CSN Chicago website to stream Hawks games starting Nov. 15

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
You will be required to have a cable subscription, though. But this is still a good development, IMO.

Full story here

Blackhawks games are finally entering the modern TV era.

After protracted negotiations, the NHL and Comcast SportsNet Chicago parent NBCUniversal finalized an agreement that will allow anyone who gets the team's regional network in their cable package to stream games live online or on mobile devices.

The deal covers all four Comcast SportsNet regional networks that air NHL games: CSN Chicago (Blackhawks), CSN California (San Jose Sharks), CSN Philadelphia (Philadelphia Flyers) and CSN Mid-Atlantic (Washington Capitals) and follows the lead of a similar agreement struck earlier this year between the league and Fox regional networks.

Streaming Blackhawks games that air on CSN Chicago will work the same way as it does for Bulls games. Fans who get the network in their cable TV bundle can watch games at CSNChicago.com or through the NBC Sports mobile app by using their cable provider username and password.

Sure beats the no-home-games-on-TV era, eh?

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Agreed, but I'm still roped into NHL.TV.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Agreed, but I'm still roped into NHL.TV.

If you have friends or relatives in the Chicago area with Comcrap, maybe they could let you use their name/password to watch games.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Not sure...will have to check...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Not sure...will have to check...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

You can always Chromecast one of the many HD pirate streams you can find off of the reddit NHL streams subreddit to your TV, or watch the stream on your computer if you must.

I had the thought of seeing if I could privately share my CSN stream to people.... not give my login, but have a private stream of that stream for Hawk buddies who can't get the games locally.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
You can always Chromecast one of the many HD pirate streams you can find off of the reddit NHL streams subreddit to your TV, or watch the stream on your computer if you must.

I had the thought of seeing if I could privately share my CSN stream to people.... not give my login, but have a private stream of that stream for Hawk buddies who can't get the games locally.

Hey I need a stream for tonight, since you didnt answer me earlier

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Streams show up on reddit an hour before gametime.... asking for a stream to something in 8 hours is like asking for the address to my new house before I even start looking for one.

I will get you a link when they post dem links

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Anyone have the address to Ares new house?

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Anyone have the address to Ares new house?

1069151.gif

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
But seriously, did they say if the authorized cable providers will be the same as the NBCSports app and such or is it going to be limited to their own select group like ooohhh say comcast only cause they are fucktards. It makes it seem like it's open to more cable providers, but they specifically say cable providers several times. When I don't have cable.