CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Kofi looks like a bit of s tiff to me but if Haas from Purdue can be a stud in conference I guess Kofi has hope. Just not sure how he meshes with the system Underwood would prefer to run.
Yeah. You've noted the interesting thing to watch from a team concept. He's not a positionless type of player for sure. He's clearly going to help on the glass and defense.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Holy cow. What a beatdown of Minny. It's like the young team finally figured out how to play defense and were attacking on offense within the plan. 5-12 team is 82 on Kenpom. They are going to lose more games, but the future could be seen in last night's game.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
LOL. No. He isn't.

Not so sure about that. Been reading he's getting a low first round/early second round grade. If he keeps up his hot streak and has a good chance at a guaranteed contract, he's gone.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Not so sure about that. Been reading he's getting a low first round/early second round grade. If he keeps up his hot streak and has a good chance at a guaranteed contract, he's gone.
He wants to be a lottery pick, IIRC. He still doesn't finish above the rim and he is 6'5"/185. He needs to put some muscle on his legs. He's at Illinois 1 more year.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
He wants to be a lottery pick, IIRC. He still doesn't finish above the rim and he is 6'5"/185. He needs to put some muscle on his legs. He's at Illinois 1 more year.

I hope you're right. He's the best player this program has had since Deron Williams

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I hope you're right. He's the best player this program has had since Deron Williams
He's certainly a quick learner. 3 weeks ago people were talking about him staying 4 years. The game slowed down for him very quickly.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:

Lol @ lottery pick. Everyone wants to be a lottery pick but he isn't going to come back to Illinois if he's low round 1. I hope you know that.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Lol @ lottery pick. Everyone wants to be a lottery pick but he isn't going to come back to Illinois if he's low round 1. I hope you know that.

There's a huge difference between low round 1 and high round 2 though. Guaranteed $.

Do they risk it if he's a borderline guy? I'd say probably but who knows.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
The guy who writes that, Rees Woodcock, is just a fan of the team. Not even a journalist.

That said if Ayo keeps up like this he could go.

Every draft website has him in the 1st round. ESPN's big board has him at #23 I believe. And he's rising, not falling.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Every draft website has him in the 1st round. ESPN's big board has him at #23 I believe. And he's rising, not falling.

The one that I thin is the best doesn't have him going at all:

https://www.nbadraft.net/2019mock_draft

No doubt he could go, though. Probably will be a tough call with him being a borderline round one pick. This is a pretty weak draft class.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
The one that I thin is the best doesn't have him going at all:

https://www.nbadraft.net/2019mock_draft

No doubt he could go, though. Probably will be a tough call with him being a borderline round one pick. This is a pretty weak draft class.

True, NBA Draft Net is probably the best out there. He's not even ranked as a 2nd rounder--wonder if they figure he's definitely not going pro.