Illini BB

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
They also lost Jeremiah Tilmon, Tilmon is rated as the No. 8 power forward in the class by 247Sports and the 6-foot-10.5 East Saint Louis, Ill., native is the top recruit in his state. Tilmon has received heavy interest from Missouri, which has hired a new coach in Cuonzo Martin. The 247Sports Crystal Ball is listing Mizzou as the most likely landing spot for Tilmon.

I know Groce developed relationships with these players which is a big part of recruiting, but this team should do better under B Underwood.

Groce wouldn't be able to do anything with his players anyway. Underwood will have his work cut out for him

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
They also lost Jeremiah Tilmon, Tilmon is rated as the No. 8 power forward in the class by 247Sports and the 6-foot-10.5 East Saint Louis, Ill., native is the top recruit in his state. Tilmon has received heavy interest from Missouri, which has hired a new coach in Cuonzo Martin. The 247Sports Crystal Ball is listing Mizzou as the most likely landing spot for Tilmon.

I know Groce developed relationships with these players which is a big part of recruiting, but this team should do better under B Underwood.
Considering Underwood retained Walker, hired Orlando Antigua and 3rd assistant to be named will be a great pickup (believe me). They still have Frazier and D Williams coming in. BU is a top coach with top recruiters/excellent coaches as assistants. Not worried about the Tilmon defection in the slightest. It seems fairly typical of C Martin to make a splash initially at a school and fade after season three with roster issues looming. Look at the roster he had at Cal this season and he couldn't even win a game in the NIT.

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
The Illini only have 9 players under scholarship currently for the 2017-2018 season. What moves would you guys like to see this offseason?

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Considering Underwood retained Walker, hired Orlando Antigua and 3rd assistant to be named will be a great pickup (believe me). They still have Frazier and D Williams coming in. BU is a top coach with top recruiters/excellent coaches as assistants. Not worried about the Tilmon defection in the slightest. It seems fairly typical of C Martin to make a splash initially at a school and fade after season three with roster issues looming. Look at the roster he had at Cal this season and he couldn't even win a game in the NIT.

My point is they aren't picking a Duke or Kentucky team to go to.... Missouri, Drake? :shrug:

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
My point is they aren't picking a Duke or Kentucky team to go to.... Missouri, Drake? :shrug:
Who cares about losing a player whose decommitment was essentially a mutual agreement? Do you know how many unsigned seniors are still available with that level of talent? Antigua is a great assistant coach get by Underwood. Walker is a top recruiter and they will get a top recruiter for 3rd Asst too. Also, while Tilmon defection is a PR loss, he doesn't really fit Underwood's offense. Let's wait to see who they fill the class with. Illinois basketball is back in business in a big way. Whitman is a smart and visionary as an AD.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Who cares about losing a player whose decommitment was essentially a mutual agreement? Do you know how many unsigned seniors are still available with that level of talent? Antigua is a great assistant coach get by Underwood. Walker is a top recruiter and they will get a top recruiter for 3rd Asst too. Also, while Tilmon defection is a PR loss, he doesn't really fit Underwood's offense. Let's wait to see who they fill the class with. Illinois basketball is back in business in a big way. Whitman is a smart and visionary as an AD.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Just get some damn point guards on the roster again. Been 10+ years since a real point guard was here.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just get some damn point guards on the roster again. Been 10+ years since a real point guard was here.

Will this guy do it for you?

Mark Smith donned an Illinois hat on Wednesday night.
And with that, Michigan State's recruiting efforts for open spots on next year's roster will move forward.
The 2017 Illinois Mr. Basketball award winner, Smith picked his in-state school during an early evening press conference at Edwardsville (Ill.) High School. He'll be the first Mr. Basketball to play for the Illini since 2010.
Smith's final list of suitors included MSU, Kentucky, Duke and Ohio State.
A 6-foot-5 point guard, Smith told reporters at the press conference that he picked Illinois for the chance to help revitalize the program and because it was a program that "stood out among the rest" in his recruitment.

Smith's final list of suitors included MSU, Kentucky, Duke and Ohio State.
link

C-YC-7PW0AADG6l.jpg

Last edited:

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
So Illinois beat out Michigan State, Duke, Kentucky and Ohio State for this kid. New era in Champaign with Whitman as AD.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Great get, Underwood is going to be the real deal. Need a JUCO or 5th year big and get this thing rolling.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I axed and I received. And yes, its "axed," I live in Atlanta.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Will this guy do it for you?

[FONT=&]Mark Smith donned an Illinois hat on Wednesday night.[/FONT]
[FONT=&]And with that, Michigan State's recruiting efforts for open spots on next year's roster will move forward.[/FONT]
[FONT=&]The 2017 Illinois Mr. Basketball award winner, Smith picked his in-state school during an early evening press conference at Edwardsville (Ill.) High School. He'll be the first Mr. Basketball to play for the Illini since 2010.[/FONT]
[FONT=&]Smith's final list of suitors included MSU, Kentucky, Duke and Ohio State.[/FONT]
[FONT=&]A 6-foot-5 point guard, Smith told reporters at the press conference that he picked Illinois for the chance to help revitalize the program and because it was a program that "stood out among the rest" in his recruitment.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&]Smith's final list of suitors included MSU, Kentucky, Duke and Ohio State.[/FONT][FONT=&]
link

[/FONT]
C-YC-7PW0AADG6l.jpg

This is one big point guard. Might be better off shedding a few pounds. But then again, I want to see a team of high flying Guards/Forwards that can post up and run like the 89 team.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
5 star PG signs with Illinois. Beat out Kansas, Conneticut for him

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
3-0. Refs were terrible. Both Illinois and DePaul players deserved better. Win or lose, it's fun watching IL basketball again.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I could have sworn I heard that EIU beat the Illini.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Haven't been this excited for Illini basketball since 2005.