REST OF THE SEASON DUMPSTER FIRE IGT! POST IT ALL HERE FOLKS!!!!!!!!! ****** Woo!

oober

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I consider this season a victory for the bears. 3rd pick secure and one of the most important offseasons in franchise history upcoming. Frankly, I'm excited if for no other reason that we will have a new franchise QB most likely and the cap space and draft position to really improve both sides of the ball if Pace can make the right decisions.

Bad decision to draft one of the available QB's in this draft with the 3rd pick.... Wanna trade back and get one I'm fine with that, just not the 3rd pick. Give me Allen all day with the 3rd, Draft Kelly in the 2nd.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Is there any chance we move into the #2 pick if the 49ers miraculously win today, or is that not possible with SOS?

I thought there was a possibility, I was wrong. Not possible, Bears pick third no matter what happens. Barring a trade, don't want to be wrong again.

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
I know many will they say they don't care but I wanted Willie Young to get a half sack. He needed it for a 500k bonus. Maybe it was health related but I find it very odd he didn't play more in the 2nd half.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
oh thankfully Cleveland winning has no benefit to the bears... literally the browns about to take a finishing lead vs Pittsburgh and they fumbled.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Bad decision to draft one of the available QB's in this draft with the 3rd pick.... Wanna trade back and get one I'm fine with that, just not the 3rd pick. Give me Allen all day with the 3rd, Draft Kelly in the 2nd.

It's not a bad decision if you have said QB graded high. I don't have a problem taking Allen but these definitive statements are silly to me. History is filled with can't miss prospects that missed and with guys that people thought were huge fucking gambles that turned out stellar. The reverse is also true.

So at the end of the day, you trust your scouts, evaluators and yourself and take the player you believe in.

oober

Staff member
Liked Posts:
It's not a bad decision if you have said QB graded high. I don't have a problem taking Allen but these definitive statements are silly to me. History is filled with can't miss prospects that missed and with guys that people thought were huge fucking gambles that turned out stellar. The reverse is also true.

So at the end of the day, you trust your scouts, evaluators and yourself and take the player you believe in.

Let's hope whatever they do they don't miss.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Let's hope whatever they do they don't miss.

We haven't even gotten there and we are set up to miss.

Watson and Kizer are huge risks but we are pressured to consider taking that risk no matter what to an extreme extent.

Garrett/Allen/Peppers/Barnett meanwhile are as sure things in one draft you will find. Fitpatrick, some other safeties and corners....I'd be happy picking defense from anywhere in the top 10 this year.

mecha

Liked Posts:
there are people here that say the team should just spend picks on quarterbacks every single year.

the Cubs broke their curse, the Bears are now the "next year" team.

I Just Want To Read

Liked Posts:
there are people here that say the team should just spend picks on quarterbacks every single year.

the Cubs broke their curse, the Bears are now the "next year" team.

I wish we would draft a QB every single year. It's such an important position, that I don't see why you wouldn't frequently draft them.

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ohhhhh so then the post that this whole debate started with when you said he can't spot talent was for nothing cause now you're finally admitting that he has spotted talent for this team.....Hmmmmmmmm.

You obviously have a thinking disorder..I acknowledged he picked 2 correctly in responding to remys post..BTW..With all that great talent you claim Pace signed, we went from 6 wins his first year to 3 wins his 2nd year..Thats some great talent he signed

Last edited:

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
I wish we would draft a QB every single year. It's such an important position, that I don't see why you wouldn't frequently draft them.

Because they're sensitive bunch... but also they need reps and the talent around them to succeed. It's not some you know its good after you draft him and have him in camp and that's that for the year, settled understanding... you sign UDFA QBs about every year though in the same fold of maybe he'll develop but that's the one blue moon in a half decade event.

Bronko

Liked Posts:
If no one on the coaching staff loses their job after this record-setting, train wreck of a season, it's an open declaration by the owners that they just don't give a fuck if the team wins or loses, as long as it makes money.

And the fans should judge and act accordingly.

Escobar's Army

Liked Posts:

Thank God someone else gets it on here. It dradt a QB at 3 if we have a top 10 grade on a guy. I just don't see that guy.

WhatAMess

Liked Posts:
Horrible, and people who think a qb and coach change would help are insane.

DL and edge...you have Hicks, Goldman if he does not get hurt. Bullard may get better...or not. Other DE's are garbage. OLB...two guys who could be dominate if they could stay healthy. They will not. Then you have...what....nothing?

ILB...same issue...age, injuries.....

WR....lmao. With Jeffrey, if he stays healthy and off drugs we are OK....and if Cam
continues to grow. After that...White...Bellamy...Thompson, Braverman? Truly a joke.

No qb.

A 30 plus year old t.e. who spends half of every season hurt.

At rb...one real stud and two total duds.

Safeties cannot cover or tackle, corners cannot force a turnover. Not sure if adding 20 guys to the team would even be enough.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
This team is terrible.

They need like 8 new starters and a QB and a HC.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
8 more years of high picks and we're there.