Matt Barkley is a leader of Men

jtreal3

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Barkley has never started a game, has never prepped as a starter, has never gotten practice reps.

He has 5 games as a starter, to be assessed as a starter.

Let's let it breath and see what he does.

He'll be gone at the end of the season hopefully with Fox!

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why can't Barkley be something?

Before today he had never started a game.

In his first start he played well and in my world is worth watching.

Its why I wouldnt mind keeping him here.....he can be the 3rd QB at worst

Escobar's Army

Liked Posts:
Barkley has never started a game, has never prepped as a starter, has never gotten practice reps.

He has 5 games as a starter, to be assessed as a starter.

Let's let it breath and see what he does.

At least let him keep starting if he's playing well, that should be a no brainer. This organization deserves to catch a break and I can think of no better break than finding a QB on the junk heap.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
hands.jpg

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
At least let him keep starting if he's playing well, that should be a no brainer. This organization deserves to catch a break and I can think of no better break than finding a QB on the junk heap.

I agree.

We deserve some luck.

He is 1/1 on looking like an NFL starter.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Barkley has all the talent in the world....now can his brain process everything and match it. He is young and hopefully we will see as the season continues.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Barkley has all the talent in the world....now can his brain process everything and match it. He is young and hopefully we will see as the season continues.

5 games to prepare as the starter and build confidence.

Makes it interesting.

If Barkley had imploded I think I would have turned off the last 5 games.

Monster O

Liked Posts:
Barkley has the intangibles you are looking for in a QB. I think he continues to play well during the last 5 games of the season.

tgmxd

Liked Posts:
Keep him if he keeps looking good. Then you still draft another QB high this offseason. See who is better in and then trade the other. QB's always have trade value.

The Eagles did it right.

MrOuija

Liked Posts:

He's a smart QB with a calm demeanor, that's not an issue, that's probably his biggest strength actually. My question has always been does he have the physical tools to run anything other than a dink and dunk NFL offense. Not sure about that, and as a Barkley fan I was hoping he'd get a chance on a better team than Chicago, but oh well, here's to hoping it works out.

alexbear1

Liked Posts:
Looks like Ryan Pace has unearthed another potential long term player for the Bears roster (off the street basically). One has to give Pace and Barkley their due in their respective areas.

Barkley had a few bad throws (more than understandable given his lead in time and experience) but there must have literally been 10+ dropped passes that were easily catchable. Howard, Bellamy, Paulson, Merdith, Wilson and Thompson were all culpable on more than one occasion.

The OL kept a relatively clean pocket and Barkley wasn't afraid to stay in there to make the throw and take the hit.

The Titans secondary is appalling. They have two firsts to rectify that in the upcoming draft.

The Bears defence as a whole was generally poor with the secondary being abused but when it was required at the end it forced some tremendous 3 and outs. No sacks which is poor but the Titans OL is a strength. 2 good tackles.

Mariota is really good but Barkley might be as well.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Let's see what confidence and chance to practice with the starters does for him.

Barkley played well without

2 Pro Bowl OGs
Top 3 WRs
#1 TE

Monk

I hate acronyms
Donator
Liked Posts:
Keep him if he keeps looking good. Then you still draft another QB high this offseason. See who is better in and then trade the other. QB's always have trade value.

The Eagles did it right.

Unless they are Cutler. But usually yes they do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Just keep starting Barkley. If he goes south, start Fales. Just don't start Cutler again this season. We know what he can do. Give the younger guys a shot to show us what they've got.

alexbear1

Liked Posts:
3 QBs on the roster 2017: -

Cutler, Hoyer (re-sign) or Glennon (in FA) / draft pick (I'd ideally take Mahomes II in the 2nd) / and either Barkley or Shaw with Barkley currently the favourite.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
He's a smart QB with a calm demeanor, that's not an issue, that's probably his biggest strength actually. My question has always been does he have the physical tools to run anything other than a dink and dunk NFL offense. Not sure about that, and as a Barkley fan I was hoping he'd get a chance on a better team than Chicago, but oh well, here's to hoping it works out.

Not sure about that? He may not be able to launch it 70 yards but he was on target on every throw today beyond 30 yards with the exception of one pass which was a miscommunication.

Monk

I hate acronyms
Donator
Liked Posts:

If you operate a dink and dunk offense well, you can be successful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chinese

Liked Posts:
Jay Cutler has 1 more td than Barkley this year..of course it took Jay several games to throw that many

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
He played really well.

Didn't get sacked, made some great throws and did a lot without many weapons.
Also have to say the OL did a fine job giving him time to throw. And he needed it.

The Titans had to blitz to get any pressure on him.

He threw some picks under pressure. But he's young. Hopefully he can develop excellent decision making under pressure.