Illini BB

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Illini up 40-24

Unless they can develop some consistency game to game that will lead them to a tournament invite I don't give a fuck about Dickhead Groce and the Illini. Supposedly they have a top 10 in the nation recruiting class coming in next year. Hopefully he won't be here to FUCK that up.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Unless they can develop some consistency game to game that will lead them to a tournament invite I don't give a fuck about Dickhead Groce and the Illini. Supposedly they have a top 10 in the nation recruiting class coming in next year. Hopefully he won't be here to FUCK that up.
He won't be. Check out the next 3 games. In the next 3 games, he will be playing competition that will bitch slap him, if he substitutes 3 players out after 3 minutes going up 10-0. This guy has no feel for the game whatsoever. Whatever i says on the chart he's made before the game, that is who and when they come in. Having a hot hand is damned. He can't even acknowledge publicly how much better the team runs with Lucas at PG.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I can't imagine what there is left to evaluate wrt Groce. The substitution patterns are dumb. No feel for the game. The veteran club doesn't play offense or defense and a solid class of Freshman coming in aren't going to magically look better with this "coaching".

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Marshall is at top of the list of gets, which I don't see that happening. Looks like other coaches high on the list include Archie Miller, both Drews and Kevin Keatts from UNCW. I don't believe the Cuonzo Martin interest. He really fell off toward the end at Cal and I can't see IL having another Purdon't guy coaching in CU. MizNoz is a better bet for CM. Whitman is so professional how he handles things. I would have to think they get a solid coach who turns the UI men's team into an upper tier Big 10 program again and a perennial invite to the NCAA tournament.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Monty Williams turned them down.

Push your chips in for Gregg Marshall.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
How can a person turn down an offer that didn't exist?
http://www.nola.com/pelicans/index.ssf/2017/03/monty_williams_turns_down_lucr.html

Former New Orleans Pelicans coaching Monty Williams turned down an lucrative offer to become the head coach at the University of Illinois, according to Yahoo.

If Williams had accepted Illinois' offer, he would have been one of the highest paid coaches in college basketball. Williams turned down the offer because he reportedly wants to return to NBA coaching.

https://www.landof10.com/illinois/s...ative-head-coaching-offer-illinois-basketball

http://www.thechampaignroom.com/201...ghting-illini-basketball-coaching-search-news

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

Whitman and Groce were next door neighbors, jogging partners and BFF. Up until Illinois lost to Rutgers and subsequently to Michigan in the BTT, Groce was not getting fired. How can a legit offer be made to someone when the job was not open at that point in time?

“It’s interesting there have been a number of reports that we’ve offered the job to different people before we even had a job to offer,” Whitman said. “I can tell you definitively that that is incorrect. We’ve got a great plan on the men’s side, and we’re executing that plan. We feel really good about the progress we’ve made and the progress we’ll continue to make.”
http://www.news-gazette.com/sports/...4/whitman-speaks-regards-coaching-search.html

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Illini considering offering Tony Bennett $4.8 million. That would make him the 6th highest coach in college bball