Future QB Talk-Trade or Free Agent

circusboy666

Liked Posts:
If there's anyway redskins mess up negotiations with cousins I wouldn't mind having him here...passionate, hard worker, good arm, makes poor decisions more often than I'd like...but damn that's what I'd like.

What will happen? We resign Alshon for about 10 mil a year and he's hurt first 6 weeks of next season...and then gets hurts 3 games later again.

tgmxd

Liked Posts:
So some interesting Bears related takeaways from these two articles I just read.
http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2016/11/23/tampa-bay-buccaneers-nfl-week-12
Wanna take it to another level and look at potential suitors? Keep an eye on the Browns and Saints. Cleveland could deal away the pick they got from Philadelphia, and hang on to what could be the first overall pick. And then, Texas A&M’s Myles Garrett and Garoppolo could, in theory, be Cleveland’s version of the Oakland draft that netted Khalil Mack and Derek Carr. As for New Orleans, the Saints have been kicking tires on young quarterbacks through the past two draft cycles, were high on Garoppolo in 2014 and saw him in joint practices with New England the past two summers, and will have a 37-year-old Drew Brees going into a contract year in 2017. Theoretically, they may like Garoppolo better than anyone in what’s expected to be a mediocre QB lot this spring, and could bring him aboard on his rookie deal for next year, then tag him in 2018 and do a long-term deal then. At any rate, this should all be interesting, and I’m willing to make an educated guess Belichick knew he was feeding into it last week.

http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2016/08/could_jimmy_garoppolo_be_saint.html
A fellow Eastern Illinois graduate, Saints coach Sean Payton closely followed Garoppolo's collegiate career and said Tuesday the Saints graded him highly as a prospect.

"He's bright," Payton said. "He had a lot of success in college. His teams there were successful. And he was able to really have good production. I think he has good arm strength and a quick release. Sometimes it's tough, because so many of these college offenses are spread out and throwing it on every down. I thought we had a high grade on him and obviously New England and I'm sure a number of teams did."

- The Saints liked Garoppolo in 2014 when Ryan Pace was heavily involved with their scouting, so it seems safe to say the Bears will be interested
- Browns could trade for Garoppolo and then use the first overall pick on defense. So the #2 pick could still potentially net the Bears the top QB prospect in the draft
- Brees could be available under the right circumstances

Definitely going to be an interesting offseason to say the least with a number of viable QB options for the Bears.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
I don't see any end-of the line veteran like Brees or Romo coming to Chicago. I have to imagine they'd go to a perceived contender to try and make a run or two; a team like Denver or the Jets.

ditka4life

Liked Posts:
If the Redskins miss the playoffs, they might not want to over-pay for Kirk Cousins.
I think the bears should jump for Cousins if he becomes available.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Looks like there's going to be a lot of bidders for Hometown Jimmy. I wanted to the Bears to trade Cutler (or let him go), sign McCown, and draft Jimmy.....obviously that didn't happen. I wonder if a 2nd + future mid round pick could get it done.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Jimmy G is not going anywhere. Belichek is not dumb. I don't care how any more years Brady says he wants to play. You age fast in this league and it happens overnight. He has his replacement system qb in Jimmy and is not letting him go when Brady can be OLD as early as sometime next season.

Sent from my RCT6303W87M7 using Tapatalk

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If there's anyway redskins mess up negotiations with cousins I wouldn't mind having him here...passionate, hard worker, good arm, makes poor decisions more often than I'd like...but damn that's what I'd like.

What will happen? We resign Alshon for about 10 mil a year and he's hurt first 6 weeks of next season...and then gets hurts 3 games later again.

I would love Cousins for sure if he becomes available.

Josh2J

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
how many times has a big FA signing , or trade for another teams backup really worked at the QB position.... VERY RARELY. Just draft one early and hope you picked the right one. Better odds than signing someone and overpaying, specially with the rookie wage scale

Monster O

Liked Posts:
9m
Pete Prisco‏ @PriscoCBS
Belichick will bargain that down because he loves picks. He will take a two and a six probably. Maybe a three and a five for Jimmy G.

Josh2J

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Jimmy Garoppolo - QB - Patriots

ESPN's Adam Schefter believes a first- and fourth-round pick would be the "starting point" in trade negotiations for Jimmy Garoppolo.

"I don’t even know if they would do it then," Schefter added. "My own sense on Garoppolo is that they are going to explore that market. That they are going to listen. They are going to see what is out there and if some team steps forward and makes it such that they have to trade him they will, but they are just not going to look to give him away. That is not going to happen." A first and fourth was what the Vikings traded the Eagles for Sam Bradford. The Browns have already been named as one team that will "go hard" after Garoppolo. They have two first-rounders in 2017. The 49ers and Bears could also come calling.

Escobar's Army

Liked Posts:
If we sign/trade for a QB, Glennon is my guy. Look at his stats got the one year he started 19TD to 9 INT despite playing with terrible weapons and leading the league in times sacked. The market may get out of hand but if he can be had for a decent rate, he's better than any option in the draft.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
If the Redskins miss the playoffs, they might not want to over-pay for Kirk Cousins.
I think the bears should jump for Cousins if he becomes available.

The Redskins have already said that if they can't get him signed to a contract that they're going to hit him with the franchise tag.

Ruff Ruff

Liked Posts:
The Bears need Tony Romo

Why Romo is much needed for the Bears??

*We need a veteran QB that knows what he is doing on the field while we develop our high draft pick youngster

*He is a QB that the team will respect unlike Fuckler

*He will help develop our future QB

*He has proven himself many times over the years unlike bums like Hoyer and Barkley

*He only has a couple of years left in him so there will be no "whos' going to be the starter?" dilemma once the youngster is ready

*If the rookie QB outperforms him during preseason and training, he will sit on the bench without being a cry baby and will take it like a man as he is currently doing.

Let's just hope he fucks up on Sunday if he starts. Either way, Romo has no future in Dallas

Ruff Ruff

Liked Posts:
How's Denard Robinson doing? is he lighting up the NFL?

There, I posted it before someone else will so dont waste your time trolling my thread

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
I'd be more interesting in signing Trent Dilfer or Donovan McNabb. I like vet QB's that are 45+.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why the hell do you want a 20 million dollar question mark? Close this thread please

Matt Suhey

Liked Posts:
Romo is best off going to a team like the Texans who probably just need a quality QB to compete for the SB.