IGT: Blackhawks @ Jets 11/15 at 7:00 p.m.

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cancel the circus already it's doomed us all

Why panic when you can panik? via da Tapatalk

It will be canceled after this year.
Oh well. Montreal laid their 10-0 egg against the B Jackets last week. The Hawks lay theirs in Winnipeg. Bad games happen.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Worse passing (and receiving) I've seen all year. Sloppy play and no one seemed to have a good game. The forth line looked OK.
Hope Hino is alright.

Yep. I don't think anyone really had a good game. In fact, I think they'll rescind the naming of the lake on Toews honor for his performance (and the rest of the 'hawks) last night.

Hope Hino is okay, but that hit was clean; should not have been a penalty and he needs to learn to keep his head up.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Worse passing (and receiving) I've seen all year. Sloppy play and no one seemed to have a good game. The forth line looked OK.
Hope Hino is alright.

I don't get the volatility in the passing for the Hawks.... they have these games where no one can seem to pass nor receive passes.... not a couple guys, the entire team goes to shit passing/receiving and in general puck handling.

And it happens seemingly randomly.... happens during regular season, happens in playoff games.... sometimes it will happen for just a period of a game and then they get it right the other 2 periods.

But one thing is for sure, when their passing sux, their PP sux hard.... cause I think our PP is predicated on completing 8-12 perfect passes to get the PK out of position for a perfect tap in opportunity.... when that failed all we have is Keith shooting from the point and missing the net by 2-20 feet.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I don't get the volatility in the passing for the Hawks.... they have these games where no one can seem to pass nor receive passes.... not a couple guys, the entire team goes to shit passing/receiving and in general puck handling.

And it happens seemingly randomly.... happens during regular season, happens in playoff games.... sometimes it will happen for just a period of a game and then they get it right the other 2 periods.

But one thing is for sure, when their passing sux, their PP sux hard.... cause I think our PP is predicated on completing 8-12 perfect passes to get the PK out of position for a perfect tap in opportunity.... when that failed all we have is Keith shooting from the point and missing the net by 2-20 feet.
Agreed...the flipside is when everyone tries to pass but everyone is looking for the *perfect* shot (in Keith's case that's usually right into the opposition's shins ;)). At some point the puck has to go on net; that Harlem Globetrotters shit is about as dated as Paris Hilton's snatch.

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yep. I don't think anyone really had a good game. In fact, I think they'll rescind the naming of the lake on Toews honor for his performance (and the rest of the 'hawks) last night.

Hope Hino is okay, but that hit was clean; should not have been a penalty and he needs to learn to keep his head up.

The hit was clean.
Sort of tired of the post-hugging matches after big hits. If anyone should've been penalized, it should've been Toews for starting a scrum because a guy he leads didn't keep his head up.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The hit was clean.
Sort of tired of the post-hugging matches after big hits. If anyone should've been penalized, it should've been Toews for starting a scrum because a guy he leads didn't keep his head up.
I agree that Toews should have probably got a roughing, But I liked his response. Pack mentality is never a bad thing and it's the only useful thing he did all night..after all he didn't make them pay on the score sheet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Agreed...the flipside is when everyone tries to pass but everyone is looking for the *perfect* shot (in Keith's case that's usually right into the opposition's shins ;)). At some point the puck has to go on net; that Harlem Globetrotters shit is about as dated as Paris Hilton's snatch.

Yep, on the PP everyone was just standing still.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
My favorite thing about this forum continues to be LordKOTL's analogies.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
My favorite thing about this forum continues to be LordKOTL's analogies.
Thanks! Be sure to tip the waitstaff ;)

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yep, on the PP everyone was just standing still.

So much standing still.... when we had that 67 seconds of 5 on 3.... Keith and Seabrook stood still and played catch for like 10 seconds and the FWDs barely moved.

Idk what you accomplish by standing still and playing catch at the blue line.

Another pet peeve of mine, while im at it... is when we have the PP and our guys retreat hard to the blue line and allow themselves to be forced out of the zone.... you have the man advantage.... as soon as they press you hard back to the blue line, you should head to the net or get the puck back in deep cause now the PK is down a man near the net.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So much standing still.... when we had that 67 seconds of 5 on 3.... Keith and Seabrook stood still and played catch for like 10 seconds and the FWDs barely moved.

Idk what you accomplish by standing still and playing catch at the blue line.

Another pet peeve of mine, while im at it... is when we have the PP and our guys retreat hard to the blue line and allow themselves to be forced out of the zone.... you have the man advantage.... as soon as they press you hard back to the blue line, you should head to the net or get the puck back in deep cause now the PK is down a man near the net.
Agreed and spot on.

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
The one thing I continually see on the PP is the setup for the back door play off of a rebound, which Patrick Sharp was very good at for a long time, but now that void hasn't really been filled, but teams were adjusting to it even before he moved on to Dallas.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
UC is letting the contract with the circus expire. Blackhawks/Bulls said that their tickets are harder to sell when home games are lumped together like they have to be because of the circus. Also, supposedly having the Disney on Ice makes it hard with the circus and they want to continue with Disney on Ice.

Blackhawks killed the Circus with their success!!!

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If we don't win the next game, this trip becomes a doozy.

We were riding high there on the 7 or 8 game point streak, but this trip gets harder as it goes on and could get ugly if Q starts shuffling for answers and we have none.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Does anyone actually go to the circus?
Why is that still a thing?

I had the same question earlier in the thread.... if the fucking circus wants to use the UC they can book time during the Summer when the Hawks and Bulls are on their offseasons.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If we don't win the next game, this trip becomes a doozy.

We were riding high there on the 7 or 8 game point streak, but this trip gets harder as it goes on and could get ugly if Q starts shuffling for answers and we have none.

debbie-downer.jpg