IGT: Blackhawks @ Jets 11/15 at 7:00 p.m.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
The Circus Trip begins.

giphy.gif

(11-3-2, 16 points, 1st place in Western Conference)

@

tumblr_m0g6dtcqjn1qk17n8o1_500.gif

(8-7-2, 18 points, t-3rd place in Western Conference)

Puckdrop - 7:00 p.m.
TV - CSN Chicago
Radio - WGN AM 720
Webstream - Available at CSN Chicago (Cable subscription required, see info in this thread)

It's the last Circus Trip ever. Can't hold anything back now, Brent!

LET'S GO HAWKS!!

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
I have a feeling that the NHL talent level is that of the NFL and MLB. You have 3-4 good teams and then 70% that are average with a couple of teams that are just dumpster fires.
I know we're not to the first 20 games yet, but Chicago has been surprisingly good (the Habs will continue to be good with Price minding the net) after that dreadful special teams collapse at the start of the season.

I think what we're going to see is 2-3 really good teams in the NHL surrounded by a bunch of mediocrity, which is the current Jets.
I think Q has woken up Hossa with the addition of 72 on his line, which has turned the Blackhawks into a solid 2 top tier line team again with serviceable 3rd and 4th lines, and the D has been very good as of late.

Now watch my post go to hell as the Hawks drop this game in OT 4-3 tonight.

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Last circus trip? What the hell? For reals?

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
Last circus trip? What the hell? For reals?

UC is letting the contract with the circus expire. Blackhawks/Bulls said that their tickets are harder to sell when home games are lumped together like they have to be because of the circus. Also, supposedly having the Disney on Ice makes it hard with the circus and they want to continue with Disney on Ice.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
Word on twitter is that Schmaltz may have injured himself in the morning skate today after going into the boards hard. Could be out tonight.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
I have a feeling that the NHL talent level is that of the NFL and MLB. You have 3-4 good teams and then 70% that are average with a couple of teams that are just dumpster fires.
I know we're not to the first 20 games yet, but Chicago has been surprisingly good (the Habs will continue to be good with Price minding the net) after that dreadful special teams collapse at the start of the season.

I think what we're going to see is 2-3 really good teams in the NHL surrounded by a bunch of mediocrity, which is the current Jets.
I think Q has woken up Hossa with the addition of 72 on his line, which has turned the Blackhawks into a solid 2 top tier line team again with serviceable 3rd and 4th lines, and the D has been very good as of late.

Now watch my post go to hell as the Hawks drop this game in OT 4-3 tonight.

In that regard, it does seem like the balance of power has shifted to the East. Right now, the Hawks look like the only legit contender. Nashville hasn't found its footing, St. Louis probably missed its best chance last year, and San Jose/LA/Anaheim look too old or too hurt to be as good as they were in years past. In the east, though? Pittsburgh and Tampa will probably be there again. I remain unconvinced about the Rangers and the Canadiens so far.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
UC is letting the contract with the circus expire. Blackhawks/Bulls said that their tickets are harder to sell when home games are lumped together like they have to be because of the circus. Also, supposedly having the Disney on Ice makes it hard with the circus and they want to continue with Disney on Ice.

Also it's the circus.... I mean is it really that big of a draw anymore?

They have 2 teams of stuff to pump money out of the UC.... if the circus wants to use the UC, they can contract for the offseason for the Bulls and Blackhawks.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
It's just the end of the glorious bonding time

Why panic when you can panik? via da Tapatalk

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Word on twitter is that Schmaltz may have injured himself in the morning skate today after going into the boards hard. Could be out tonight.

Saw those tweets, too. Sounds like he'll be fine.

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
just win

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
In that regard, it does seem like the balance of power has shifted to the East. Right now, the Hawks look like the only legit contender. Nashville hasn't found its footing, St. Louis probably missed its best chance last year, and San Jose/LA/Anaheim look too old or too hurt to be as good as they were in years past. In the east, though? Pittsburgh and Tampa will probably be there again. I remain unconvinced about the Rangers and the Canadiens so far.

If you remember my breakdown from last season, the east was slightly stronger than the west. Still, it does appear that the west is on a weakening trend and the east is getting stronger. I think it's cyclic, though. Unless you have an outlier team hampered by shitty management (*coughWWWcough*), the lower-trending teams will get better over time, while the good teams will tend to fall off. If a division/conference is weak over time they will get better.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
As the saying goes, the west will rise again

darkvirage

Liked Posts:
Not watching, but saw some stats on the NHLapp. WTF is going on with the FO? Towes not playing or something?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Does our PP suck, ...or what?

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
I guess they were due to play like complete shit for a night.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Worse passing (and receiving) I've seen all year. Sloppy play and no one seemed to have a good game. The forth line looked OK.
Hope Hino is alright.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Cancel the circus already it's doomed us all