Close
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Illini BB

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

How much longer until that dipshit Crean gets fired? I remember him turning down the illini job when it was never offered

2. A message from our sponsors.

Please Register(it's free!) and Login to get rid of this advertisement.

You Can Call Me Al

Quote Originally Posted by bamainatlanta View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How much longer until that dipshit Crean gets fired? I remember him turning down the illini job when it was never offered
    According to the time stamp on your post: 28 minutes.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gustavus Adolphus For This Useful Post:

'15 & '16 Poster of year FirstTimer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Parade_Rain View Post
    Bryce Drew would also be my first choice, as I wanted him hired last year, but there is more smoke surrounding Bennett right now. I think Bennett's offense can be boring, but it's hard to argue with the success of winning the ACC.
    Marshall Crean or Drew I'd all be good with.

Quote Originally Posted by Gustavus Adolphus View Post
    According to the time stamp on your post: 28 minutes.
    Lol. Would have been good to see IU to keep him longer so they would continue to be not competitive. Wonder who they go after.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to bamainatlanta For This Useful Post:

Lol. Would have been good to see IU to keep him longer so they would continue to be not competitive. Wonder who they go after.
    IU won the Big 10 last season and had this season torpedoed due to injuries. Saw a tweet that I agree with that says IU and the base STILL haven't gotten over the Sweet 16 loss in 2013. That's been hanging over his head ever since.

What's odd is that IU is happy to see Crean leave but I think he'd a hell of a higher for Illinois.

Quote Originally Posted by FirstTimer View Post
    IU won the Big 10 last season and had this season torpedoed due to injuries. Saw a tweet that I agree with that says IU and the base STILL haven't gotten over the Sweet 16 loss in 2013. That's been hanging over his head ever since.

What's odd is that IU is happy to see Crean leave but I think he'd a hell of a higher for Illinois.
    He's had some good teams but his last real tournament success was with Dwayne Wade in 2003. Just read that IU might make a run at Bennett or Alford.

He's had some good teams but his last real tournament success was with Dwayne Wade in 2003. Just read that IU might make a run at Bennett or Alford.
    Alford would be an idiot to leave UCLA.

Bennett would possibly screw Illinois but I still like the fall back of Marshall

11. The Following User Says Thank You to FirstTimer For This Useful Post:

CCS Donator

Quote Originally Posted by FirstTimer View Post
    Alford would be an idiot to leave UCLA.

Bennett would possibly screw Illinois but I still like the fall back of Marshall
    Drew is the fallback for Bennett.

You Can Call Me Al

Greg Marshall has to get permission from the Koch brothers before he leaves.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Gustavus Adolphus For This Useful Post:

CCS Donator

Quote Originally Posted by Gustavus Adolphus View Post
    Greg Marshall has to get permission from the Koch brothers before he leaves.
    He does have a daughter who will be a senior in HS and that is going to complicate things for any team looking to hire him.

You Can Call Me Al

He does have a daughter who will be a senior in HS and that is going to complicate things for any team looking to hire him.
    http://deadspin.com/charles-koch-pon...hit-1695496201

Charles—who, along with his brother David, comprise the politically influential and obscenely rich duo in charge of Koch Industries—has financially backed Wichita State for years (the Shockers have played in Charles Koch Arena since 2003). Last December, the Kochs gifted $11.25 million to the school, with $4.5 million going to athletics. He and Marshall reportedly have a yearly meeting to discuss the “state of the program.” (To be clear, Koch is not Wichita State’s athletic director or university president.) So, of course, he played a hand in convincing Marshall not to take an enticing interview at Alabama. Marshall’s base salary stood at $1.85 million a year; Koch organized a group of boosters and raised that to about $3 million, according to the Wichita Eagle. The Shockers keep the best coach they’ve ever had, and he gets a top-10 salary. Everyone’s happy. Most importantly, Charles Koch is happy.

You Can Call Me Al

Tim Jankovich or Dan Hurley.

https://www.landof10.com/illinois/il...eremiah-tilmon

Javon Pickett is asking Illinois for a release from his letter of intent.

They also lost Jeremiah Tilmon, Tilmon is rated as the No. 8 power forward in the class by 247Sports and the 6-foot-10.5 East Saint Louis, Ill., native is the top recruit in his state. Tilmon has received heavy interest from Missouri, which has hired a new coach in Cuonzo Martin. The 247Sports Crystal Ball is listing Mizzou as the most likely landing spot for Tilmon.

I know Groce developed relationships with these players which is a big part of recruiting, but this team should do better under B Underwood.

Quote Originally Posted by Spunky Porkstacker View Post
    They also lost Jeremiah Tilmon, Tilmon is rated as the No. 8 power forward in the class by 247Sports and the 6-foot-10.5 East Saint Louis, Ill., native is the top recruit in his state. Tilmon has received heavy interest from Missouri, which has hired a new coach in Cuonzo Martin. The 247Sports Crystal Ball is listing Mizzou as the most likely landing spot for Tilmon.

I know Groce developed relationships with these players which is a big part of recruiting, but this team should do better under B Underwood.
    Groce wouldn't be able to do anything with his players anyway. Underwood will have his work cut out for him

CCS Donator

Quote Originally Posted by jooo83 View Post
    https://www.landof10.com/illinois/il...eremiah-tilmon

Javon Pickett is asking Illinois for a release from his letter of intent.
    Pickett was essentially part of a package deal to get Tilmon. With Tilmon asking out of LOI, this was a we will honor your NLI, but we won't hinder you from going elsewhere either kind of deal. IOW, it was mutual.

CCS Donator

Considering Underwood retained Walker, hired Orlando Antigua and 3rd assistant to be named will be a great pickup (believe me). They still have Frazier and D Williams coming in. BU is a top coach with top recruiters/excellent coaches as assistants. Not worried about the Tilmon defection in the slightest. It seems fairly typical of C Martin to make a splash initially at a school and fade after season three with roster issues looming. Look at the roster he had at Cal this season and he couldn't even win a game in the NIT.

The Illini only have 9 players under scholarship currently for the 2017-2018 season. What moves would you guys like to see this offseason?

Considering Underwood retained Walker, hired Orlando Antigua and 3rd assistant to be named will be a great pickup (believe me). They still have Frazier and D Williams coming in. BU is a top coach with top recruiters/excellent coaches as assistants. Not worried about the Tilmon defection in the slightest. It seems fairly typical of C Martin to make a splash initially at a school and fade after season three with roster issues looming. Look at the roster he had at Cal this season and he couldn't even win a game in the NIT.
    My point is they aren't picking a Duke or Kentucky team to go to.... Missouri, Drake?

CCS Donator

My point is they aren't picking a Duke or Kentucky team to go to.... Missouri, Drake?
    Who cares about losing a player whose decommitment was essentially a mutual agreement? Do you know how many unsigned seniors are still available with that level of talent? Antigua is a great assistant coach get by Underwood. Walker is a top recruiter and they will get a top recruiter for 3rd Asst too. Also, while Tilmon defection is a PR loss, he doesn't really fit Underwood's offense. Let's wait to see who they fill the class with. Illinois basketball is back in business in a big way. Whitman is a smart and visionary as an AD.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Parade_Rain For This Useful Post:

Who cares about losing a player whose decommitment was essentially a mutual agreement? Do you know how many unsigned seniors are still available with that level of talent? Antigua is a great assistant coach get by Underwood. Walker is a top recruiter and they will get a top recruiter for 3rd Asst too. Also, while Tilmon defection is a PR loss, he doesn't really fit Underwood's offense. Let's wait to see who they fill the class with. Illinois basketball is back in business in a big way. Whitman is a smart and visionary as an AD.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    Just get some damn point guards on the roster again. Been 10+ years since a real point guard was here.

Just get some damn point guards on the roster again. Been 10+ years since a real point guard was here.
    Will this guy do it for you?

Mark Smith donned an Illinois hat on Wednesday night.
    And with that, Michigan State's recruiting efforts for open spots on next year's roster will move forward.
    The 2017 Illinois Mr. Basketball award winner, Smith picked his in-state school during an early evening press conference at Edwardsville (Ill.) High School. He'll be the first Mr. Basketball to play for the Illini since 2010.
    Smith's final list of suitors included MSU, Kentucky, Duke and Ohio State.
    A 6-foot-5 point guard, Smith told reporters at the press conference that he picked Illinois for the chance to help revitalize the program and because it was a program that "stood out among the rest" in his recruitment.

Smith's final list of suitors included MSU, Kentucky, Duke and Ohio State.
    link

Last edited by Spunky Porkstacker; 04-26-2017 at 09:44 PM.

29. A message from our sponsors.
    Please Register(it's free!) and Login to get rid of this advertisement.

Do you want to advertise with ChiCitySports?
    Ranked #1 Chicagoland sports news and message board online.
    A great opportunity for advertising and exposure, with an active base of fresh consumers always looking for sports-related items and miscellaneous "guy stuff".
    Please go here if you are interested in a multitude of placements on this site.
  30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Spunky Porkstacker For This Useful Post:

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast