising kid but my God the size , yet on the other hand, look at Gaudreault

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
He apparently has been known to have some bad attitude, kinda grittiness on ice but rubs off the team usa in the past poorly for how he was.. and is considered a guy that doesn't show up to their camps looking good.

The Hawks other prospect Chad Krys the other 2nd round pick or was he a 3rd? idk, a speedy skating Dman without a full developed game yet was also cut by Team USA but probably makes more sense. Though IDK what their Dcore looks like if he was a rarity of speed back there and they have a bunch of big d thumpers or a good mix.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Its good to see the hawks having some reserves Someone is going to Vegas

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This kid doesn't appear to have Kane's mad skill set but he sure looks like a terrific finisher. If that's what his game is then his size will hurt him a bit when trying to get to the prime scoring areas in the NHL..but who knows? Everyone thought Denis Savard was too small.

[video=youtube;Pbbgvk3m-rY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pbbgvk3m-rY[/video]

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
Its good to see the hawks having some reserves Someone is going to Vegas

I don't know if the Hawks are having reserves about DeBrincat, and if you are taking about him going to Vegas - the Blackhawks won't even have to worry about it because he cannot be exposed in the draft. Due to the below rule

"All first- and second-year professionals, as well as all unsigned draft choices, will be exempt from selection (and will not be counted toward their club's applicable protection limits)."

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
The Hawks signed him to his ELC 2 months ago, clearly they don't look to have reserves and probably plan for him to join at least the Icehogs after the OHL seasons over and be a pro trying to get chances to make the Hawks next year or in the AHL.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Daaaamnnn. 2+ points per game.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Please god let us have a little Kane / hellcat /Tyler Johnson hybrid emerge.

That is crazy we got him in the second round and crazy he is doing that. I can't wait to see his early Hawk minutes, am anticipating a legend.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Blackhawks prospect Alex DeBrincat ties 40-year-old OHL record with 50-goal season
The 2016 second-round pick becomes the first U.S.-born player in league history to record three 50-goal seasons.

http://www.secondcityhockey.com/201...d-goals-erie-otters-blackhawks-prospects-2017

Very cool, thanks for posting it.

For those to lazy to read the whole thing:

"The Hawks signed DeBrincat to a three-year entry-level contract Nov. 7, 2016. He’s eligible to be called by up the Hawks once Erie’s season is over, although it’s hard to see him getting a NHL call so quickly. If the Hawks do want to see more from him, it’s more likely he’ll be sent to the Rockford IceHogs of the American League Hockey."

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Dale McCourt was 5'10" ;)

22162319.jpg

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
He'll Dylan Strome is 6'3" was drafted 3rd overall and is at his 4th season on that same ohl team. He only got 7 goals his first year and topped at 45.

Why panic when you can panik? via da Tapatalk