Final Fantasy XV

TheeUndyingFan

Dragon of Dojima
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
Ten days boys, been waiting a fucking decade for this game. I am excite. Who's with me?

Houston

Liked Posts:
[video=youtube;eXJFbsQBvLw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXJFbsQBvLw[/video]

TheeUndyingFan

Dragon of Dojima
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
[video=youtube;eXJFbsQBvLw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXJFbsQBvLw[/video]

Saw it a few days ago. I guess the marketing guy in charge wasn't smart enough to stay away from Conan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
For those of you who have played it, any thoughts? Thinking about picking it up, especially if the supposed multiplayer part is any good.

TheeUndyingFan

Dragon of Dojima
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
For those of you who have played it, any thoughts? Thinking about picking it up, especially if the supposed multiplayer part is any good.

How in depth do you want me to get? LOL. The combat is pretty excellent once you get good at it, the combat will keep you coming back. The story itself is pretty cool BUT, big but, the plot exposition is terrible. Terrible doesn't even justify it, its more like non-existent at times. I'm a big FF-lifer and the story just isn't there, literally.

Another thing worth mentioning is that the main story itself can be beaten in ten to fifteen hours, side quests and monster hunts take up the other 60 or so hours and while the hunts are always good, the sidequests range from decent to awful. But again, the combat should keep you going.

I finished the game in 61 hours and have done about 10 hours of post-game content which has been mostly enjoyable.

6 DLC chapters are supposed to release within the year, one for each of the bros and three unknown chapters.

As far as multiplayer is concerned, you might as well pretend it doesn't exist because no one knows what it entails and when it will be available. My guess is it won't be out until mid-spring.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
How in depth do you want me to get? LOL. The combat is pretty excellent once you get good at it, the combat will keep you coming back. The story itself is pretty cool BUT, big but, the plot exposition is terrible. Terrible doesn't even justify it, its more like non-existent at times. I'm a big FF-lifer and the story just isn't there, literally.

Another thing worth mentioning is that the main story itself can be beaten in ten to fifteen hours, side quests and monster hunts take up the other 60 or so hours and while the hunts are always good, the sidequests range from decent to awful. But again, the combat should keep you going.

I finished the game in 61 hours and have done about 10 hours of post-game content which has been mostly enjoyable.

6 DLC chapters are supposed to release within the year, one for each of the bros and three unknown chapters.

As far as multiplayer is concerned, you might as well pretend it doesn't exist because no one knows what it entails and when it will be available. My guess is it won't be out until mid-spring.
As someone who isn't a FF-lifer, would you say that I wouldn't be as bothered by the plot stuff?

And for multiplayer, I only know it's supposed to come out after at least 3 of the DLCs, probably the character ones. That won't be a make or break decision for if I get it though.

TheeUndyingFan

Dragon of Dojima
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
As someone who isn't a FF-lifer, would you say that I wouldn't be as bothered by the plot stuff?

And for multiplayer, I only know it's supposed to come out after at least 3 of the DLCs, probably the character ones. That won't be a make or break decision for if I get it though.

It may not bother you. Some decisions by the dev team are pretty baffling tho, there is a certain character who would have been awesome but they did next to nothing with him, and you'd only know his motivations at all if you had watched the companion movie. It could have been a sweeping epic but instead its missing a ton of plot. The game is open world for the first half and then linear for the second, probably for budget reasons.

I compare it to The Witcher I guess, except it has a much nicer world than W3 (my opinion) but W3's sidequests blow this game's out of the water. For my money, the combat in XV is wayyy better than Witcher 3's.

I've recommended it to multiple friends who don't all love Final Fantasy and the combat has kept them happy.

Maybe find a used copy at gamestop, that way if you don't like it you can return it within 7 days for your money/credit back.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So after the first chapter of the game I have to say I like it so far. One of my other friends really enjoys it and he's a FF lifer. I do like the combat system so I can see why that's something people have liked.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
On chapter 3 and I must say I'm digging it. I've spent most of my time doing side quests and just roaming around. I'm at a level where I can finally survive most of the random stuff without worrying about dying so night time isn't quite as perilous. My friend is on chapter 5 and continues to like the game a lot. Perhaps when we get into later chapters we'll see the critiques of the story and such, but for right now it's a blast.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I picked this up before the holidays and couldn't get into it. Pretty much lost interest in it because the story is terrible. I generally can't just roam around or play role playing games just for the combat so I'm guessing I won't be touching this again until the summer if I get bored.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I picked this up before the holidays and couldn't get into it. Pretty much lost interest in it because the story is terrible. I generally can't just roam around or play role playing games just for the combat so I'm guessing I won't be touching this again until the summer if I get bored.
Out of curiosity, how far did you get before you came to that conclusion?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Out of curiosity, how far did you get before you came to that conclusion?

Honestly I don't even remember as it was before the holidays. I don't think I made it that far as I was still collecting the special weapons that only the King could wield. It's a beautiful game and I can see why people like it but it just wasn't for me at least not right now. I was getting ready to go to Asia for 3 weeks and then came back to 60 hour work weeks so a story really has to grab me in order for me to find the time to play it right now.

With the Witcher, Dragon Age, Elder Scrolls, Mass Effect games, I would find the time. Although to be fair, part of it may be that with those games, they have a history and a lore that is connected from game to game so the story is just growing. So I have an interest in the story coming in. One of the reasons I probably haven't loved the Final Fantasy games as much is because they are more stand alone from game to game so it takes longer for me to get into the story.

So I'll probably just wait for Mass Effect Andromeda and play that for most of the spring and early summer and then come back to Final Fantasy. There are just some games I have to play the minute they come out and then others I find, I can only get into when I have the free time for it.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Well final fantasys usually have good story intros and parts to grab you in.... this time they made that into a movie for some dumb reason.

But apart from not counting the online ones. There's not been anything gripping or good pulling in a player about their intros since FFX

Why panic when you can panik? via da Tapatalk

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yeah from what I'm told much of the backstory for this game is contained in that movie and some extra anime things. Perhaps everything would be much more compelling after watching those.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yeah from what I'm told much of the backstory for this game is contained in that movie and some extra anime things. Perhaps everything would be much more compelling after watching those.

I actually tried watching some of it but I got bored when they had the story of Prompto who was some fat kid in Noctis' class who decided before he could talk to Noctis, he had to lose weight. Shit was creepy as fuck.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I actually tried watching some of it but I got bored when they had the story of Prompto who was some fat kid in Noctis' class who decided before he could talk to Noctis, he had to lose weight. Shit was creepy as fuck.
Prompto is probably my least favorite character. Not a huge fan of the whole regular guy who gets to be friends with the prince because the prince was nice thing. That backstory doesn't really help any of that.

Or perhaps I'm just mad that he keeps dying in battle because he has like half the health of everyone else.