Call of Duty Black Ops Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
the game is very good.

A patch needs to be made though for the spawn selections, and the olympia shot gun needs to be tuned down. but overall i like it better than mw2

Lefty

Liked Posts:
This game is one of the best Call of Duty's I have ever played. Aside from some minor multiplayer issues that can easily be fixed by a patched, the game is amazingly addictive. It'll keep you playing until the next one comes out for sure. Zombies and Combat Training give the game a whole new level of replay value. The campaign is intense and lengthy. Really it's all you could ask for from a shooter.

What issues have you found in the multiplayer, specifically? I think it suffers from some pretty heavy "magic bullet"/general registering issues, as well as some of the "killcam displays a timeline vastly different from what was seen in real-time" issues that bogged down MW2, but I'm not sure if that's just me.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What issues have you found in the multiplayer, specifically? I think it suffers from some pretty heavy "magic bullet"/general registering issues, as well as some of the "killcam displays a timeline vastly different from what was seen in real-time" issues that bogged down MW2, but I'm not sure if that's just me.

spawn drops are horrible

olympia is way over powered

and the matchmaking has been an issue for alot of people

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
do you guys think he got the new COD?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZEICSz_aLU]YouTube - Crazy Kid Reviews Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2[/ame]

Lefty

Liked Posts:
spawn drops are horrible

olympia is way over powered

and the matchmaking has been an issue for alot of people

1) Yes.

2) Oh yeah. Last match I was in, the game-winning kill cam was a one-shot Olympia burst that killed a dude that was at least 15 feet away.

3) I think that's attributable to the number of people wanting to play the game at the same time only slightly removed from launch day. The servers have been able to handle the load for the most part (not like Halo 3 and CoD 4), but I think it will get better as time goes on and the demand (conceivably) goes down.

And I really wish they would do something about camping, it's getting a bit ridiculous. This game isn't as bad about the number of chest-high walls and far-away corners players can crouch behind/in and massacre people from, but there are still a ton of people that abuse this feature with no penalty whatsoever. Just do what CS has had the option to do for a long time: after a certain amount of time spent in the same general area, the camper's position shows up constantly on radar until they move. I know the game is meant to be "realistic", and corner- and window-camping are acceptable tactics in warfare, but come on, this is a game where players can throw tomahawks at one another and a 1.3 K/D ratio is considered well above average; the game, in practice, isn't realistic.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
1) Yes.

2) Oh yeah. Last match I was in, the game-winning kill cam was a one-shot Olympia burst that killed a dude that was at least 15 feet away.

3) I think that's attributable to the number of people wanting to play the game at the same time only slightly removed from launch day. The servers have been able to handle the load for the most part (not like Halo 3 and CoD 4), but I think it will get better as time goes on and the demand (conceivably) goes down.

And I really wish they would do something about camping, it's getting a bit ridiculous. This game isn't as bad about the number of chest-high walls and far-away corners players can crouch behind/in and massacre people from, but there are still a ton of people that abuse this feature with no penalty whatsoever. Just do what CS has had the option to do for a long time: after a certain amount of time spent in the same general area, the camper's position shows up constantly on radar until they move. I know the game is meant to be "realistic", and corner- and window-camping are acceptable tactics in warfare, but come on, this is a game where players can throw tomahawks at one another and a 1.3 K/D ratio is considered well above average; the game, in practice, isn't realistic.

Oh the campers drive me insane! in this game there are so many spots to camp, i sometimes cant walk into a room without a tool hiding and blending in with the wall.

are you and your brother sharing the account?

Lefty

Liked Posts:
Yes, we are, that's why my K/D isn't as good as it should be. I should be up around 1.7-2.0, but him wanting to try out so many new weapons and perks kinda skews it downward.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yes, we are, that's why my K/D isn't as good as it should be. I should be up around 1.7-2.0, but him wanting to try out so many new weapons and perks kinda skews it downward.

im the sme way as him, i wanna try out different shit. are you a sniper?

Lefty

Liked Posts:
No, I was usually one in MW2, when you could quick-scope, but since that's gone I just rush the opposing flanks.

Undisputed

Liked Posts:

You pretty much covered it with the bolded text. That and the already mentioned spawning issue. It's really frustrating when you get killed and spawns right by three guys from the other team. The spawning is only a problem on the smaller maps. The game just needs some fine tuning.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You pretty much covered it with the bolded text. That and the already mentioned spawning issue. It's really frustrating when you get killed and spawns right by three guys from the other team. The spawning is only a problem on the smaller maps. The game just needs some fine tuning.

It is on the big maps too. I play alot of groundwar which only uses the bigger maps, and it is happening all the time. Im getting really pissed when i get killed and spawn in the middle of 3 guys.

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
I'm having no problem with this spawning dewey...quit your bitching and play

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
I have no recollection of this dewey

Undisputed

Liked Posts:
It is on the big maps too. I play alot of groundwar which only uses the bigger maps, and it is happening all the time. Im getting really pissed when i get killed and spawn in the middle of 3 guys.

Damn, really? That may just be some bad luck. I haven't had any issues with the spawning in bigger maps.

Nuketown has the worst spawning issues by far.

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
Damn, really? That may just be some bad luck. I haven't had any issues with the spawning in bigger maps.

that's understandable though...I <3 that map btw

Lefty

Liked Posts:

It sometimes happens to me on the bigger maps, and a lot of the time on the smaller maps. I think what causes it is the fact that where you spawn is dependent (at least in part) on where the rest of your team is, and the game puts you at a spawn point nearest them. Problem is, though, that if a big pack of teammates is engaging with the enemy, you'll spawn near that firefight, and it doesn't take a lot for you to appear at a spawn point that is really close to those enemies. What makes it even worse is that the game doesn't seem to recognize a spawn-death-spawn-death pattern, and if your team doesn't move or get killed, you could be stuck in that crappy pattern for three or more cycles, easy. And the flip-side of that is that it isn't uncommon for enemies to spawn behind you; not "other side of the map" behind, mind you, but almost directly behind you.

If you're on a roll with a good weapon and the right perks, this can actually be kind of easy to manage, but it also has the chance to be extremely frustrating, if only for the fact that the game's spawning issues can have a direct negative impact on your K/D ratio.

God, I hate that map. Not because I don't think it's fun--it's a blast in small spurts--but when lobbies just keep voting for Nuketown over and over, and more than half of the Headquarters matches you join (as happened to me tonight) are on Nuketown--and they stay there--it's just a pain in the ass, what with all the 'nade spamming, spawn issues, inability to escape the better killstreaks. Stop voting that shit.

Lefty

Liked Posts:
Oh yeah, I'm about half-way through the first prestige, and I have a question: is the 50K price tag just for the prestige lobbies, or is that what it's going to cost to prestige every time on top of paying to play with just other prestiges?

Status
Not open for further replies.