Future QB Talk-Trade or Free Agent

Ej63090

Anti-Exultant Cruise Dire
Liked Posts:
Jimmy G to me is in a class above Mike Glennon and AJ McCarron.

AJ McCarron and Glennon provide you with an opportunity to hedge your bet. Jimmy G will cost you that ability.

I'd be happier with Glennon, Falk, Shaw at QB with a consolation pick of Garrett/Allen/Peppers

Over

Jimmy G., Shaw, Hoyer

tgmxd

Liked Posts:
Looking like there will be at least 2 QB needy teams in front of us come draft time so Jimmy Garoppolo is worth discussing. I'd only consider trading for Garoppolo if he was a package deal with McDaniels as head coach. Getting both would significantly reduce the risk of him being a bust. Otherwise I don't trust him in a new system with a new coordinator.

We'd have to know exactly what we were getting to give up as much as it is going to cost. Because it is going to cost a lot.

Ej63090

Liked Posts:
Looking like there will be at least 2 QB needy teams in front of us come draft time so Jimmy Garoppolo is worth discussing. I'd only consider trading for Garoppolo if he was a package deal with McDaniels as head coach. Getting both would significantly reduce the risk of him being a bust. Otherwise I don't trust him in a new system with a new coordinator.

We'd have to know exactly what we were getting to give up as much as it is going to cost. Because it is going to cost a lot.

Let those two teams grab Trubisky, Watson, Kizer and we can pick from Allen, Garrett, and Peppers.

None of those QBs IMO call for passing on unmissable talent. I'd rather take a run at the 2nd tier which is damn close to the top in this draft.

tgmxd

Liked Posts:
Let those two teams grab Trubisky, Watson, Kizer and we can pick from Allen, Garrett, and Peppers.

None of those QBs IMO call for passing on unmissable talent. I'd rather take a run at the 2nd tier which is damn close to the top in this draft.

I would be fine with that if Pace shares your evaluation of the QBs. However, I feel like that is unlikely considering there is almost always a QB worth taking that high.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
AJ McCarron and Glennon provide you with an opportunity to hedge your bet. Jimmy G will cost you that ability.

I'd be happier with Glennon, Falk, Shaw at QB with a consolation pick of Garrett/Allen/Peppers

Over

Jimmy G., Shaw, Hoyer

Of everyone you listed Jimmy G is be far the most talented.

I don't know if you want to go cheap at the QB position.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

I don't think there will be 2 teams ahead of us total.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
What do you think New England would ask for for Jimmy G?

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
Gotta hope that the Browns pick a QB (when haven't they?) and Garrett falls to the Bears. Then, you see what king ransom's other teams are willing to pay to move up.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
2 2nds considering our picks are practically 1st round picks.

I've heard talk of a 1st PLUS another pick and they may ask for two 1sts. Sounds crazy but its not out of line for other trades. Bradford cost a 1st and a pick. Look at the trades last year for Wentz and Goff. And those guys never played a down in the NFL. Simply put..... when you don't have a starting QB in this league teams have you by the balls if you want to make a trade.

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If you are looking for a long term answer at QB from free agency or trade it rarely works out. I can see looking at FA to hold it down until the rook is ready but that is not a long term option.

Look at all the flops, don't even need to look too far from home to see one. I swear, a couple of you Jimmy G nuthuggers must have homoerotic fantasies of the guy. He will fail if he goes to a shitty team with no structure in place.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Now you're talking:) Brees has long been my favorite NFL QB and would probably by a great mentor for a young qb.

I have this feeling that somehow Drew Brees wiggles his way out of NO

Which makes him a free agent asking for megabucks! We are rebuilding, you couldn't pull a 3rd of his asking price out of Bears managements ass with a pair of pliers

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
I personally hope the Bears draft a QB in the first or second and do not use up any picks on one.

Monster O

Liked Posts:
Let's see how desperate belicheck is to trade Jimmy G. I'm guessing there will be another serious suitor (49ers) besides the Bears. His value will never be this high. Patriots are in a win now mode. Would they rather trade for a roster player than a pick?

Fuller, 2nd and 6th round pick to Patriots
Jimmy G to the Bears
Draft BPA at #3 overall.

Ej63090

Liked Posts:
Let's see how desperate belicheck is to trade Jimmy G. I'm guessing there will be another serious suitor (49ers) besides the Bears. His value will never be this high. Patriots are in a win now mode. Would they rather trade for a roster player than a pick?

Fuller, 2nd and 6th round pick to Patriots
Jimmy G to the Bears
Draft BPA at #3 overall.

I'd be on board with this.

Ej63090

Liked Posts:
2 2nds considering our picks are practically 1st round picks.

A 2nd this year and a 2nd next would be ok with me.

Most reports I have heard are calling for a first. I'm not passing on Allen or Garrett for Jimmy G.

I'd throw in Fuller if that's what it takes.

Mikeropod

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. San Antonio Spurs
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Cleveland Browns
  1. San Jose Sharks
  1. Miami (Ohio) Redhawks
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
How does anyone feel about the bet hedging move of drafting two QBs in a single draft? It sorta worked out for Washington, not that I praise the overall players much. I'd be fine with full-on competition and having youth with an experienced back-up grooming them (Hoyer?) seems logical. I think this is a case where you need to get a starter for the future no matter the risks.

No Nathan Enderle-like players please.....

Mikeropod

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. San Antonio Spurs
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Cleveland Browns
  1. San Jose Sharks
  1. Miami (Ohio) Redhawks
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Plus it'd give you the flexibility of taking best available QB, even if they were from a spread system and then following that up with the best pro-style QB, or vice-versa. Compete or die!!

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
A 2nd this year and a 2nd next would be ok with me.

Most reports I have heard are calling for a first. I'm not passing on Allen or Garrett for Jimmy G.

I'd throw in Fuller if that's what it takes.

Rarely when they say a 1st round pick does a top 10 selection come into play.