Future QB Talk-Trade or Free Agent

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Thanks Urblock for making this it's own sticky, maybe the other one can be called "upcoming QB draft class" or something like that.

Anyways let's kick this thing off right. Jimmy G sucks donkey balls and the Bears would be stupid to give up picks and a big contract for him.

Bring back Hoyer or maybe sign Romo if he is released. Either way they are both place holders for the QB the Bears will draft this coming year.

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Thanks Urblock for making this it's own sticky, maybe the other one can be called "upcoming QB draft class" or something like that.

Anyways let's kick this thing off right. Jimmy G sucks donkey balls and the Bears would be stupid to give up picks and a big contract for him.

Bring back Hoyer or maybe sign Romo if he is released. Either way they are both place holders for the QB the Bears will draft this coming year.
Did it for you. There's room for 2 QB threads.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

Clearly your talent evaluating skills are shit.

Because it is clear the #1 option is Hometow Jimmy bitches.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Jimmy G. is worth a shot but Bellicheat doesn't make trades that don't benefit the Pats by a huge margin. So I would guess that the Pats would want a top two or three round pick? Maybe a couple of picks? JG is likely to pricey for what the Bears would be getting. Draft a QB in the first or second and bring in (or re-sign Hoyer) a veteran capable QB and let the new guy learn. I just don't see a lot of options. Its not like the Redskins are going to let Cousins go so I'm not sure the Bears realistically have a lot of options.

Oh, and get a new OC and QB coach.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Did it for you. There's room for 2 QB threads.

Jamming every QB discussion into 2 threads is irritating.. why not just change the Jay cutler sub forum into a QB sub forum? That way every QB diccusion isnt all jammed together and it keeps the main threads clean?

BP348

Liked Posts:
Instead of going for Jimmy G, who we know the Pats will want a lot for would the Bears be better off trying to get AJ McCarron from the Bengals?

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Instead of going for Jimmy G, who we know the Pats will want a lot for would the Bears be better off trying to get AJ McCarron from the Bengals?

Because Jimmy is a franchise QB and AJ not so much. You silly little goose.

martin.johnson73

Liked Posts:
How about drafting our own QB. Belcheck always swindles any team who trade with him.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

-Cago34-

CCS Mock Draft Champion
Donator
Liked Posts:
For some reason I have this feeling that somehow Drew Brees wiggles his way out of NO. I'd entertain the idea at the right price.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Bears should have drafted P Lynch. He'll be ready to start next year.

Or Dak.... obviously.

Or Jacoby Brissett.

But hey, I'm glad everyone has total faith in Pace after he's fucked up the QB position for two years now.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Clearly your talent evaluating skills are shit.

Because it is clear the #1 option is Hometow Jimmy bitches.

This really may be the way to go at this point. It'll cost a ton but QB simply has to be addressed or nothing else matters.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
For some reason I have this feeling that somehow Drew Brees wiggles his way out of NO. I'd entertain the idea at the right price.

Now you're talking:) Brees has long been my favorite NFL QB and would probably by a great mentor for a young qb.

r1terrell23

Liked Posts:
Bears should have drafted P Lynch. He'll be ready to start next year.

Or Dak.... obviously.

Or Jacoby Brissett.

But hey, I'm glad everyone has total faith in Pace after he's fucked up the QB position for two years now.

Yeah I was livid when we passed on Dak like that. We need a qb badly and he had a prolific college career in the SEC and was worth a fourth round gamble. No reason we shouldn't be taking shots on guys like that late when we have no qb. At worst you get a young solid backup.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Jimmy G to me is in a class above Mike Glennon and AJ McCarron.

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Jimmy G to me is in a class above Mike Glennon and AJ McCarron.

But is he really?

I admit in his brief playing time he looked pretty good but on that team, in that system, it could be a big piece of fools gold that the Bears give up a high pick for and a big contract.

It would be far more prudent for Pace to draft his favorite QB in this upcoming draft.