Illini BB

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Bennett is a really good coach, but you can't just have defense. The game is about putting the ball in the hole.

Wonder if they let him go. Too bad this didn't happen to a more douchebag type of team like Duke.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Wonder if they let him go. Too bad this didn't happen to a more douchebag type of team like Duke.
Nah. Bennett is a good coach. He's put VA in a place where they can beat Duke and UNC. It's just a boring brand and you see what happens when they have an off night.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Weber back into the Elite 8. Never thought I would say that again.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
So what's the Outlook on Illini basketball this year?

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
So what's the Outlook on Illini basketball this year?
I'd say ceiling is NIT. NCAA tournament berth would be a surprise. Guard play will be superior to last season, as will 3 point shooting. They don't have enough depth in the front court and will lose some games against better teams because of that lack of depth. Much more athletic than last season overall, but lots of new faces, so it's hard to project much more than a few games over .500. 18 wins maybe? Maui schedule will be tough early in season. They should beat Mizzery.

Last edited:

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I'd say ceiling is NIT. NCAA tournament berth would be a surprise. Guard play will be superior to last season, as will 3 point shooting. They don't have enough depth in the front court and will lose some games against better teams because of that lack of depth. Much more athletic than last season overall, but lots of new faces, so it's hard to project much more than a few games over .500. 18 wins maybe? Maui schedule will be tough early in season. They should beat Mizzery.

Thanks, took 4 responses to get a legit reply--maybe next year is the 30yr rebirth of the Flyin Illini? (one can dream....)

[video=youtube;bwGeBhLUpCc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwGeBhLUpCc[/video]

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Thanks, took 4 responses to get a legit reply--maybe next year is the 30yr rebirth of the Flyin Illini? (one can dream....)

[video=youtube;bwGeBhLUpCc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwGeBhLUpCc[/video]
We will see who they land for next season and if they bring any Juco talent, but adding a year's experience to the team and the Freshmen hitting the weights with Fletch should see improvement in both the 7 footer, Kane, and Tev Jones. What they have added this season is more length at the guard/wing positions than last year. They added the #1 ranked Juco PG to their roster. Having seen him in action, he is a true leader. As bad as the team was last year, especially with putting the ball in the hole, they only suffered a couple of blowouts. This year's team should be fun to watch grow.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Guard play was pretty good in the opener. I'll wait to judge them until the Maui tournament but so far they look good

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Guard play was pretty good in the opener. I'll wait to judge them until the Maui tournament but so far they look good
Provided they get Delarosa healthy and ready by Miznoz, he will be a big help in the middle in conference play.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Interested in seeing how they handle a bigger Georgetown team tonight

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22