Kris Bryant wins MVP!!

Mr. Cub

2016 World Series Champs!
Liked Posts:
Whooo! At least one of our guys got one this year.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
When drafted, a scout (not a Cub scout) said of Bryant: "I will be shocked if he does not win multiple MVP's."

I remember the exact quote because it was so positive, and to say "shocked" and "multiple" really said a lot about what they expected. Of course, we've been so disappointed before by prospects, but it just screamed confidence in the kid.

As good as he was as a rookie, you look at Harper and it seems he's on another plane compared to Bryant. Yet here we are, two seasons into his career and he's half way to "multiple".

Experts predicted Gray and Appel as the top two picks in whichever order. Yet the Cubs went against the grain. Brilliant pick.

Bryant, whose power was his number 1 attribute, is so impressive with the things other than power. His base running is literally as good as anyone in the league.I heard an anlayst discussing this year "when (not if) he starts taking the ball the other way, look out. And that was as he praised him as MVP caliber already.

Great pick. Great player. Great guy to have on the team. Congrats to KB.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Yeahbut them bozos stealing money should of spent and not tanked

Why panic when you can panik? via da Tapatalk

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Da fuq? How did Bryant win? He wasnt on the best team in the majors and all he did was fatten up on bad teams. So not clutch.

[video=youtube;NHhhr9MDN4A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHhhr9MDN4A[/video]

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Congrats to Kris Bryant...

Reminded me of this post though from the resident Czar of Wrong (Parade_Rain)

http://www.chicitysports.com/forum/...00-right-now?p=2312140&viewfull=1#post2312140
Why wouldn't you consider trading Bryant? Way too much swing and miss. Rizzo? If they determine that Schwarber's bat is better than Rizzo's, Schwarber is getting moved to 1B. After observing the post-season, if anyone thinks Soler is going to get traded, they're nuts. Dusty Baker said Soler is going to be a superstar and then Pedro essentially said he is the one Cubs player who is taking the right approach at the plate this post-season. Schwarber has a special bat. I don't know that I would trade him, but he may be a player without a position. Rizzo? Leadership and great defense. Unfortunately, his bat was not going the last few months from the eye-test. Do people want to upset team chemistry by trading a young leader? Bryant definitely has some work to do this off-season on his plate approach. Too many Cubs hitters getting to two-strike counts too often. 2 strike counts equal below Mendoza line average overall.

Of course brett thanked it so there's that double comedy as well.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
The most surprising part of the Bryant MVP is that Rizzo also wasn't in the Top 3.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Correct me if I'm wrong, but does that make it:
-HS Player of the Year
-Minor League Player of the Year
-ROY
-MVP

In four straight seasons???

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
-HS Player of the Year
-ROY
-MVP

College player of the year, but yes. He is the only one in history.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
-HS Player of the Year
-ROY
-MVP

And in every interview the kid seems like a class act with his head on straight.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
And in every interview the kid seems like a class act with his head on straight.

He was bread for it. His dad is a coach that coached him and Bryce Harper. His dad is a highly respected hitting coach across the country for younger players. Harper said Bryant has always been like this since he was a kid. He has laser focus and just goes about his day. All he knows is baseball and doesn't get distracted by anything else. He is like a robot. What impressed me the most was his change in his swing this year. He had a very successful first season, but he knew his big flaw was K's. He changed his swing path to get to more balls and be able to lift them for power, but not K as frequently. That is pretty huge for a 23/24 year old kid at the time to understand and adjust. A lot of ball players would have the mind set. If its not broken, dont fix it. He is a generational hitter barring injury. He is the next face of MLB.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
He was bread for it. His dad is a coach that coached him and Bryce Harper. His dad is a highly respected hitting coach across the country for younger players. Harper said Bryant has always been like this since he was a kid. He has laser focus and just goes about his day. All he knows is baseball and doesn't get distracted by anything else. He is like a robot. What impressed me the most was his change in his swing this year. He had a very successful first season, but he knew his big flaw was K's. He changed his swing path to get to more balls and be able to lift them for power, but not K as frequently. That is pretty huge for a 23/24 year old kid at the time to understand and adjust. A lot of ball players would have the mind set. If its not broken, dont fix it. He is a generational hitter barring injury. He is the next face of MLB.

"Bred" :)

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
All kidding aside, the sky's the limit for Kris. I've no doubt, he is going to be adding more awards to his trophy case.

I say he is going to become the face of the MLB. Likeable guy with a great attitude, phenomenal player, charismatic, contagious smile, looks like a male model, and is a World Champion.

He's going to be getting the biggest endorsement deals of anyone in the League.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He's never had a drop of booze in his life. Not sure I can get behind this one. [emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk